Arsenal - Liverpool 20/08/11 12:45

Arsenal 1-2 Liverpool: Van Persie, Suarez and Downing to score

Arsenal 2-1 Liverpool

Miyaichi to grab a goal and RVP the other.

Liverpool wise, they wont play Aquilani so I have no respect for them. Suarez will probably score if not a Jenkinson own goal. The Jenkinson own goal would probably be the highlight of the game knowing his track record in amazing own goals...

Arsenal 2-1 Liverpool

Miyaichi to grab a goal and RVP the other.

Liverpool wise, they wont play Aquilani so I have no respect for them. Suarez will probably score if not a Jenkinson own goal. The Jenkinson own goal would probably be the highlight of the game knowing his track record in amazing own goals...

Liverpool's best player last game was Adam and Lucas was crucial last season and is crucial for midfield balance. Aquilani however hasn't performed (for Liverpool) apart from the friendly against Vålerenga. This is a very important match for them and they can't be taking chances.

He hasn't been given a chance to perform though?

I can't remember the last PL game he played...

He tore Spain apart in a friendly for Italy a few days before the SAFC game and gets overlooked, I can't see him having any future at Liverpool. I hope someone finds the cash to sign him, vs SAFC I think he got overlooked by just about everyone and didn't even get a chance to come off the bench.

Arsene is reportedly giving a start to Miyaichi so he's not afraid to take a chance. Wish Liverpool would wake up and see what a talented player Alberto is...

Hoping for a draw. Two potential competitors for that 4th place, if City do as well as expected.

That said, I do think Liverpool will win this one. Arsenal 1 - 2 Liverpool, quite possibly.

He tore Spain apart in a friendly for Italy a few days before the SAFC game and gets overlooked, I can't see him having any future at Liverpool. I hope someone finds the cash to sign him, vs SAFC I think he got overlooked by just about everyone and didn't even get a chance to come off the bench.

Arsene is reportedly giving a start to Miyaichi so he's not afraid to take a chance. Wish Liverpool would wake up and see what a talented player Alberto is...

You love Aquilani way too much. If we got 16 million I'd snap their hands off.

i use to like Aquillani will Rafa was in charge. but he is very injury prone and barely saw him play.

well i predict thy Gunners geting on to off them with a 1-0 or 2-0 win.
dont concede goals, and no nonsense in thy Back 4. :)
and possibly Ryo or AOC debuting this time.

hopefully Roman and Gourlay do something sensible for once and pay 15m to get him, I would feel much better knowing he was in our team

Anyways on the Game: Liverpool had a very good first-half against Sunderland but tailed off in the second half possibly because this was thei first competitive match in a long time, think it will be a much better performance by them and they also had the luxury of a week's break while Arsenal had to divert focus to the Udinese Game

Still holding onto my inital prediction

Arsenal to sneak a win but Liverpool to deserve one.

Suarez will be excellent I think, will cause Frimpong all sorts of problems when he starts dropping deep to receive the ball. Adam's set pieces could be key, but I think Arsenal will somehow get a win.

Don't think RVP will score, gonna go with either Vermaelen or Arshavin to score the winner mid-way through the second half.

Arsenal 2-1 Liverpool

RVP to score 2 and Suarez 1

I'd start Aquilani over Adam today if I'm being honest. Would cause their midfield more problem with his movement, and he can still sit deep. Sadly, I fear Kenny will always choose Adam pretty much because of his nationality and how long he persued him for. Annoys me because Aquilani is clearly a great player.

I'd start Aquilani over Adam today if I'm being honest. Would cause their midfield more problem with his movement, and he can still sit deep. Sadly, I fear Kenny will always choose Adam pretty much because of his nationality and how long he persued him for. Annoys me because Aquilani is clearly a great player.

Personally, I'd play Aquilani over Henderson. Henderson was poor last week.

Personally, I'd play Aquilani over Henderson. Henderson was poor last week.

would be harsh to drop him after one game tbh but in terms of ability Aquilani>Henderson.... tbh I think Daglish should just tell Aquilani that he should find a new club if he is not in his plans, hate to see a good player like him being marginalized like that

would be harsh to drop him after one game tbh but in terms of ability Aquilani>Henderson.... tbh I think Daglish should just tell Aquilani that he should find a new club if he is not in his plans, hate to see a good player like him being marginalized like that

He's said many times he's in his plans. He's just not first choice. Rotation is a massive part of football, hence why United have plenty of options in every position. As do Chelsea, Arsenal, City and Spurs.

He's said many times he's in his plans. He's just not first choice. Rotation is a massive part of football, hence why United have plenty of options in every position. As do Chelsea, Arsenal, City and Spurs.

no one is saying rotation is a bad thing... but someone like Aquilani deserves to start ahead of other players in the Pool squad and of course Daglish wont come out and say that Aquilani is not in his plans but it is well-known that there were rumours of Aquilanis agent looking for a move for his client this summer (possibly because of a lack of first-team opportunities?), some talk of a transfer to Juventus or Fiorentina and if you read an article posted by BBC some time back, Daglish was saying Aquilani may be in his plans next season which shows that Aquilanis position in the club was defo under review

Its just stupid to put a player on the bench after he gives a top drawer performance for his country in mid-week against the World Champions but meh... maybe Daglish was using a different tactic who knows... but lets face it, Aquilani has not been given much chance to prove himself at all

Arsenal: Szczesny - Sagna, Vermaelen, Koscielny, Jenkinson - Frimpong, Ramsey - Nasri, Arshavin, Walcott - Van Persie

Strong team.

Aquilani's not even on the bench, LFC are a disgrace. Come home Alberto, LFC are bang out of order with him... AGAIN. He tore Spain apart last week and doesn't even get subbed on vs SAFC at home? Shameful treatment.

Suarez on the bench oO)

Not sure on Liverpool's full team though.

Back