Arising from the shadows, the mightiest AFC Telford!

very unlucky, I hate play offs, I'm top of BSP now with a bit of a cushion, although Luton and Cambridge are breathing down my neck, I really hope I win the league no way do I want to endure play offs.

You should be a league winner next season and be in better shape for league 2 challanges

SECOND SEASON IN BSP

Medias prediction are 13th and bookmakers say I am favourite, the team is slightly better than last year due to a couple of signings. I've focused on acceleration and pace and made the pitch as big as possible.
The fridnlies were just there to make money, I've got a wonderful 1.29m in the safe and well below the wages.
So here is the first leg, we'll play all-out attack at a very high tempo, if last year I ended two points behind the leader, I expect us to be leader this one so we don't have to go through playoffs again.
When asked who will win the title, I obvioulsy said AFC Telford, and my players, all of them lowlifes weren't happy about it, I guess they prefer spend all the rest of their (very short if I promote) careers in BSP. Jerks.
I lost the three first games, but my computer went rogue and shut down all by, himself (I swear). Let's see if we can have a good start.

Histon 1-0 AFC Telford
AFC Telford 2-1 Torquay
Forest Green 1-1 AFC Telford
AFC Telford 4-1 AFC Wimbledon
Northwich 1-2 AFC Telford
AFC Telford 2-2 Luton
York 1-1 AFC Telford
Bournemouth 1-1 AFC Telford
AFC Telford 2-1 Kidderminster
AFC Telford 0-0 Droylsden
Oxford 3-0 AFC Telford
AFC Telford 2-1 Wrexham

After this game, I realised that we really lacked enough quality to seriously pretend to promotion, so I decided to make a new tactic, a 451 with two destroyers. Let's see how it goes.

Grays 1-0 AFC Telford
Great.

After this game I understood that we were going nowhere, so in the lurking darkness I elaborated a machiavelic plan, first to prevent conceiding too many goals.

AFC Telford 0-2 Woking
We're entering a phase that I don't like, I have to rethink the tactics, and by the time the squad is used to it well may be too late.

Southport 0-3 AFC Telford
AFC Telford 0-0 Chelmsford
Cambridge 2-1 AFC Telford
Well, I won't win the FA Cup this season.

What a poor season, I don't think we'll even make it to the playoffs and even if we do, the challengers will be too strong for us.

Mansfield 1-2 AFC Telford
AFC Telford 2-1 York (league cup)
Rushden 2-0 AFC Telford

ell, I think this saeson unlessa miracle happens will be a disaster, so I'll just wait for my team to gel well and nothing more, I've bought some more players but nothing that can make a difference. I'm a bit the Man City of BSP, I can offer up to nearly 100k per year, but who would come?
So much tactic tweaking and finally I came to the conclusion that the conservative one was more useful, I'll use it from here to the end of the season.

AFC Telford 2-1 Macclesfield
AFC Telford 1-1 Salisbury
Team Bath 2-3 AFC Telford
Kidderminster 2-1 AFC Telford (league cup)
AFC Telford 2-0 Crawley
AFC Telford 1-1 Ebbsfleet (FA Trophy)

More or less mid season now. If my team plays at its level (last year level) I can expect to be fourth or fifth (yeah, it's that bad). I'm really desperate, I thought we were obviously going to make it fairly easy, so the bookmakers said but we didn't. It is of no use buying new players because those I can relaistically have are poorer than mine, and those for which I can make a huge effort are not actually that good. I've got I think a low table L2 side that is performing like a BSP midtable side.
To be honest I think my skills as a manager are being put to a very serious test here.

try to get west ham as a parent team, they have some immense youngsters and their reserve keeper is pretty good in bsp.

maybe offer your best players a full contract so they train more???

Your doing well nether the less. i woulda give up/smashed up laptop by now

Yeah, but I promess, the spartans fought like in 300, I played a shorter passing style, and the day of the final it was like raining **** on the pitch so pretty much it ended up with two teams banging balls from one side to another, and I only had rest at the lasts econd, what a game!!!! Love them now :)

BSP SECOND ROUND

After having done what a true manager can't do (stop thinking about the facts about your team, take a deep breath) I decided that I'd go for a more control-orientated tactic, I tried once with spain to have a team that would play tiki-taka but the lack of mobility and tactical narrowness (that WASN'T an english word) couldn't allow me to do so, nevertheless I definitly had a huge amount of passes completed, so I decided to go to the luis aragones approach, as long as you have the ball, the opponent cannot score. After, spain played that beautiful because of individual quality, let's see how this approach works in BSP.

The first thing I did was to call a meeting between the players, let's see if the morale goes a little bit higher.

Ebbsfleet 0-2 AFC Telford (FA Trophy rematch)
AFC Telford 4-1 Cambridge
AFC Telford 2-2 Histon
AFC Wimbledon 4-1 AFC Telford

This one hurts bad, overall I think they're accepting this tactic I'll put a higher tempo from now on. I have lots of possession but I need to go faster if I want to break defences.

Torquay 2-3 AFC Telford
Tonbridge 0-1 AFC Telford(FA Trophy)
AFC Telford 4-1 Forest Green
AFC Telford 1-0 Northwich

This victory finally saw us sitting in the fifth position, something that couldn't even dreamt of only ten games ago. It's temporary, since a defeat or a draw can put me back to the eight position, but if I maintain a good rythm I can perefctly aim for the third position, who is only at three points, I think one tactical change was drastic, instead of playing with a defensive-minded midfielder I play now with a DM with adds a lot of security in the defence who
is very poor, even for BSP standarts. Now I can only hope that we have a good run, and at least not loose points against direct challengers for the playoffs, I stand nine from leadership so right now I don't think about it, the next objective is securing a very important playoff position. I don't really care about the FA trophy, but if we're still alive in it the aim is simplistic, win every game left no matter what competition I am.
Victor, former spaniard international with the incredible amount of... one cap lol is my best player, already scored on his debut in league. And having back my best striker whose been out for five months has proved decisive, scoring
a goal every two games. I'm placing more hopes in the squad now.

Luton 2-2 AFC Telford
Victor holds now the record of the fastest goal: 17 seconds, not bad the new signing. Actually is my best record ever I think.

Histon 1-0 AFC Telford
End of the story in FA Trophy

Kidderminster 1-2 AFC Telford
AFC Telford 1-0 Bournemouth
AFC Telford 0-1 York
Wrexham 1-2 AFC Telford

In a game we definitly not deserve even a draw, my players managed to get a win out of nothing, placing me again in playoff positions.

Droylsden 1-0 AFC Telford

Quick look at the table, Luton is on a rampage and nobody will be able to gain leadership. I'm sixth, two points behind seconds and three points above ninth position, with twelve games to play.

AFC Telford 2-0 Oxford
AFC Telford 3-1 Grays
Woking 1-1 AFC Telford
AFC Telford 2-1 Southport

Another call for a meeting, all my players are either angry either unhappy, this time my signings policy has proven to be a disaster, but whose fault it is if the players I had didn't perform well??

Chelmsford 3-3 AFC Telford
Macclesfield 2-0 AFC Telford
AFC Telford 2-2 Mansfield
AFC Telford 4-0 Rushden
Salisbury 1-3 AFC Telford

AFC Telford 4-1 Team Bath
Crawley 0-0 AFC Telford

Playoffs being secured, I left the last game and organised a friendly. My team happiness has damatically improved and so have the performances, another year in playoffs, let's hope this time we make it till the end.

PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!!!!

The game begins perfectly for us, veteran Moore makes a through ball to baheng who bangs it in the back of the net, no matter what we now have an away goal. Nevertheless Torquay's domination is finally translated in an equalizing goal by penalty. Shortly after midtime Baheng scores again thanks to his pace.
Torquay 1-2 AFC Telford

We were on the slopes of the final when baheng scored the first goal. My central defender Llera decided the game. I lowered the tempo and changed my key players so they could rest, meanwhile Mc Dermott scored our third. Baheng
finished them just for fun, a one sided meeting indeed.
AFC Telford 4-0 Torquay

Well, we finally made it to the finals for the second year, and even if we have lots of possession the first half is in favour of Macclesfield and my best player is my keeper.
At the 62nd minute, my ML, who will Die the second after this game is over, commits a penalty. I am playing an all out attack tactic now, and the draw comes from a corner, thanks SI bugs!
End of the 90 minutes, and 1-1 on Wembley's screen.
100th minute, Mr Hancox decides to give us a penalty as well, you know, for fair play and all that.
I'm winning 2-1 and there is twenty minutes left.
Well,
AFC Telford 2-1 Macclesfield

PROMOTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

keys of success:
Squad morale, when low they performed very poorly the difference was drastic.
Having players capable of handling pressure, look for composure.
Have players that can win one on ones, 11 in accel, pace, dribble and flair will be the best winger you'll have.
Putting a DM instead of a MCd, resulted in a lot of possession and recuperations.
Tempo: not too low, not too high, fast enough to break defences but to make sure players don't miss too much easy balls.
Down the flanks, bomb with crosses.
SI bug in corners (24 goals)

Anyway, guys:

I MADE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And since I am crazy I told my board that I was aiming midtable in my first season in L2, lol.

well done try and get lee martin james chester and petrucci off man u onloan they will come 2 u

Congratulations on your promotion. Hope you do well in League 2. I see you found more success with having a deep lying DMC as I was thinking about changing my tactics around and may try this.

Yeah my problem is mainly through balls, so lowering the position of a midfielder has made a great difference, anyway to me it has worked far better with a DM than a McD. But still, it is incredible the amount of goals you conceide at lower level.

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

COCA-COLA LEAGUE 2!

Media prediction: 23rd
Board expectations: midtable
Bookmakers: outsider

After a whole season of friendly leagues, I got about 1.8m in the safe, so far so good. But of course thos dear board members won't give me enough money to hire all the coaches I need. (mother°°°kers). So, here I am in the desolate barren lands (as far as football quality is concerned) of league 2. I'll start playing with two DMs and put all the weight on my wings, it usually works, and ticking counterattack should allow me to at least stay in the league this year. Since only two are relegated I really hope for survival. At this point squad harmony is a disaster, even though I fired like 20 players during the summer (well, that may have affected a tiny little bit). I've got a team that isn't able to stand pressure, but I hope that the veterans with high influence will pull them together in case things go wrong.
So, into the battle!

AFC Telford 1-1 Barnet
AFC Telford 0-2 Huddersfield (carling cup)

In the last game I noticed that actually playing offensive against a clear favourite brought me more chances and the same disaster behind, I just let too much through balls pass. This is due in grand part to the fact that although my strikers are quality, they are slow, do the maths, ever tried a counter-attack with slow players? So pretty much I'll come back to the diamond and let's see
how it goes, reserving another DM to control leads. In the end we will always come to the debate: ''beautiful football or practical football?'':
Menotti, an argentinian coach, said once ''practical football? nobody has won more world cups than brazil''

AFC Telford 0-1 Yeovil
Darlington 2-1 AFC Telford
Dag and Red 0-3 AFC Telford

Just signed the devil, stats are quite poor, but he has 14-15 in pace and acceleration and 12 in finishing, scored two on his debut. Since he is pretty young I hope his stats will improve.
A goal of the month award too, for Mirwood, a left winger.

Brentford 1-2 AFC Telford
AFC Telford 1-0 Hereford

I wonder how we are going to win once they fix the corners bug...?

Luton 2-5 AFC Telford
AFC Telford 1-2 Bristol rovers
Bury 2-1 AFC Telford
SHrewsbury 0-1 AFC Telford (TJP)
Chesterfield 1-2 AFC Telford

AFC Telford 0-1 Rotherham
AFC Telford 2-0 Exeter
Rochdale 2-1 AFC Telford
AFC Telford 1-1 Stevenage
Tranmere 1-2 AFC Telford

Tranmere went into administration and lost ten points so that was a title challenger wiped out from the start, which can only help us if we manage to go to the playoffs.

AFC Telford 2-0 Port Vale (TJP)
Here I am, expectations were to enjoy playing in the TJP, well I do.

Dover 0-2 AFC Telford (FA Cup)
AFC Telford 4-2 Lincoln
Accrington 4-4 AFC Telford (what a game, was losing 2-0 then I scored 4 then they drew)
Chester 2-0 AFC Telford

That was a shame of a loss, we gave up a two goals lead against accrington and lost to a team that hadn't won for years. Well, it is obvious that I'll maintain the division this season, but also that I loose too many important points. I'm satnding 10th, but like 7pts away from leader.
I found an easy way to rotate the players, so I can keep an ersatz of squad harmony, one game the selection is chosen by a coach who has 16 in players evaluation, and the other I do it myself.
By now I've refused to coach so many teams that if telford fires me nobody will want me. I have to say, I started with international footballer reputation, it's a petty cheat but this is my first LLM and anyway it changes nothing to the players you can bring in.

Cheltenham 0-1 AFC Telford
(FA Cup)
AFC Telford 3-2 Port Vale
AFC Telford 3-0 Colchester
AFC Telford 1-0 Carlisle

Hey!!! We made it to the TJP final!

Shrewsbury 1-1 AFC Telford

So far we've played 21 L2 games, we're 180 minutes from the TJP win, still alive in the FA cup. The season goes as expected, I told the board we would be midtable and we're currently standing 9th. I am only 3 points from promotion, but also only three above 13th position, so it's pretty tough right now. We score loads, but conceide too much, maybe because some of my regulars were already regulars in BSN!
Anyway, this looks good, soon the transfer window will allow me to bring some machines here for at least next season.

keep it up, yeah I have that problem too, I still got about 5 -6 regulars who were with in the BSN, they not really L2 quality

You're doing really well. Keep up the good work. I agree that you end up with players not good enough to play at the higher level. However, keep searching and you will eventually find players good enough. I tend to go for young players with potential and play them regularly. I sacrifice slightly in terms of League position but in a couple of seasons they can become your star players capable of playing at a much higher level.

sometimes the players develop though, Snodin has developed enough to be a decent League 2 player, he's now 22 and may be starting to peak. But my players above 24 like Bristow did not change stats wise.
You may have noticed some of your players have started to improve since you made them go full time

I got some beasts, mostly midfield forward, with a new amazing striker coming in in summer, but my defence is a disaster. I actually am one of the top scorers in L2 but I conceide so much that it just ***** up, I tend to find very good strikers more easily thand efence midfielders or defenders. Anyway, last update (don't read it if you don't want to have nighmares)

COCA COLA LEAGUE 2: Second Leg

Okay, now I play a 4132 with a DM or an 4121 in Diamond accordingly to players at my disposition, we aim for at least playoffs and we are being the great surprise of the season, still alive in FA cup and TJP by January.
I stand three points from first promotion position.

AFC Telford 3-1 Kettering
Aldershot 3-0 AFC Telford
AFC Telford 1-2 Dag and Red

Now, I seem to loose against ****** teams mostly, this needs urgent tweaking if I want to start gaining some points.

Norwich 1-0 AFC Telford (FA Cup)
AFC Telford 2-1 Darlington
Yeovil 0-0 AFC Telford
Barnet 1-1 AFC Telford
Hereford 3-2 AFC Telford
Notts Co 0-2 AFC Telford
(TJP)
Hereford 3-2 AFC Telford
AFC Telford 1-1 Brentford

six points out of 15, I think my fate has been decided in this poor run.

AFC Telford 1-1 Luton
Bristol Rovers 3-2 AFC Telford

I won't give in! I can do it! I can reach the playoffs!

AFC Telford 3-1 Chesterfield
AFC Telford 4-0 Notts Co (TJP)
Exeter 1-0 AFC Telford
Rotherham 3-2 AFC Telford

Wesley Ngo Baheng became the all-time top scorer of AFC Telford, reaching 35 goals and beating Moore's record.
He has stress issues (he is always nervous no matter what) but he's never let me down.

Okay, I'm 16th eight points to promotion, about 15-20 points from relegation. I'm goign to give a rest to this game because it's really upsetting me, I've made it to the JOhnstone's Paint, beating L1 teams and I just can't find a rythm
in the league.
I've made 13 points out of 33 in the second leg, this is an absolute disaster.
Yeah, I know I always say that it is a disaster then say ''hey, I've promoted'' but I don't know this time.
Hig, I prefered your megadeath picture man! Whatever happenned to that metal
thread... even I I'm listening to 80's rock-pop... how did things ever come to this?

COCA COLA LEAGUE 2. End of my first season here.

It's quite incredible, I've managed to win against L1 teams 4-0, getting to the final of the Johnstone's Paint, but I never had that winning run that secured playoffs.
I curently stand eight points off playoffs, with twelve games to play, 36 points, that's a lot of points.
This will be the team that will decide our fate this season:
I'm putting the team so you can check, had most of them on a free.

GK- Trevor Carson 23 Very good keeper, 14 in reflex, one on ones, positioning and defence organisation. A must buy.
LB- Ben Mee 22 16 in tacles, around 12-13 in all key attributes, wanted by many teams
CB- Oastler 21 15 tacles, 14 marking, bit slow.
CB- Brayford 24 15 marking, complete buddy can play right too.
RB- Johnson 23 Very versatile player, very good key attributes 15 in tackling and activity
DM- Boateng 36 will play destroyer role, fundamental in my scheme, crazy mental attributes
LM- Mc Dermott 22 quite weak I'd say, but had a good season so far.
RM- Whitaker 31 not the best in the world, but does the job
MC- Marwood 21 very versatile, can win a game by himself and can fail the obvious
ST- Mitchley 22 quite a poor season for this striker but he is the best I can put
ST- Baheng 22 My incredible striker, pretty much evrything depends on him. Incredible stats.

My defense line will be pushing as high as possible, my destroyer will be left a little bit more freedom.
Quick tempo, wide, through the flanks. No stopping now, there's nothing to loose.

AFC Telford 2-2 Bury
A draw in the 84th minute made us loose two points, Mitchley scored two, Carson saved more than one one on one.

AFC Telford 2-0 Rochdale
Against an iron defence we wasted all our possession and chances, until Mitchley scored at the 74th minute and in the end of the game Rochdale commited a penalty. three golden points.

Stevenage 1-2 AFC Telford
Playing against the 24th the result doesn't show the immense superiority they had on the pitch, nontheless deadly Ngo Baheng scored our two goals that keep alive the beacon of hope.

AFC Telford 3-1 Tranmere
We decided the game in ten minutes, but noticed that my replacement DM, who I had told to make through passes mixed which is not the TTF way transformed himself in an authentic playmaker, great game and I'm keepign the tactic, we could have won this game 6-1.

AFC Telford 3-0 chester

Another team fighting for survival, remember the new tweak, the through ball of the DM? he originated the two first goals, I think because that way I have widened his passing opportunities, and instead of a secure ball to keep possession he tries more things, a little loss in possession but two goals and one direct assist. I have also removed the back arrow.

Port Vale 4-2 AFC Telford
terrible defeat, against a challenger for the playoffs as well, a great part of it was my high defensive line who didn't play the offside trap very well, as you can see.

With six games to go, we stand only three from playoffs!!! Everything is possible, but now the maybe most important game in AFC Telford short history: the final of the Johnstone's Paint Trophy.We've got the opportunity to win the first trophy of this great club! (this time I won't play the offside trap).
Swansea is sitting third in L1, nobody gives a chance to my team, the ususal stuff.

Their players quality is definetly above ours but the coache's decision to tackle very hard my players and a authoritarian referee shows two yellow cards in the first ten minutes, and Marwood scores his penalty, we're winning 1-0. In a game kind of weird, Swansea seems to seek to counter, while our domination is clear, a very solid Carson catches the few corners we conceide, while we keep on pushing and finally score ina corner before the 30th minute, low AFC Telford is winning 2-0! By Halftime Swansea has pushed a little bit more, but nothing worryign at the moment.
My palyers give in to pressure and a much more attacking Swansea, they start failign easy passes and we need Carson a couple of times. But Sawnsea's domination fionally pays off, as they score int he 79th minute, now we've got ten minutes to hold to everything we can. Alas, Oastler commits a penalty in the 81st minute, putting the 2-2 in the scorer!
Swansea is on a rampage, and they score their third int he 84th minute.
AFC Telford 2-3 Swansea (TJP)

I must say that I can be proud of the players, who obliged swansea to give everything in order to win, if we play all the games at this level we would be a good L1 side.

Lincoln 6-2 AFC Telford
This is against a team fighting for survival, Baheng had the good idea of agressing a defender and leave us with ten all the game...

AFC Telford 2-0 Accrington

Despite Accrington domination all the game, we banged the two occasions we had.

Colchester 4-2 AFC Telford
We could ahve loose by 7-2 this one, morale is fubar.

AFC Telford 1-1 Shrewsbury

Kettering 1-0 AFC Telford

This game decided mathematically that we were off the playoffs.

Season Overlook:
A great run in TJP, but we couldn't make it to the end, but at least it show that we have enough quality to fight toe to toe L1 sides. My harmony and morale has been a compelte disaster, the result of signing without thinking and
this ahs affected the team a lot. We have scored only three goals les than leaders Hereford, and the signing of a striker coming in summer makes that aspect taken in charge. On the other side we've conceided two more than 22nds
Tranmere, so any signings will be defenders or DMs that are ebtter than the ones in place. Not a bad season, because we just were promoted and because we made it to the TJP final but a frustrating one, with lots of leads given away,lots of games that we should have won and we didn't. I ain't too glad about it. Half of my team is goign to leave, and I'll sign only palyers I think they can make it in L1.
My assistant lost the last game and we finished 13th, nine points from playoffs.
Marwood scored the goal of the year.

Unlucky not to have been promoted. I agree it is hard when you lose games to silly goals, poor performances, too many goals conceded. Stick with it though. By being in the division for another year it means you can strengthen with better players. With my Eastbourne Game, I spent 4 seasons in League 2 after being promoted in my first season. It allowed me to assemble a squad capable of playing in the higher League and when I finally got promoted, I straight away went and got promoted again. If I had been promoted from League 2 in my second season, I would have failed miserably because my team wasn't good enough to cope with a higher League

I was lucky enough to get promoted from League 2 first time of asking, but It shows I have been promoted to quick as i'm in a relegation dogfight in league 1.
I keep getting hammed about 6-0, 4-1.7-3 etc by the better league 1 sides.
Keep your squad pretty much the same to help sqaud harmony, make only a handful of good signings.
well thats what I'd do

thanks for your advice and thanks for reading this! I have no doubt that my defence is far from being ready for L1 although has improved significantly last season, well that's how things are going for me:

COCA COLA LEAGUE 2. Second season

Media prediction: 19th
Board expectations: enjoy coca-cola league 2 (I was on holidays when asked season objectives lol)
Bookmakers: outsider
Me: Promotion
Safe: 1.78m

Philosophy has changed slightly, I've got rid of many players, I try to make squad harmony as good as possible, I will also play an attacking system but this
time I'll lower the defence line in order to try not to conceide as much as last year. Morale will be key in this campaign, as will be good financial skills.
I've only got 28 players in the squad now, hoping maybe others will leave as I intend to play with last year's team besides some new signings, and the team won't change so many players will complain about playing time. I've changed status and nobody is a key player anymore, so I hope this will lower abit ythe players expectations.

Incomings:
Marc Aubert free quality striker from the french first division (a greedy one lol)
Ian AShbee 1k proposed and will play regular or will add weight to the midfield
Derek Geary can play right or left back, regular, very good stats on a free
Scott Garner free CB that will act as back-up
Sean McCashin CB on loan to play back-up, very good stats
Spencer Harris on loan to be my key defender
Tony Murphy on loan, wonderkid from chelsea, excellent back-up 16 accel and 16 pace, and 15 dribble, a little demon here.

Everything is set, I really hope for promotion I intend to play each game like a final.

AFC Telford 1-2 Bury
Blackpool 3-1 AFC Telford (Carling Cup)
Steve Hayward became the youngest player ever having played for AFC Telford with his 18 years.

Colchester 3-1 AFC Telford
AFC Telford 3-1 Walsall
Chesterfield 1-2 AFC Telford

AFC Telford 1-0 Shrewsbury (TJP)
AFC Telford 1-2 Port Vale
Darlington 1-0 AFC Telford
AFC Telford 3-2 Exeter
Stevenage 3-3 AFC Telford
AFC Telford 2-2 Rochdale

AFC Telford 1-0 Crewe (TJP)
AFC Telford 2-1 Kettering
York 2-2 AFC Telford
Dag and Red 0-1 AFC Telford
AFC Telford 1-1 Luton

Lincoln 0-1 AFC Telford
Yeovil 0-3 AFC Telford
AFC Telford 1-2 Rochdale
(TJP)
AFC Telford 2-0 Salisbury (FA Cup)
AFC Telford 0-2 Accrington

This was the end of a ten games undefeated run in league, after an hesitating beginning of season we managed to play at our best level. This was managed through several tactic changes, I decided to give a lot of creative freedom to wingers and strikers, I set the passing to direct at a very fast tempo, I also came back to the 442 without DM to be able to make transitions more easily from defence to attack.

AFC Telford 1-0 Aldershot
Barnet 2-1 AFC Telford
Lewes 0-2 AFC Telford
(FA Cup)
AFC Telford 3-2 Torquay
Grimsby 1-1 AFC Telford

I'm having problems with waterlogged pitch, which means that'll have to play many games in a short time in some point of the season, and I don't think I need a handiap.

AFC Telford 0-0 Brentford
Bury 0-1 AFC Telford
AFC Telford 2-0 Colchester

First Analysis:
This tactics have been great, I think the second leg will be far better than the first one. With one game more to play I'm drawing with the seventh, first for playoffs, I stand only 6 points from promotion. We still conceide too much,
but my all-out philosophy is paying well.
Killer Instinct: Aubert scored 12 and assited 5 in 27 games.
The gentleman: Whitaker already assisted 12 times, besides scoring a goal now and then.
The boss: loaned Harris bosses the defence and scores in corners, key player in my team.
The surprise: fleetwood, who was the fourth striker took advantage of the injuries of other strikers, performing very well

Hereford 4-2 AFC Telford (FA Cup)
At least we won't have any more midweek games, so my players should be more fresh for the league games.

Oldham 1-3 AFC Telford
Walsall 2-6 AFC Telford
AFC Telford 0-0 Chesterfield
Peterborough 1-2 AFC Telford
Port Vale 2-1 AFC Telford
AFC Telford 1-0 Darlington
Exeter 1-2 AFC Telford
AFC Telford 0-0 Stevenage
Kettering 0-1 AFC Telford

As you can see it seems that I've managed to find the good tactic now. My second leg record is: W6 D2 L1. Knowing that I loose to a Port Vale side who is first by a lot of points. Currently satnding third and unless a disaster I should at least secure playoffs, not to mention that in theory I should promote without playoffs.

COCA-COLA LEAGUE 2. End of the season

Having almosts secured playoffs, I'll just try to secure an auto promotion post although with this new form I don't think we should have problems in playoffs, okay, here goes the last results:

AFC Telford 2-0 Dag and Red
A victory against direct challengers for promotion.

I got the coach of the month award

AFC Telford 1-1 York
Rochdale 0-3 AFC Telford
This game made me loose for the rest of the season David Livermore who had been extraorrdinary in midfield.

Luton 1-2 AFC Telford
AFC Telford 3-1 Lincoln
Aldershot 3-2 AFC Telford
Accrington 3-2 AFC Telford

Now, that was an unnecessary loss which now allows the fourth to put pressure on me. On the other side, my team looks like the plague has spread through the showers, with three regulars out for two months. And after another one, so actually my two strikers are dead for the rest of the season.

AFC Telford 3-0 Barnet
AFC Telford 1-0 Yeovil
Torquay 1-3 AFC Telford

This game secured playoffs.

AFC Telford 1-0 Grimsby
Brentford 1-1 AFC Telford

the gentleman Whitaker beated the record of assits in one season, with 15 and two games to go.

AFC Telford 1-1 Peterborough
Baheng scored his 50th goal with AFC Telford.

Thus the tale in L2 came to an end, gaining promotion a little bit too late for my taste, but promotion anyway.
The weary but happy manager congratulated his players, because from now on they had gained the chance to come back to the abyss where they belong, and I will check for players that can maintain me in L1 and fight for the championship in two seasons.
My assistant won the last game, I finish third.

COCA COLA LEAGUE 1.

Board expectations: First Half
Media prediction: 24th
Bookmakers: Outsider
Me: Playoffs
Safe: 3.3m

PART OF LUIS ARAGONES SPEECH BEFORE THE BEGINNING OF THE SEASON:
'' We shall fight in L1, we shall fight in TJP, we shall fight, with great confidence and great strength in Carling Cup, We shall defend our goal no matter what the cost may be, we shall fight in the FA cup, we shall never surrender!''

Here follows the account of the epic tale fought by mighty AFC Telford in anno domini 2013-2014:

AFC Telford 3-0 Southend
AFC Telford 0-2 Cardiff (Carling Cup)
This was a record day, 100k in one game and Fry became the youngest player ever played for AFC Telford being 17 years old.
AFC Telford 3-3 Colchester
Burnley 1-0 AFC Telford
Swindon 4-1 AFC Telford
Rotherham 0-1 AFC Telford

After this beginning, the only certainty is that I'll suffer to maintain the division, with an absolute need to win the games with short odds or where we are favourites, and against the low table sides.
Tactics: We are facing much superior defences and I believe my team needs to gel a little bit more despite what my assistant says, because we don't manage to achieve good possession or chances creation.

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 AM ----------

The challenge is winning the CL in 15 years, so I am not doing bad, spending two seasons per league should do, but I'll need more than two seasons to break the top 4.

Here are the results of the first games, feeling the heat here.

AFC Telford 1-0 Preston
AFC Telford 0-2 Southampton
AFC Telford 2-0 Leyton

Barnsley 6-2 AFC Telford
AFC Telford 2-1 Notts Co (TJP)
AFC Telford 1-1 Crystal Palace
Stockport 3-2 AFC Telford
AFC Telford 3-1 Bradford
Brighton 1-0 AFC Telford
AFC Telford 0-0 Port Vale

AFC Telford 0-1 Grimsby (TJP)
AFC Telford 3-0 Walsall
(FA Cup)

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

Entering November now, and I am only five points above the red zone so we'll see if I can achieve to maintain the division or if it will be a fight against all odds. My bests triker has scored... 4 goals in the whole season so I definitly need to improve creation in the midfield.

AFC Telford 1-0 Wycombe
AFC Telford 1-1 Bristol Rovers
AFC Telford 2-0 Team Bath (FA Cup)
Coventry 5-4 AFC Telford
Cheltenham 1-0 AFC Telford
Carlisle 1-0 AFC Telford
Gillingham 0-0 AFC Telford
AFC Telford 4-4 Doncaster

And so we came to the end of december and pretty much the end of the first leg, with a team that will need to improve dramatically if we want to survive. We lack pace, we lack precision in our passing, we lack determination in defence, we lack killer instinct forward.
We nevertheless stand six points above the red zone.

Killer instinct: Jordan, 14 games, 10 goals and 1 assist
The lightning: Appleby, he sucks but nobody has his speed
The rock: Childs, the loaned GK saved us a couple points that may well be decisive in the end
The gentleman: David Livermore assisted six times, besides trying to keep hold in the midfield
The destroyer: Anthony Buon who is always there to close down, to tackle, to frustrete any movement in midfield.