Arising from the shadows, the mightiest AFC Telford!

Reaction score
Well hi guys,

finally got bored of madrid and winning everything in the world each year, and though this is my first proper FM I'm gonna give it a go with the mighty, the strong, the feared, the world class players of AFC Telford.

I won't punish you with my profound thinking in whether play as I would like them to play or as they can play.
I don't know what is the most important aspect on LLM, I don't know if I can trust my assistant or not.
Well, I don't know ****. I just know that I'll set the pace to slow so they may be able to connect three passes in
a row.

Friendlies are of no importance so I'll just jump to the tasty thing, since am predicted second I hope I don't miserably
fail to at least go to the playoffs, but first season will be more a way of understanding LLM than really hope
for the most. Aim: CL in twenty seasons (I know the challenge is 15 but ****...)

Ready to rumble then, first away to Burscough.
The team is far from having gelled, and the performances are poor but we still are favourites, nevertheless a great game from my ML Fordsick gives us the three points

Burscough 1-3 AFC Telford

Now a home game against Fleetwood, in which we are favourites, I hope to cash the maximum of points as soon as possible even if my team is not gelled. Nevertheless fleetwood suprised us with a goal at the 93rd minute, but I am more worried by the fact that we didn't create chances.

AFC Telford 1-2 Fleetwood

Now away to Hucknall
Though we were lucky and grabbed those three points I still am concerned by the quality of our attack, but pleased with our keeper.

Hucknall 0-1 AFC Telford

I played home to Gateshead, hoping to start a winning dynamic, my ML Fordsick was again man of the match and
at least I know they still fight even behind in the scorer, at least at home.

AFC Telford 2-1 Gateshead

Favourite, even if playign away but managing to score only by penalty and conceiding the odd goal. I am having to start to have very serious injury problems, half the squad is off and no for little time.

Alfreton 1-1 AFC Telford

A short break now, a game in the conference league cup (although I doubt its the true name), let's see what we can
do. Being clair favourites, the game went pretty much as it should do, even if I concided first.

AFC Telfrod 2-1 Burscough

Missing a penalty in extratime is never pleasing, another poor result at home.

AFC Telfrod 2-2 Droylsden

I really can't seem to make my team look the favourite team, I gladly accept this point

Solihull Motors 0-0 AFC Telford

Another extratime concided goal threw the game away, and another time at home

AFC Telford 1-1 Blyth

My personal run on the FA Cup started versus Evesham, game i which I was clear favourite. Nothing extraordinary
but we did the job

Evesham 0-2 AFC Telford

Well two months have passed, entering october now, the poor results in league are not that bad since I am at one point of promotion
but already five from leader. Noticed my players get nervous. As I said, I am basically checking LLM and how it works. I've added more weight to the midfield now and will play down the flanks since my wingers look promising.

Good luck. Im with Telford in 2016 and in the prem. Its reasonably easy if you sign the right players.

Though my team hasn't gelled yet, this home game gainst king's lynn is crucial, I need to score points after the disastrous results at home, and this team is playing for playoffs as well.
Yet another great performance from my keeper, and the three points stay home
AFC Telford 2-1 King's Lynn

Difficult game at Farsley, another direct rival for promotion and first game where I am outsider, the kind of game where three points can actually be four at the end of season.
Farsley 1-2 AFC Telford

Still alive in league cup, my striker failed a penalty in extra time but sought redemption scoring the lone goal of the game at the 115th minute
Hinckley 0-1 AFC Telford

My quite short adventure in the FA Cup ended against Nuneaton, who scored two 25 yard goals, one in the first minute. I think the God of Football has punished me for playing this one conservative. Yeah the God of Football is Zidane, didn't you know?
Nuneaton 2-1 AFC Telford

Despite playing with ten all the second half, an extra time penalty was given to us after I sacrificed Mourinho to the God of beautiful football.
Vauxhall 0-1 AFC Telford

And for the first time I was happy with my players performance, conceiding a goal early in the game but in the end crushing a direct rival for the playoffs, and gelling or not, conceiding too much, failing too much, in the end we are having a ten games run unbeaten, so I think things can only go better.
AFC Telford 4-1 Harrogate

Though the last good result and favourable results from concurrence made us start the fixture first, I guess my players went to celebrate a lil' bit too much
Hinckley 5-1 AFC Telford

After remembering them that huge amounts of LSD the friday night before the game could maybe slightly affect performance my players gave it a thought, and I guess that between that and the death threats I issued if they ever played like
the last game motivated them
AFC Telford 3-1 Tamworth

I have been pretty sloppy with the signings, and this means that I am losing money, that and my natural will to win some trophies made the game in the league cup pretty important. But the good point is that these players are
starting to play football.
AFC Telford 4-0 Gateshead

An eleven day break was very welcomed for my players form and stamina. My brand new signing, 18 years old borja hernandez scored and assisted. I'm startign to like LLM, mainly because opponent strikers miss the unmissable and the rest my GK takes care of.
Gainsborough 1-3 AFC Telford

I began my journey through the FA Trophy being large favourite against a little team. We were playing home and apparently we are starting to play as we should, as favourites to win the competition.
AFC Telford 4-1 Harrow Boro

Well I really need to study for uni instead of doing this, but we are alive in FA trophy and league cup, hoping to win one of them (I really need the money) and one point behind leaders in BSS, hoping that we won't need the playoffs
to get promoted. Next time I'll write this in a quite different way, just to make it more interesting.

GO AFC Telford!!!!

your starting to look good, when you have a team that have gelled to together in the lower league it makes a huge difference. Thats why I try in my second season to keep a similar team despite promotion.

Keep us updated and keep the same update format your doing it's a good read

thanks hig, I don't want to make huge essays with small games, but I think the author is about to have a severe brain damage, I just want this to be a little bit more funny.

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 AM ----------

I'll make this one short since I am starting to think about BSP, even if I am not even in december yet but I want a funny way of describing the season without overdoing it and making miles long posts. Anyway, here goes a new part in the tale of the gorgeous, the brave, the strong, the mighty, the pure heterosexuals of AFC Telford!

AFC Telford 1-0 Stafford
Despite the result, a good game in terms of possession and creation of chances.

Redditch 1-4 AFC Telford

My wings are tanks divisions, they cannot be stopped by any means. First time I am coach of the month.

Cambridge 4-1 AFC Telford
End of the story in league cup, doesn't matter but shows the difference between a BSP and I.

AFC Telford 3-0 Workington
Overall we are scoring quite a lot, and securing our leadership, and it came good for the morale after the cambridge massacre.

AFC Telford 2-2 Lewes
Second test against a BSP in the FA trophy, they didn't deserve to win at all and scored at extra time trying to cross to the second post, resulting in a 50 yards lob which I think is the most beautiful goal Ive seen in all my FM time. Very proud of my boys.

Lewes 3-1 AFC Telford
May they rot, next year I am in BSP and they are in BSS. So much for the money.

AFC Telford 2-2 Southport

Stalybridge 4-2 AFC Telford
We got hammered, don't know why though.

AFC Telford 1-2 Hyde
Bad month, I hope they pull themselves together anytime soon.

Anyway, its the end of the first leg in the championship and things stand like this:
Harrogate 43
AFC Telford 41
Gateshead 40
Hinckley 39
King's Lynn 37
Fleetwood 37
Blyth 37

My team hasn't gel yet and I guess it just won't, but I definitly need (by priorities):
a- go take a leak
b- win the next games
c- find good players for next year
d- solve my identity problem (the one in which I think I am a woman)
e- go get a bottle of coke I am thirsty
f- less important of all, maybe try to pass my uni year (now, all that FM playing may have affected my performance)

Here goes the second leg. I'd like very much to win a trophy, and that can only be the BSN title. My finance skill has been a complete and utter disaster, I've got like 40 players in my team, some with the status of key players are in the reserves. Half of them are leaving at the end of the season, I kinda hope we'll go into administartion but will the new owner keep me? This makes the necessity of titles most important.
I choosed a very small pitch, because I play closing down even the keeper, and I thought that my team could have enough technique to break defences, but in the end home games are as difficult as away games, poor choice there which I
will change next season since all the danger comes from my wings.
Ther's been rumors linking me with reading, newcastle and chelsea I'm making myself a rep here!

AFC Telford 2-0 Burscough
Fleetwood 0-0 AFC Telford (direct challenger)
AFC Telford 3-1 Hucknall
Droylsden 1-1 AFC Telford (outsider)
Gateshead 2-0 AFC Telford (direct challenger and future winner)
AFC Telford2-0 Alfreton
AFC Telford 2-0 Solihull Motors
Blyth 0-1 AFC Telford
AFC Telford 3-3 Farsley (direct challenger)
King's Lynn 2-1 AFC Telford
AFC Telford 4-0 Vauxhall
AFC Telford 1-1 Hinckley (very bad result, leadership slips away)
Harrogate 1-0 AFC Telford (bye bye leadership)
Tamworth 1-3 AFC Telford (outsider and against direct rival, finally!)
AFC Telford 1-0 Gainsborough
Stafford 2-0 AFC Telford (outsider)
Workington 1-2 AFC Telford
AFC Telford 3-0 Redditch (team has finally gelled, will be useful for play offs, which I have now secured)

Playoffs secured, I go into holidays for the last three games. I hate depending on playoffs, and I certainly don't want to stay in this hole one more year, besides the fact that I doubt the board will be too pleased if we don't promote.
Anyway, team has gelled so its good news because I like to play very fast.
Curiosities and thoughts at the end of season: my best striker is the one who has the poorest stats. The small pitch at home has costed me lots of points. Finances were terrible, and this means even if I promote and don't go into
administartion I won't have a penny.
This is my first real LLM and I didn't enjoyed it that much, maybe because I was favourite almost every game. On the other side, games are far more opened, it is difficult to keep clean sheets but it is also difficult not to score.
And I think the technical attributes are in the end just a detail, have a player with blue in pace accel and flair and he'll be cristiano ronaldo in BSN.

PLAYOFFS!!!!

Away to Hinckley, the game can't begin better for us when my dear ML Forsdick finds young and brilliant Borja Hernandez in the 16 yards box and scores what is beyond doubt a very improtant away goal. Before midtime two brilliant
combiantions between hall and webster make hinckley score twice in a game where there has been three occasions and three goals. A great intervention of my keeper avoids conceiding a third goal, while minutes later we crush a ball
to the bar let's hope we won't remember that with biterness. 15 minutes before the end of the game my MD Moore scores a second goal that I hope will be worth gold.
Hinckley 2-2 AFC Telford

In a game in which both teams were preventing the other from playing, we managed to score first, again from a cross.
This solitary goal and the injury of Fordsick, one of my key players were the only highlights of this game.
AFC Telford 1-0 Hinckley

The final will be played in the Pirelli stadium, and as once said Napoleon to his Marshalls, I told my key players:
''gentlemen, watch this land, we will fight in it and you'll all have a role to play''
Let's hope it is not another Waterloo...
90 minutes that decide a whole season against Blyth, I am favourite so what are we waiting for? Pieces are set, let us begin.

The troops fight under rain and thunder, all hope of keeping possession destroyed by the weather blyth play long balls (which is an absolute lack of taste and good manners) they bang in one, and we draw in the next occasion.
Everything is open and nobody wants to lose this.
We've got a saying in spain: ''in football, who forgives too much looses'', more or less. We dominate the whole second half and in the only approximation Blyth scores, resigned to this result five minutes before the end Fearns scores his second!!!
So we keep on riding, we keep on fihting, the rain keeps falling, thunder strikes again and again.
After the three subs, my right defender has the good idea of breaking the leg of a spartan, we're playign this one against ten for 20 minutes. Now they all go up, may they die with honour.
And finally, my indian international scores in a corner, to end this once and for all.
Lay to rest, spartans.
Blyth 2-3 AFC Telford

and to add to the public sympathy (I'll need it next year) I made a public statement in which I said that I wanted to stay here and refused to be the villans manager.

Boy, in BSP finally although pretty much I did everything wrong this season.

if you win the playoffs ill give you lionel messi for a season loan

keep up the work it sounds as though you have took that team far

lol messi in BSN, anyway this has been done without the couple loans your eceive from the parent club, so next year I'll have two quality players, I'll aim midtable then promotion, and so on... until CL

My two centre back have been on form for me in Scottish Third Division so here the names

Kieran Charnock 8k
David Armstrong Loan

thanks for the suggestions, I've been very lucky with my signings these season.

SECOND SEASON: BSP FIRST LEG

I started with 45k in june and ended with 600k in august, I used the trick the lad gave us with organizing frindlies in form of leagues, players went into an almost every day game run in july, and paid off well.
I have made some great signings, I wanted to strengthen defence, a new keeper and a brand new defense line, besides my left right is good enough. There'll be gelling problems, but ****, I need good players.
Told the board that I'd try relegation but bookmakers say with luck midtable isn't impossible.
The pitch will be alrge and long once again, just what suits my tactic.
Concerning tactics: in BSN I played a 442 all out attack, with a destroyer in midfield, so pretty much only three covered the defnse. I expected BSP to be much more difficult so I play definitly conservative, by defnse stays behind at all
times, and I use trwo destroyers (makelele-like players) in midfield. Pretty much all the offensive work has to be done by my wingers and the strikers, so far it's been a good choice.

Weymouth 0-3 AFC Telford
wow, unexpected. New striker Proctor banged two in the back of the net and a clean sheet.

AFC Telford 3-0 Luton

Well, if someone betted on me they made money, proctor two again.

Northwich 1-2 AFC Telford
This is great! Midtable seems reasonable, and who knows with luck??? anyway, let's take this step by step

AFC Telford 1-0 Stevenage

Torquey 1-0 AFC Telford
taking a look at the odds, very normal result.

AFC Telford 1-0 Histon

Perfect win, since they were leaders and I runner-up but the important are the three points.
Well, a coach of the month award.

AFC Telford 1-0 Salisbury
The only game so far where I am favourite.

Don't get me wrong, the aim is indeed prevent relegation, so I aim for 40 pts, all the rest is a bonus.

AFC Telford 3-2 Woking
Losing 0-2 at the 15th minute, this boys look real good.

dag and Red 1-0 AFC Telford
Despite the result, we took a serious beating...

Wrexham 2-0 AFC Telford
a game to forget, first goal was a perfect through ball feeded by my own midfielder, we missed a penalty... that kind of game

AFC Telford 2-0 York

yak!!! I was a complete outsider (I'm always) and York are fighting for playoffs, not bad.
My winger Moore beated the record of caps, with 121 games played for Telford.

Ebbsfleet 0-1 AFC Telford

AFC Telford 2-2 Gateshead

They were lucky, now it's personal (they already took the title from me last season)

Chelmsford 2-1 AFC Telford

AFC Telford 3-1 barrow

An easy game for the start of the league cup, I hope with luck we can go far.

AFC Telford 0-2 Crawley
Two ocacsions, two goals despite us domianting the whole game.

Rushden 1-2 AFC Telford

Very very lucky to get those three points which to be fair I didn't deserve but as I said ''the one who forgives loses'', they forgave, they lost.

AFC Telford 0-0 Mansfield
Despite playing with ten all the second half, Mansfield managed to grab a point in my turf, shame.

AFC Telford 5-0 Tamworth

First game in the FA cup, showing the difference between BSP and BSN. Will do wonders for the squad morale

A little bit of sympathy from the fans after public statements refusing to work at wigan and blackburn :)

AFC Telford 1-0 Cambridge

Three points against one of the favourites for promotion, very very good score.

AFC Telford 2-1 Worcester

Still alive in league cup, even if the players had to push the accelerator to come back from a 0-1, hoping to win it.

Fisher 1-2 AFC Telford
''THOU SHALL NOT SPECULATE WITH THE SCORE'', I sinned and almost got throwned away by a very poor team, but Proctor
acted as my saviour. Well, maybe I'll win the FA cup, who knows?

Oxford 3-1 AFC Telford
Could have done a bit better in this game, but the score is quite fair.

Kidderminster 3-3 AFC Telford

Wonderful game, hat trick from Proctor and both teams going all-out.

Time to take a general look, my defence is solid and my GK is very good. My tactic has paid off, after 20 games in BSP I am three points behind the leader and five points above the sixth so securign play offs isn't irrealistic at all. Proctor with 13 goals leads the scorers chart and Moore the assists chart.
with 680k in the safe, and most liekly to improve dramatically before the beginning of next season I have evrything I need either to survive in L2 if I promote or force promotion if I don't make it this year.
Still alive in FA cup (well that isn't very important) and in league cup, in which I hope we can go far, don't really know what teams I'll face, but the aim is to win it.
Obviously I don't give a **** about board expectations anymore, we're aiming to leadership and trophies not half measures.
If the tactic proves solid enough until the end of the season I'll upload it.
Check Proctor, doesn't have the best stats, he is irregular but he is doing wonders for me.

Glad to see you doing so well. Obviously your tactics and man-management skills are first class. Hope you gain the promotion. Good luck

BSP SECOND LEG: COMPLETELY CRAZY!!!!

Well I'll just mention what's worth mentioning, tactics, great games, etc..
To remember, I'm fighting for leadership and securing a playoff position the first year I got promoted (yeah, I am that good :) -

AFC Telford 4-2 Grays
AFC Telford 2-2 Bury (FA CUP)

We could have created the surpise, but conceided in the last minute.

Wrexham 2-1 AFC Telford (league cup)
AFC Telford 2-1 Weymouth
Bury 2-0 AFC Telford (rematch)

End of the journey in FA cup.

Solihull Motors 2-2 AFC Telford (FA Trophy)
AFC Telford 1-0 Solihull Motors (rematch)
Forest Green 1-1 AFC Telford
Luton 3-1 AFC Telford
AFC Telford 2-0 Welling
AFC Telford 1-1 Nortwich
AFC Telford 2-0 Stafford (FA Trophy)
Stevnage 4-1 AFC Telford
AFC Telford 0-0 Torquay
Histon 1-0 AFC Telford
Histon 1-1 AFC Telford (FA Trophy)
AFC Telford 1-2 Dag and Red
Salisbury 1-0 AFC Telford
AFC Telford 0-1 histon (FA Trophy rematch)

So, let me get this right. I've ben thrown out of every single cup and I currently stand at 6 points of play offs.
And to add to this, I've manage to go seven games without a win.
This sounds like it needs severe tactic changing.

AFC Telford 2-0 Wrexham
York 0-0 AFC Telford
Woking 1-2 AFC Telford
AFC Telford 1-0 Ebbsfleet
Gateshead 0-2 AFC Telford

Moore became the all time top scorer of Telford with... 31 goals (they were created in 2004)

AFC Telford 1-0 Chelmsford
Crawley 1-0 AFC Telford

Disappointing defeat, playoffs are close but yet so far way, we really need all we can give in the last ten games.

So here begins our ride for the playoffs:
I've got nothing to lose, so let's see what an all out attck system can do when you're a complete outsider.

AFC Telford 1-0 Rushden
Bad game, bad everything you want, but three points home, 7th two points to playoff

AFC Telford 1-0 Kidderminster

7th, 2 poitns to playoff with a game more to play.

AFC Telford 2-0 Oxford
5th!!! 3 points behind runner-ups, but only three points above the 8th and I have a game more to play.

Mansfield 1-2 AFC Telford
Heart-attack game, they scored first, we came back in the game and they crushed a ball to the bar at the last minute, I was glad when it ended.
5th, one point above Cambridge. And the next game is away to cambridge!

Cambridge 1-0 AFC Telford
Three games till the end of the sesaon, I sit sixth with the same points than the fifth but with worse goal average.

Grays 1-2 AFC Telford

Two games to go, I stand sixth but only three points from the leader and the two last games are against fairly easy sides.

Allow me to say that this is very very exciting end of season, to think I could have secured playoffs long ago! argh...

AFC Telford 2-0 Forest Green
One game to go and nothing and nobody is sure about anything or nothing, that's a climax!!!!!!!!

Stevenage 84
York 83
Dag and Red 83 (they've all secured playoffs)
AFC Telford 82
Cambridge 81
Histon 79
Luton 79

that's how things are before the last fixture, feeling the pressure!

Away to Welling. If Welling wins, they save themselves, if I win I could even get the title. Battle of the extremes.

At midtime wwe're sixth, goal average is against us. Even a draw would secure playoffs. 2-1 against, now the last 45 mn of the season.
We manage to draw at the 83rd minute, we're virtually in the play offs.
At midtime I was out, at the 83rd minute I was in.
46 games and everything decided seven minutes before the end of the season!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maybe that's what makes football ''il gioco bonito''
Next chapter, the playoffs and to be honest I really don't know what to expect from my players.
Finished two points behind leader.
Welling 2-2 AFC Telford

THIS WAS CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, if anybody actually bothers to read this I thank them for their time and apologise for my writing, and my inability to transmit suspense.
More seriously, I'll give some tips on absolutly fabulous players and some conclusions I've come to playing LLM (well... since you're all long-time FMers (no offense meant nurse, I saw your age in that thread ;)) I don't know if I can tell you somethign useful.

QUICK OVERLOOK:
After an incredible first leg, in which we were never under the third position even playing what I consider a conservative football, with two destroyers. First leg Proctor, hero striker just went wrong the second leg. My assist machine stopped assisting, the team didn't work. So after some games with a 433 or weird tactics, diamond etc... I came back to by BSN tactic which is almost an all out attack system, even more attacking than the one I use with Madrid, and apparently worked out.
I was to be 21st according to medias, midtable according to bookmakers and I honestly before the three first games aimed to survive, but after that I understood we could aim higher. As a matter of fact, with a little bit of luck I could have finished first. Anyway, I'll play the playoffs after the arsenal game which is a good game.

GO AFC TELFORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A great read so far mate, keep up the good work.

Thanks man I've really enjoyed this BSP but to be honest 46 games could be a bit too much, let's hope I go to L2 after playoffs.

Lets hope so! You've done a great job so far and lets hope you can keep it up :) All I can say is I hope I can gain promotion from League 2 this season!

PLAYOFFS BSP!

AFC Telford 1-0 York
Despite having been dominated all the game, forsdick once more showed that he is crucial.
The anecdote is that all tickets were sold for this game.

York 0-0 AFC Telford

And the final:

AFC Telford 1-3 Dag and Red
Well I get to play in wembley, not bad.

Perhaps getting promoted would have been 1/2 seasons too early for your side anyway. But at least now you have something to go for next season :)