Are footballers overpaid?

Well, football is game where 22 men run after one ball.

Well, forgetting all the money behind football, just ask yourself 'Do these people deserve the money they earn based on the difficulty of the job that they do?'.

Do they ****.

But that's life.

It's amusing watching people go round and round in circles arguing about this.

One thing is for certain though, if any of you were professional footballers would you be moaning? 'Awh no go give my wages to a doctor I don't derserve it!' Would you ****.

The market decides the value of the player. If the market decides Samuel Eto'o is worth £300k p/w, he is worth £300k p/w. Simple as.

What's stopping the Governments of those countries increasing taxes on clubs that do that? Nothing. And who's to say that Eto'o isn't earning his wages? He's one of the best strikers of the past decade: seems to me like he's earning his wages. A doctor doesn't earn his wages any more than Rooney does. In fact, one could argue that football is fairer in its wage distribution: good doctors don't get paid any more than bad ones (barring promotions) whereas good footballers get paid more than bad ones.

Eto is earning his wages because he is a good striker??? How can anyone justify 300K a week for any job even nurses etc. Thats just stupid money and I know that if they are offered it then of course they will take it. I just feel people who do more important jobs should be paid more. I know its not possible but in principle it should be that people like nurses and even more so Armed Forces get paid more. You risk your life or you score a goal. Which one deserves a better pay???

Eto is earning his wages because he is a good striker??? How can anyone justify 300K a week for any job even nurses etc. Thats just stupid money and I know that if they are offered it then of course they will take it. I just feel people who do more important jobs should be paid more. I know its not possible but in principle it should be that people like nurses and even more so Armed Forces get paid more. You risk your life or you score a goal. Which one deserves a better pay???

Yes, Eto'o is earning his wages because he is a good striker. If he plays 300k p/w good, then he is earning his wages (questionable grammar, but **** it).

As I already said, you can easily justify 300k p/w. The market decides their value.

It's fine that you feel that people who do more important jobs should earn more, but if you agree it isn't possible then why are you so tied up about it? I feel that the pure model of Communism would greatly improve our society, but I know that realistically Communism doesn't work. Therefore, I don't get angry over it not being suggested. Same kind of deal here.

Yes, Eto'o is earning his wages because he is a good striker. If he plays 300k p/w good, then he is earning his wages (questionable grammar, but **** it).

As I already said, you can easily justify 300k p/w. The market decides their value.

It's fine that you feel that people who do more important jobs should earn more, but if you agree it isn't possible then why are you so tied up about it? I feel that the pure model of Communism would greatly improve our society, but I know that realistically Communism doesn't work. Therefore, I don't get angry over it not being suggested. Same kind of deal here.

I do understand it cant happen so my argument is baseless but being realistic they should get more but it will never happen so...