Are arsenal just bad defensively or..

I'm hoping Wenger does sign new player(s) in January.

Arsenal are bad defensively BECAUSE of their attacking philosophy. You seemed to suggest in the first post that they are seperate reasons when they are one in the same.
Summed it up in one sentence.

Arsenal are bad defensively BECAUSE of their attacking philosophy. You seemed to suggest in the first post that they are seperate reasons when they are one in the same.

Oh **** lol, how stupid of me.

nice for spotting redrup.

I'm hoping Wenger does sign new player(s) in January.

Arsenal have around £50M to spend don't they.?

I think if they do buy player they should buy a striker who will get 20+ goals a season i think that is what arsenal are missing, maybe that is just me who thinks that ?

We do need a defensive mid but as someone said theres not many world class defensive midfielders that would go to arsenal atm if i could take gilberto silva or flamini back then 100% i would.

stupid decisions are our downfall tbh.

Arsenal have around £50M to spend don't they.?

I think if they do buy player they should buy a striker who will get 20+ goals a season i think that is what arsenal are missing, maybe that is just me who thinks that ?

We don't need a Striker who scors 20+ a season if we keep playing like we have been, 6 goals against Blackburn with all different scorers? As long as goals come, I don't care who scores them.

We do need a defensive mid but as someone said theres not many world class defensive midfielders that would go to arsenal atm if i could take gilberto silva or flamini back then 100% i would.

stupid decisions are our downfall tbh.

I think Song is a good defensive mid to be fair i think if he gets games he will really show what he can do i have always liked him.

I think if they do buy player they should buy a striker who will get 20+ goals a season i think that is what arsenal are missing, maybe that is just me who thinks that ?[/QUOTE]

That would also help but i think wenger's right to give Bendtner and Vela a chance, aswell as Van Persie and Eduardo

We don't need a Striker who scors 20+ a season if we keep playing like we have been, 6 goals against Blackburn with all different scorers? As long as goals come, I don't care who scores them.

Yeah i no what you mean but i like arsenal always have really i like the way they play football and i would like to see a out and out goal scorer at the club

To be fair I wouldn't mind one, just like Henry used to be. But that isn't the most important thing on the agenda for the club.

To be fair I wouldn't mind one, just like Henry used to be. But that isn't the most important thing on the agenda for the club.

Yeah if you could get a player like henry that would be super for you

Aresnal need a premiership quality Guy Moussi, or just Guy Moussi.

Viera wouldn't be a bad signing, even if he was there for one season. Just somebody to sort out the midfield. Anybody with experience in that position would do for Arsenal

What about...the best way to defend is to keep possesion when leading 1-0 and pick off your opponents by keep passing and passing and just wait for the right moment to strike when your opposition are half asleep? just what barcelona did to man utd last season in champions league final?

would that work for arsenal? lol

Last edited:
There is no player like Henry though ;)

That is true he is unique, but i am sure arsenal and there super scouts can find some one like henry.

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

What about...the best way to defend is to keep possesion when leading 1-0 and pick off your opponents by keeping passing and passing and just wait for the right moment to strike when your opposition are half asleep? just what barcelona did to man utd last season in champions league final?

would that work for arsenal? lol

I think arsenal should just keep playing like they are it seems to be working you are getting loads of goal and yeah you do let in a few but i reckon in time that will be sorted Wenger knows what he is doing and will sort it out the best he can

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

What do you guys think about Arsenal's Keepers ?

manuel almunia -

&

Vito Manonne -

almunia -

Manonne -

fabianski -

What do you guys think of them ?

They are pretty **** to be honest danny, almunia is our best keeper but seems to get beat from 20+ and further all the time its really frustrating. Vito Mannone is good but that game against fulham all the saves he done was flukes imo as fulham have lost form abit and they dont score very often. Fabianski was a good prospect when he first signed for arsenal as i seen a few videos of him at legia on youtube and he looked class but i guess youtube can make me look good lol.

Almunia - Good. Underrated. Though he used to be more solid than he has been the start of this season.

Manonne - Looks good but I think he will **** up big time if he keeps playing and I don't want that to happen to the kid.

Fabianski - Too error prone.