FA Cup Fourth Round

View attachment 288336A comfortable victory sees us through to the fifth round.

Diaby injured for 4-5 days.

FA Cup fifth round draw sees us tied against QPR or Brighton.

Premier League

View attachment 288335Liverpool are on a roll and it continues against us. Poor defending from us and a stunning performance from Simon Mignolet defeats us.

Wilshere out for 9-11 days with damaged elbow.

Sanchez bruised his shin and will be missing for 5-6 days.

Premier League

View attachment 288334
A solid home victory to pick ourselves up after the disappointment of Liverpool.

January Awards

Player of the Month: 1st Mertesacker, 2nd Rooney, 3rd Sigurdsson
Young Player of the Month: 1st Robertson, 2nd Bellerin, 3rd Oxlade-Chamberlain
Manager of the Month: 1st Van Gaal, 2nd Mourinho, 3rd Rodgers

Maitland-Niles has pulled his hamstring and will be absent for 2-3 weeks.

Potential disaster as Welbeck suffers a lower back stress fracture and will be out for 6-7 weeks.

Premier League

View attachment 288333What do I say?

Ramsey out for 5-6 days.

Premier League

View attachment 288332Again follow a difficult away match with a comfortable home victory.

Monreal out for 7-10 days with a strained wrist.

FA Cup Fifth Round

View attachment 288331Patience won this match, we didn't force it as we knew the result would come.

FA Cup sixth round draw sees us tied away to West Brom.

Premier League

View attachment 288330Two late Palace goals made this look like much more of a contest than it actually was.

Champions League

View attachment 288329Wow this game was amazing, a proper one for the neutrals. We finish 0-0 and have to do something away which is not the worst position to be in. Coquelin and Flamini were both sent off, Gibbs, Ramsey, Mertesacker and Coquelin all were injured to some scale during the match.

Gibbs out for 2-3 weeks with a pulled hamstring.

Ramsey out for 3 weeks with a twisted ankle.

Mertesacker out for 4-5 days with a facial injury.

Premier League

View attachment 288328Good performance from us, an awful performance from Swansea.

February Awards

Player of the Month: 1st Giroud, 2nd Aguero, 3rd Cresswell
Young Player of the Month: 1st Januzaj, 2nd Perez, 3rd Bellerin
Manager of the Month: 1st Rodgers, 2nd Mourinho, 3rd Me

Watford win the Capital One Cup.

Premier League

View attachment 287616Two relatively late goals give us a nice away win, although these matches should be easier than this.

Diaby out for 4-5 days with a bruised thigh.

FA Cup Quarter Final

View attachment 287615A second consecutive 4-1 away defeat at the hands of West Brom see us crash out of the FA cup which was more than winnable for us this season. We get to focus on the Champions League and the Premiership now.

Next four matches are: Man United at home, Bayern and Tottenham away followed by Chelsea at home, noth the fixture list you want to see after a poor and embarrassing away defeat.

Premier League

View attachment 287613After you lose away to West Brom this is exactly the sort of performance you want to see. We were fantastic.

Giroud suffers a dead leg and will be out for 2-3 days.

Kieran Gibbs will be out for 3 weeks with achilles tendonitis.

Giroud and Welbeck will both be missing for the Bayern 2nd leg.

Champions League

View attachment 287612An absolutely fantastic away performance sees us through to the quarter finals.

Monreal out for 3 weeks with a twisted ankle.

Champions League quarter final draw sees us play Shakhtar away from home in the first leg. The other ties see City play Dortmund, Chelsea play Liverpool and Barca play Real Madrid. I got the nice tie.

West Brom sack Tony Pulis.

Sunderland part company with Kenny Jackett.

Premier League

View attachment 287611Two points dropped, but in the middle of these tricky fixtures away to our derby rivals we should consider this a point gained.

Rosicky out for 4-5 days with bruised ribs.

Theo will be missing for 2-3 weeks after being injured on international duty.

Diaby injured and will miss 12 days to 2 weeks.

Oxlade-Chamberlain out for 5-6 days.

March awards

Player of the Month: 1st Balotelli, 2nd Arfield, 3rd Ozil
Young Player of the Month: 1st Zouma, 2nd Wilson, 3rd Berahino
Manager of the Month: 1st Mourinho, 2nd Rodgers, 3rd Me

West Brom appoint Holloway as manager.

Gary Bowyer takes charge of Sunderland.

Ramsey out for 3 weeks.

Premier League

View attachment 287610I actually beat Mourinho at the mind games and have done the double over a good Chelsea team this season. My three top scorers getting all the goals for us.

This win moves us joint on points with Chelsea at the top of the league, we have scored almost 20 more goals but they have a better goal difference by 6.

Calum Chambers out for 5-6 days.

Premier League

View attachment 287609After 30 minutes this match was ours and we were looking good for reducing the goal difference, but two goals for Everton and we were desperately clinging on for the last 20 minutes. But performances like this win seasons.

Welbeck out for 5-6 days.

Champions League

View attachment 287608We underestimated Shakhtar and had to fight hard to get a decent away draw including an away goal.

Giroud out for between 12 days and 2 weeks.

Flamini out with a bruised rib for 4-5 days.

Champions League

View attachment 287607No matter the opposition, 5-0 at the quarter final stage is a good result. Oxlade-Chamberlain with a hat trick was the notable performer.

Champions League semi final draw sees us play Man City, with the first leg being played at the Emirates.

Premier League

View attachment 287606We were simply unplayable, we showed Sunderland how to play football.

April awards

Player of the Month: 1st Benteke, 2nd Sigurdsson, 3rd N'Doye
Young Player of the Month: 1st Perez, 2nd Berahino, 3rd Gaya
Manager of the Month: 1st Me, 2nd Bruce, 3rd Pochettino

Okay, okay, I will follow this. You've convinced me. Just because of the win VS Bayern. COYG!

Premier League

View attachment 287219Fortunately Chelsea drop points as well but Man United are now in the battle for the title.

Sunderland are relegated from the Premier League.

Champions League

View attachment 287218I had decided I was happy with semi-final, but now we may go all the way. 4-1 against City sets up an interesting second leg.

Gibbs out for 4-5 days.

Premier League

View attachment 287217It certainly is squeaky *** time, we were rampant but could only manage 1 goal as we scrape a win against relegation candidates Leicester.

Champions League

View attachment 287215Edin Dzeko knocked the stuffing out of us but it was that man Aguero who got the decisive goal. A major bugbear is that our penalty was conceded by Zabaleta when Sanchez was through on goal, not only did Sanchez have to go off, but the card shown to Zabaleta was inexplicably yellow and not red and at 2-1 if they had been reduced to ten men we should have had enough to reach the final. But que sera sera.

Premier League

View attachment 287212A late Cazorla penalty gains us the three points and leaves the title within our reach, we need a victory in the last match and the title is ours. two points clear of Chelsea yet they have a superior goal difference.

Gnabry out for 4-5 days.

Premier League

View attachment 287211A late, yet rather brilliant Hull goal made for a nervy last minute, but we were fantastic and won the league without buying (or loaning) one player.

View attachment 287210

Season records:

Top goalscorer: Danny Welbeck - 32

Top League Goalscorer: Danny Welbeck - 27

Most Assists - Mesut Ozil - 16

Highest Average Rating: Mesut Ozil - 7.75 (37 appearances)

Most Man of the Match: Danny Welbeck - 10

Youngest Player: Krystian Bielik - 16 years 218 days

Youngest Goalscorer: Chupa Akpom - 18 years 305 days

Stoke and Leicester relegated.

Stoke sack Mark Hughes.

Danny Welbeck wins English Footballer of the Year.

Juan Mata wins Players player of the year.

Aguero gets top league goalscorer, with Welbeck coming in second and Balotelli in third place.

Hazard gets the Young player of the Year.

Cech wins the golden glove award, with De Gea in second and Fabianski in third.

I am awarded with the manager of the season.

Mertesacker and Welbeck are included in the team of the year.

Everton sack Roberto Martinez.

Players automatically transfer listed for failure to reach ten appearances for the club this season: Zelalem, Rosicky Martinez and Ospina.

Rosicky signs for Brondby IF for a fee of £1.5M.

So the rules I set myself mean I now have one space to fill in the squad and £1.5M in the bank to spend.

Derby win the FA Cup.

May awards

Player of the Month: 1st Hazard, 2nd Balotelli, 3rd Sigurdsson
Young Player of the Month: 1st Berahino, 2nd Grealish, 3rd Robertson
Manager of the Month: 1st Jol, 2nd Monk, 3rd Mourinho

View attachment 284763
Debuchy signs for West Ham for £7M.

Allowed transfers - 2players from a pot of £8.5M.

Everton appoint Arsene Wenger as manager and Stoke appoint Stuart Grey.

Barcelona win the Champions League.

Manchester City, as I expect they will do this season, part company with Manuel Pellegrini.

The board agree with my request to attend a training course to improve my coaching abilities.

We sign Lucas Digne from PSG for a fee of £3.9M, not English or homegrown, but a young player for a very reasonable fee.

Jesse Lingard, transfer listed by Manchester United joins for the low sum of £3M, he may not be going to oust the regular first teamers when we have a fully fit squad but he will provide more than adequate back up.

£2M left in the bank but no spaces at the moment.

Roberto Mancini returns to take the helm at the Etihad.

Monreal and Flamini leave, the former joining Burnley for £6.5M and the latter joining QPR for £3.3M. Diaby and Martinez both decide to leave the club after their contracts expire, there are now four places to fill and now £11.8M to spend.

Alexis Sanchez wins the fans player of the year.

Dan Crowley is promoted to the senior squad, Tom Cleverley is picked up on a free after being released by Man United, even if he does nothing we can make a few million off him at the end of the season and we sign Lewis Cook from Leeds for £10M.

I like this idea and well done on winning the league.

Cheers, I have another arsenal story that is on hold at the moment, but after spending millions and having a fantastic squad on that one I couldn't win the league at all (every other trophy but not the league) So quite impressed myself to win the league without strengthening.

Pre-season friendlies

Arsenal 8 Arsenal Under 21s 2 Welbeck (5), Ramsey, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Cazorla

Arsenal 4 Austria Wien 0 Sanchez, Walcott, Lingard, Ozil

Arsenal 5 Arsenal Under 18s 1 Sanchez, Welbeck, Gabriel Paulista, Giroud, Cazorla

New England 3 Arsenal 1 Walcott

FC Dallas 0 Arsenal 4 Walcott (3), Welbeck

Arsenal 4 Celtic 0 Welbeck, Sanchez (2), Mertesacker

Not a bad pre-season in all, 1 defeat and 5 wins, 26 goals for and only 6 against.

Zelalem is sold to Inter Milan for a very unsubstantial £1.6M

Carl Jenkinson is moved to the senior squad.

Vallejo signs for Arsenal for £1.3M. My squad is now full and I am genuinely quite happy to have brought in some youth and replaced some players who were surplus to requirements. We have £2.1M to take forward for future transfer windows.

The squad is registered for the season with 15 of the 25 players classed as homegrown.

Community Shield

View attachment 283055Well what is there to say we do all that is necessary and start the season with some silverware and Danny starts as he ended last season, hitting the back of the net.

Sanchez out for 2-3 weeks with a pulled hamstring.

Premier League

View attachment 282842Jesse Lingard scores his first goal for the club as we open with a 2-0 victory.

Vallejo out for 5-6 weeks with a fractured wrist.

Ozil injured for 3-4 weeks with back strain.

Premier League

View attachment 282841A solid and convincing performance see us run out winners with another scoreline of 2-0. We finish the match with only 9 men on the pitch following Giroud and Walcott taking knocks to take them out of the match.

Giroud out for 7-10 days with a gashed leg.

Capital One Cup third round draw sees us drawn at home against Swansea.

The Champions League group stage sees us facing Valencia, Olympiakos and Ludogorets.

Premier League

View attachment 282838
Two early goals help us to another 2-0 victory, a proper good start to the season but they were all should win matches.

August Awards

Player of the Month 1st Kane, 2nd Eriksen, 3rd Hazard
Young Player of the Month 1st Sterling, 2nd Zouma, 3rd Bentaleb
Manager of the Month 1st Pochettino, 2nd Mancini, 3rd Me

We receive a further £425K from the Zelalem transfer, moving our pot up to £2.5M.

Wilshere injured on International duty and will be out for 2-3 weeks.

Cleverley is unhappy about the lack of first team football.

PREMIER LEAGUE

View attachment 282453A late equaliser rescues a point as we concede our first goal of the season. On paper a disappointing result but following West Brom beating us 4-1 twice last season it is a step in the right direction.

Mertesacker injured for 9-11 days.

Gnabry is unhappy with the lack of first team football.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

View attachment 282452Two late goals see us fall to our first defeat of the season. We look again like we may make the group stage difficult for ourselves.

PREMIER LEAGUE

View attachment 282451Three matches without a win now, but we remain undefeated at this early stage in the league.

CAPITAL ONE CUP

View attachment 282450We are through to the fourth round of the cup following a more than comfortable victory against the Swans.

The Capital One Cup fourth round draw sees us tied at home to Liverpool.

PREMIER LEAGUE

View attachment 282449A change of formation and continued rotation see us scrape a victory against QPR in a match which was far more on-sided than the scoreline suggests.

Coquelin unhappy with lack of first team football.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

View attachment 282155A solid win gets us back on track in the Champions League against the mighty Ludogorets. Coquelin fighting hard for a starting place with a goal.

Ospina withdrawn from the transfer list. He will be returned if he does not make 10 appearances but playing well so far.

September awards

Player of the Month: 1st Fabregas, 2nd Sissoko, 3rd Zouma
Young Player of the Month: 1st Zouma, 2nd Sterling, 3rd Kavanagh
Manager of the Month: 1st Mourinho, 2nd Monk, 3rd Mancini

PREMIER LEAGUE

View attachment 282153Home matches galore at the moment along with an awful lot of clean sheets. Lingard adds another goal to his CV and Ozil converts a penalty for the fourth of the match.

Giroud unhappy with the lack of first team football.

Vallejo injured on international duty and will miss between 12 days and 2 weeks.

Gibbs injured on international duty and will be out for 4 weeks with a hernia.

Lingard injured in training and will miss 4-5 weeks with a sprained ankle.

Welbeck injured on international duty and will miss 4-5 days.

Cazorla will miss 2-3 weeks after picking up a strain in his groin in training.

Welbeck injured for 4-5 weeks with damaged knee cartilage as soon as he returns to full training.

PREMIER LEAGUE

View attachment 282145Like Coquelin, Giroud believes the best way to keep a place in the team is through goals, Welbeck's absence will mean he features more over the coming weeks. A second 4-0 scoreline in a row and we don't miss the many injured players we have at the moment.

Ozil out for 3-4 weeks with a back strain.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

View attachment 282144We move top of the group with our second win of the campaign. Our defensive players showing the forwards how to do it.

PREMIER LEAGUE

View attachment 282141Our first defeat in over 10 league matches comes in (surprise surprise) an away match. Everton came from behind and dominated.

CAPITAL ONE CUP FOURTH ROUND

View attachment 282140WOOOOOOOO!!!!! Through to the quarters with an emphatic victory. Daniel Sturridge getting a hat trick, his third being our fourth.

Chambers out for 2-3 weeks.

Capital One Cup Quarter Final draw sees us play West Brom at home. Unfortunately in this save West Brom are our bogey team, even dumping us out of the FA Cup last season.

PREMIER LEAGUE

View attachment 282137A good away win at Swansea again. Another clean sheet and Gnabry scoring in consecutive matches.

October Awards

Player of the Month: 1st Kane, 2nd Adam Johnson, 3rd Costa
Young Player of the Month: 1st Christensen, 2nd Sterling, 3rd Stones
Manager of the Month: Pochettino, 2nd Mourinho, 3rd Holloway