Arsenal looking into Possibility of emergency loan Goalie

• Thread starter Thread starter Calum
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 90
  • Views Views 7K
Im sure they are qualified enough to warm the bench for Almunia, everybody has to start somewhere.

Of course they have to start somewhere. McDermott certainly isn't qualified enough - I don't think he's even played for the Reserves yet. James Shea actually lives around the corner from me (I don't know him, but still..) and isn't even necessarily 1st Reserve choice.

He's good enough for his age, but in a title race, I don't think we can rely on someone who's never played for the club and it's better to get a loan in now then to wait 'till (obviously if) Almunia gets injured.

In all seriousness I think Ruud Boffin would be a good choice. His name describes what Wenger thinks of himself.

Fail.

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 PM ----------

Maybe arsenal should loan/buy Igor Akinfeev from CSKA?, should be a great deal because he's still young and have got plenty of experiences.

It's not Football Manager..

We're not going to get Igor Akinfeev now, or in the Summer. He's first choice, and he'd be expensive, and we don't need him in the long term. (H)

Either Mignolet or Gordon, whoever's not gonna play, should be decent choices.

Hold on..

Where in that quote does it say he's looking for an emergency loan? :$

Luis Suarez he has great reflexes would be a good addition to the squad but our lack of a quality second choice keeper may halt this deal

Seriously these terrible jokes and recommendations of 1st choice keepers need to stop

Where does he say it though? He just says Szczesny is injured and thehave to check him. Nothing about an emergency loan.

Are you serious lol

the manager says he is looking into the possibility of an emergency loan. But conceded he is yet to contact the Premier League.

honestly.. its not gona be a premier league keeper..people here saying gordon from sunderland, like any club would let their first or second choice keeper go to help out a rival.

its either gona be a third string keeper or a championship goalkeeper.. westwood from coventry perhaps, i hear hes falling out with the management or heaton from cardiff (they owe them one after the ramsey deal)

You'd think that Arsenal would have a recall clause in Mannone loan to Hull?

I'm sure he will be recalled if things get desperate.

Are you serious lol

the manager says he is looking into the possibility of an emergency loan. But conceded he is yet to contact the Premier League.

Where is the quote? They've said it, but where they've quoted him actually talking he doesn't mention it.

You know, in between the speech marks. Where they've quoted Arsene Wenger.

No team should be allowed emergency players you have transfer windows and that's when players get signed!!

You have your squad including reserves and U18s and with a pool Arsenals size they should have to play the young boys or sell them if there is no confidence there.​

what bout that james shea kid they have had on the bench this season, is he any good?

He wont get the emergency loan keeper from the prem, simply for the reason Gazalaad said!

They won't be getting anyone like Cudicini, as he plays for Spurs, not Robinson obviously, not Mignolet or Gordon as they seem to rotate as Gordan is always injured, won't get a GK from Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool, City, Spurs, Everton.

Who would they get then? Chris Kirkland's gone out on loan somewhere hasn't he? The closest thing I came to was Dave Stockdale, then immediatley I thought, never gonna happen.

Luis Suarez he has great reflexes would be a good addition to the squad but our lack of a quality second choice keeper may halt this deal

Why is this such a spam thread? It's really annoying!

Seriously these terrible jokes and recommendations of 1st choice keepers need to stop

This!

You'd think that Arsenal would have a recall clause in Mannone loan to Hull?

I'm sure he will be recalled if things get desperate.

He had a recurrence of his thigh injury (hence why Guzan was taken back on loan from AVFC).

No team should be allowed emergency players you have transfer windows and that's when players get signed!!

You have your squad including reserves and U18s and with a pool Arsenals size they should have to play the young boys or sell them if there is no confidence there.​

Nice. Just sell a bunch of 18 year olds if we can't just throw them into a fast-paced league packed with quality players at the most important time in a title race. Makes sense 8-|

what bout that james shea kid they have had on the bench this season, is he any good?

Not bad. Still v young, he was at Southampton on loan, but has been recalled so hasn't played outside of the reserves. He's 18.

He wont get the emergency loan keeper from the prem, simply for the reason Gazalaad said!

He said we shouldn't be allowed to - except that we are, so if possible, we will.

Back