Are arsenal just bad defensively or..

Mannone looks like a good prospect, Fabianski is also a okay prospect and almunia is ... meh

i love the way we play ,the we will score 1 more than u attitude has won us thousands of fans all over the world
i wouldn`t want them to change that i want trophys like all fans, as for buying people in i agree if its anyone a goalkeeper thats no1 for his country would be a start we have needed 1 since seaman left years ago lehmaan was good but was always messing up i.e champions league final!, a dmc would be good but would have to be reconised as we have diaby,denilson,song all are ok and song for me lacks timing and is very clumsy gives alot of needless freekicks away, but i would say in answer to your question we are a gunho team and that does cost us defensifly but i admit i would have prefered to win 4-0 against blackbur rather than 6-2!

Put Terry, Essien, and Torres into Arsenal's side and they would be the best in the world.

Put Terry, Essien, and Torres into Arsenal's side and they would be the best in the world.

id have torres you can keep essien n terry i`ll have gerrard n puyol or nesta!;)

What i think arsenal need:
Goal keeper
Center mid/Defensive mid
Striker

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

You only said Terry & Essien cause your a chelsea fan

To be fair Essien is who we need. Terry is also a solid centre back.

To be fair Essien is who we need. Terry is also a solid centre back.

True but Puyol,Rio,Vidic are all better then terry i think

And yeah to be fair there is not many players better then Essien

You only said Terry & Essien cause your a chelsea fan

I said Terry because Arsenal don't have a real leader, Essien because Arsenal really badly need a top defensive midfielder and Torres to get them 20+ goals a season.
So no it's not because im a Chelsea fan, im just saying what would make Arsenal a top top team.

As much as i like essien, hes not a defensive mid hes just a tank who drives the team foward he a attacking minded player also a good tackler tho.

Arsenal dont need any new players, Vermaelen is a quality new defender for the club, hes strong, quick and can score goals. Defensively the club is pretty sound, Sagna and Clichy are two good upcoming young full backs, maybe need strength added to their overall game, but that will come through. Gallas is still in my opinion, a experienced defender who can play the game at premier league level, hes the French captain!! Alex Song is awesome at his job in the team, strong, quick and has bundles of skill on and off the ball, what more do you want? When have this season, have you seen Song make a full-blooded error? The attacking side in the club is awesome, players such as Diaby, Fabregas, Nasri and Arshavin are all fantastic going forward, Van Persie is a provider and has the best left-foot in the club, whereas Eduardo is the natural born goal scorer, therefore no need for a new striker! complete waste of money. Arsenal have the ability to win the league this season, yea maybe they let in a few goals, so what? When the team has the potential to know their own ability and score more than the oppostion, everyones a winner. No one needs to worry about the Gunners, due to the fact that on there day, they can rip any team to absolute shreads....

Nasri8, song has played good this season but hes made loads of mistakes so far this season its what you dont see that lets him down its his intelligence to read the game as a 'defensive mid' he was originally a centre back and you can tell that by looking at his positional skills as a defensive mid also he makes several missed time challenges that lead to a set piece in a very dangerous position which causes arsenal big problems eg - the man utd game where diaby scored a own goal? lol song gave away the freekick out of nothing.

all becuase song made a good pass or a good tackle doesnt mean he overall game is spot on you got to look into it with much more detail.

Last edited:
As much as i like essien, hes not a defensive mid hes just a tank who drives the team foward he a attacking minded player also a good tackler tho.

With that said i can't think of many who are better than him playing at DM but i agree he is far better more advanced up the pitch.

dont laugh but i think wilson palcios would be great for arsenal

believe it or not, they need someone like wilson palacios who is a tough tackling player. maybe they should just get patrick vieira back from inter

well one positive can be taken from every season...at least we're not liverpool.

We don't need a past-it Patrick Vieira at Arsenal. The one signing I would love to see in January is a world class defensive midfielder. I love Song, but as a fan you'd like to see a bit more defensive stability in that position than what he provides at the moment. A centre back can wait until next summer, unless Djourou comes back from his injury and turns into das_swiss_wall. You're even forgetting Senderos, who on his day looks as solid as anybody.

if angelo palombo is as good in a real life as he is on fm, then he can be considered a world class defensive midfielder. then maybe arsenal can get him :p

From a neutral's perspective, I don't think that adding one DMC will change things an awful lot. IMHO the problem is that you're too focused on attack as a team. Looking at the midfield and forwards lineup against Blackburn (in no particular order)...
Diaby
Song
Fabregas
Arshavin
Rosicky
van Persie

Of those 6, I'd suggest that at most, 1 is a semi-decent defender, the other 5 are pretty much more attack minded players, none of whom I'd rate overly highly in defence. Yes, a midfield player needs to attack, but they also need to defend and personally I think that's where they're all falling down a little.

Having said that, I love watching Arsenal play. I love how they very rarely play the ball off the ground, how they string passes together up the pitch... it's just nice attractive football from a neutral's perspective. It's just that if their midfield can't contest the ball all that well, you're going to need either the best back 4 in the league, or you're going to leak a few goals.

That's my 2 cents anyway...

dont laugh but i think wilson palcios would be great for arsenal

I reckon Palacios is a fantastic defensive mid. He would be great for Arsenal. By the way weren't there apparent rumours that Wenger wanted to buy Del Rossi?? I mean I doubt it but just wondering.

Yeah there was a rumour but De Rossi said he was happy at Roma, we need a player like Veloso in fm who has great passing ability but is great defensively as well so he can be deployed as a deep lying playmaker so we wouldnt have to really take away the beautiful football away from our team