Arising from the shadows, the mightiest AFC Telford!

Nice job mate :) i hope to be challenging up in the lofty heights of L2 and L1 soon, fingers crossed i get promotion this season and then can attract a better class of player and let some of the guys that are really BSS and BSP go. Watching the FA Cup game against Scunthorpe recently highlighted the gap in pace between BSP and L1, my wingers were getting skinned by most of their team.

yeah I really felt a gap here, much more brutal than between BSP and L2, their wingers are too fast, my CBs don't anticipate well enough, my wingers are too slow, I am playing with arrows down to all four defenders, it's the only way I can manage to get a point here and there. My parent team is birmingham who is currently playing the UEFA. I'll post an update later. Try making a lot of money with leaguE friENdlies, then go for the players your assistant say you can't have, they'll come if the offert is high enough. That's how I got my best players.

My advice is i if your still in jan, hassle Birmingham like a spoiled kid for some loan Players, just put offers in for nearly all there reserve players and anyone else who does not get first team football.
Either all or most will get accepted, then pick which are the best players, you need a lot of help from your parent team I believe to move up these divisions as the players they are willing to loan you are good enough to get you up.
Just they dont always offer them, so just put the requests in yourself

Thanks Hig, but I already have the four or five loans permitted for the season, anyway anybody can give me an idea how to make the thread more entertaining? I make highlights of improtant games, such as finals or so and now I add the players that really did well so maybe someone can try them out (I'll enver stress enough to say buy ngo baheng, bought him in BSP and still a very good striker in L1). Or maybe another narration? Please, just tell me what would make you want to read this thread more often. I noticed it lacked sense of humor but thing is nothign really funny happens in FM (well that's what I think).

Excellent thread mate, very readable and im always looking for updates on your progress through the leagues, picking up tips and potential signings, seriously gonna try and sign your striker recommedation this summer and see how he fits into the Braintree set up, im letting some of my original BSS players contracts lapse so that I dont have to pay to release them, i really want Brad Quinton (my assistant manager/player to give up his management role so i can get someone with more experiecne in) his contract runs out soon so might let him go and get a new guy in with more league experience.

keep up the good work :)

Thanks man. I appreciate it. I think I'll put more screenshotzs with tactics and players, see if it can help somebody.

Thanks Hig, but I already have the four or five loans permitted for the season, anyway anybody can give me an idea how to make the thread more entertaining? I make highlights of improtant games, such as finals or so and now I add the players that really did well so maybe someone can try them out (I'll enver stress enough to say buy ngo baheng, bought him in BSP and still a very good striker in L1). Or maybe another narration? Please, just tell me what would make you want to read this thread more often. I noticed it lacked sense of humor but thing is nothign really funny happens in FM (well that's what I think).

It's fine, only really need to include sense of humor about your own frustrations which is funny, and what you are doing.

okay, I'll 'try to make it a bit more funny, for the audience's sake!
Well I wrote this part beofre seeing what you said so here goes another chapter in the tale of the gorgeous adn famous luis aragones management of AFC Telford:

Though last game wrote a new and difficult record to beat with Jordan scoring 4 goals, I asked for a meeting, hoping that morale would go a bit higher and maybe hope for a good run that could leave us breathe.

Grimsby 0-1 AFC Telford
Colchester 2-1 AFC Telford

I refused a job to Aston Villa, and I deeply regret it.

AFC Telford 4-2 Burnley
Huddersfield 2-0 AFC Telford (FA Cup)
Milwall 4-3 AFC Telford
Southend 3-2 AFC Telford
AFC Telford 2-1 Swindon

January is coming to an end and I stand 7 points above the red zone, even after a very bad run in results, but on the other side I think my team is playing far better so I have good expectations for the rest of the season.

The incredible Hulk: Ngo Baheng averaged 7.64 and 6 goals in the last five games. Player of the month in January.

Preston 4-1 AFC Telford
AFC Telford 3-1 Rotherham

We imperatively needed a victory against a team fighting for relegation as well, and we won, four points.

Southampton 1-1 AFC Telford

An unexpected draw against leaders.

AFC Telford 2-1 Barnsley
A victory against title challengers that should put more distance between me and the red zone.

AFC Telford 1-0 Carlisle
Aubert scored the lone goal of the game to keep the good run we're having in the second leg.

Leyton 2-2 AFC Telford
Here I really got a problem, because they play with three MCs and it really desequilibrated the midfield, a late goal and two assists by Aubert brought one point home, salvation looks every fixture closer.

Crystal Palace 3-1 AFC Telford
A fair defeat against a relegation fighting side in a game in which we never seemed to be able to cause a problem

End of february thoughts and overlook:
The good run since we started the second leg has pretty much saved us from relegation, although there is still a dozen games to play I see it very difficult that we don't maintain the division, partly thanks to the points won against the top sides. I play a very conservative football, aimed at counter attack. I stand ten points above Crystal Palace, the first relegated so the last result was actually real bad. The difference between top sides and low sides is very big in this division, but I don't think that the difference is in technical attributes, it is more that what were pacey wingers in L2 are slugs in L1, so I'm focusing on pace for next year signings. Besides that the classical problem of team gelling arises since my team is pretty new, I can't play effectively at a fast tempo, therefore destroying all hopes of a direct attacking football, and they're not good enough technically to maintain a possession, so slow tempo patient approach is out of question, that's why all I can do is throw long balls to wingers and forwards who are pacey and good and hope for them to combinate, and up to now it hasn't work that bad.
I've solved the squad harmony problems and morale is okay, so at least that's not a problem anymore.

AFC Telford 1-3 Stockport
A very bad result against a team fighting for salvation that could cause us a lot of problems from now on.

Thanks for your replies guys, I'll try to make it a more entertaining thread.