Anyone willing to try this tactic? Got me 200 goals in the league...

The Quilo

Reaction score
Now before I continue, I must admit that the thread title is somewhat misleading. Basically, the purpose of this thread is for me to convince someone to try out an old tactic I used on older FM's, as I do not have this years installation of the series. Let me warn you, this tactic is from FM 2011, however due to its classic layout, I have been able to use it successfully in newer versions of FM without changing a thing. In fact the tactic became even more successful with newer Football Manager versions.

Ultimately I am just plain curious. Now I cannot promise the same success I found to whoever is brave enough to try this tactic, however I NEED to know if this tactic can be successfully integrated into FM 2014 or it will eat at me for however long until FM 2015 comes out.

Oh and if you need proof of my success, here it is:

View attachment 625059View attachment 364676

The next season I managed 198 goals, but unfortunately I never screen shotted it...

For those of you willing to test it, have fun! Oh and post here your results because I am dying to know if it works as well as it has in the past for me.

Team + Player Instructions:

View attachment 363490View attachment 363493View attachment 363486View attachment 363489View attachment 363492View attachment 625059View attachment 363485View attachment 363488

EDIT: Almost forgot, it is crucial that you keep tactic prep Very High on Attacking movement or whatever the equivalent is in FM 2014. I also used the smallest possible field, and inverted wingers is what brought me most success. Everything else is pretty standard stuff. Left striker is more of the hold up, all around player, right striker is more the poacher. FAST DEFENDERS ARE ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL. One defender needs AT LEAST 15 for acc and pace.

Minor change in set pieces, set a striker to challenge the goalie on corners and make sure all crosses come in near post, everything else should be already set up for corners. Got my central defender 40+ goals in 1 season.

Last edited:
I don't get it, your screenshot is for FM 2012, so basically, you want us to test your tactic in 2014, when you haven't even tried it yourself?

Will test it with my wolves save, and I'll start a new one with United.

Ill have a look at it, just going through a rough patch and the AI teams have figured out my currently successful tactic, so hopefully this could change my fortunes.

View attachment 364574

Plugged it into my wolves FMC save, tremendous results. Season 2019-20, my squad is on average 3 1/2 stars to 4 1/2 stars. Will get back once I use it for the whole of Season 2020-21.

Last edited:
Trying this in EPL and Spanish Division B2 at the same time on the same save. Will let you know how it works at highest level and LLM.

View attachment 625280

Plugged it into my wolves FMC save, tremendous results. Season 2019-20, my squad is on average 3 1/2 stars to 4 1/2 stars. Will get back once I use it for the whole of Season 2020-21.

Wow, 7-2, 6-0, beating Bayern 3-0 and with Wolves! Some great results you got there. The tactic lives! This makes me incredibly excited for FM 2015. Keep me posted!

I'll keep this thread up.

I'm about to start a test game with Liverpool for this, as it seems like a decent team to test things with. Enough quality for things to work, but still outpaced by some of the other teams so knowing where you should stand seems to make it a bit easier to see how tactics go.

If it turns out well, I'll test with a couple other teams.

Hey Luke what tactic did you use before using this one?

Hey Luke what tactic did you use before using this one?

The Feevah - origins 3.0.1 and Real Locksmith Tactic. Not sure how to copy n paste them onto this post but im sure if you type theses into search on forum you will find them:)

View attachment 363993View attachment 363991 View attachment 363990

Tested The Tactic for my wolves save after that devastating half of the season I plugged it in previously, the results have been tremendous, honestly the results are crazy. Won almost everything except for the F.A Cup.

View attachment 363988 -Goals Scored, comes from all over the park, assists from everywhere as well. (P.S Rick Oosterwechel is one of those regens that end up in the wrong position and since it's FMC, it's almost impossible to retrain him, I used MacAssistant to scout this guy.)

View attachment 363987 - Leagues Best Defence and Best Offence.

View attachment 363986 -Unlucky Loss in the final, Players simply didn't show up.

View attachment 363985 View attachment 363984 View attachment 363983 View attachment 363982View attachment 363982 View attachment 363981 View attachment 363979

The rest are results that I thought were crazy as well. It's been a roller coaster of a season.

Last edited:
View attachment 626622View attachment 626626 View attachment 626629

Tested The Tactic for my wolves save after that devastating half of the season I plugged it in previously, the results have been tremendous, honestly the results are crazy. Won almost everything except for the F.A Cup.

View attachment 626635 -Goals Scored, comes from all over the park, assists from everywhere as well. (P.S Rick Oosterwechel is one of those regens that end up in the wrong position and since it's FMC, it's almost impossible to retrain him, I used MacAssistant to scout this guy.)

View attachment 626638 - Leagues Best Defence and Best Offence.

View attachment 626639 -Unlucky Loss in the final, Players simply didn't show up.

View attachment 626640 View attachment 626641 View attachment 626644 View attachment 626645View attachment 626645 View attachment 626647 View attachment 626653

The rest are results that I thought were crazy as well. It's been a roller coaster of a season.

Haha 115 goals in the league with Wolves. Fantastic! I imagine a team like Bayern or Barca could easily hit 150 with this tactic. Encouraging to see this tactic works brilliantly in FM 2014 too. If you find the time, make sure you post next seasons results once you are done. This is riveting stuff!

Can someone post this tactic so I can copy it and us it on the ps vita version? I can't download .tac files so I would just need to see a picture of it and the team instructions so I can try it. Thanks!