Anyone willing to try this tactic? Got me 200 goals in the league...

I started a new save with Chelsea ( LFCMarshall Update) ... my first game with your tactic -

Won 6-2 against Swansea. Pretty good. Was winning 4-0 in the first half.

Thats because its a classic plug and play tactic.

I don't think you understand bro. FM14 is not backwards compatible with tactics from previous versions. No matter if you plug this tactic in FMC or regular FM mode the tactic shows up with just the formation and what it interprets to be the player roles.

View attachment 363609

There are no team instructions, no players instructions, it sets it at Standard mentality and balanced fluidity.

I don't think you understand bro. FM14 is not backwards compatible with tactics from previous versions. No matter if you plug this tactic in FMC or regular FM mode the tactic shows up with just the formation and what it interprets to be the player roles.

View attachment 627449

There are no team instructions, no players instructions, it sets it at Standard mentality and balanced fluidity.

hmmm, is this the case for everybody or just you? I had no idea because like I said I have never used it with FM 2014.

EDIT: Player roles and team instruction added to OP. Hope that helps!

Last edited:
hmmm, is this the case for everybody or just you? I had no idea because like I said I have never used it with FM 2014.

EDIT: Player roles and team instruction added to OP. Hope that helps!

No it's not just me, its the way FM14 works. Why don't you just download the demo and then you can see for yourself and even try getting your tactic to work bro. Football Manager 2014 on Steam

View attachment 626622View attachment 626626 View attachment 626629

Tested The Tactic for my wolves save after that devastating half of the season I plugged it in previously, the results have been tremendous, honestly the results are crazy. Won almost everything except for the F.A Cup.

View attachment 626635 -Goals Scored, comes from all over the park, assists from everywhere as well. (P.S Rick Oosterwechel is one of those regens that end up in the wrong position and since it's FMC, it's almost impossible to retrain him, I used MacAssistant to scout this guy.)

View attachment 626638 - Leagues Best Defence and Best Offence.

View attachment 626639 -Unlucky Loss in the final, Players simply didn't show up.

View attachment 626640 View attachment 626641 View attachment 626644 View attachment 626645View attachment 626645 View attachment 626647 View attachment 626653

The rest are results that I thought were crazy as well. It's been a roller coaster of a season.

What is nickichl using as far as roles, instructions etc? Seems to be working fantastically for him. even though he's in later seasons, and i guess with a completely different team (so not really Wolves) still impressive results regardless

What is nickichl using as far as roles, instructions etc? Seems to be working fantastically for him. even though he's in later seasons, and i guess with a completely different team (so not really Wolves) still impressive results regardless

View attachment 363291

Player Roles are as shown. No team instructions, I agree, my wolves isn't really wolves with regens and newgens. That's why I included the current ratings (*) as well, so everyone else can gauge themselves. Overall the results are still crazy though, but I must admit some of them were really lucky too.

Last edited:
Testing it out with a few adjustments and so far won 2-0 vs Fiorentina at home and 4-1 Liverpool away. Still testing but may be a little luck.

I'm currently working on a FM 14 compatible version of this tactic. Testing it out to see how effective it is.

EDIT: After getting the full FM 14 game and tweaking this tactic to fit FM 14, I've got some pretty promising results. Right now my second string Man U team is hammering Olympiacos 6-0 with 22 shots on target. And the tactic isn't even fluid yet.

I'll update the OP with it soon.

Last edited:
I'm currently working on a FM 14 compatible version of this tactic. Testing it out to see how effective it is.

EDIT: After getting the full FM 14 game and tweaking this tactic to fit FM 14, I've got some pretty promising results. Right now my second string Man U team is hammering Olympiacos 6-0 with 22 shots on target. And the tactic isn't even fluid yet.

I'll update the OP with it soon.

Will be looking forward to this, I've got the tactic but need the team instructions, etc.

Are you ******* kidding me. Apparently it doesn't matter how amazing your tactic is, or the fact Lionel ******* Messi gets 10 shots on target, the game will still **** you over in the end. I wish I could say this kind of a result occurred once in a blue moon but I can't; I'm totally done with this game.

Just wanted to report back. Obviously had poor results before my players gained tactical familiarity but now that they have I have been getting good results on both my LLM and my EPL teams. First game with the tactic was funny. Chelsea had 25 shots, 9 ccc, and I had 2 shots, 1 on target and won 1-0.

Are you ******* kidding me. Apparently it doesn't matter how amazing your tactic is, or the fact Lionel ******* Messi gets 10 shots on target, the game will still **** you over in the end. I wish I could say this kind of a result occurred once in a blue moon but I can't; I'm totally done with this game.

Uhm this can happen in real life too, I don't know if you watch football but if you check Chelsea vs Barca 2012 you could say this is what happened, if you build your team around tactic you can get some amazing results, just check my Wimbledon screens this is what happens when you build your team around yours tactics View attachment 361395View attachment 361394

lol this tactic if just default 4-2-4
thats meant FM14 can read that classic tactic,
u can try it to prove
choose 4-4-2 tactic and drag ur 2 wingers up

Yesterday I started my 2nd season in JIPPO (2nd finnish league), I will test your tactics on a really poor skill-wise club and let you know the results. That is when I'm back from work ;)

Sorry but you cant test this on fm 2014 its just a normal 4-2-4 formation with none team instructions, I lost all the matches i played

I would like to test it out but being newish to Football Manager I have no idea how I'd even set it up..