Arsenal still contenders - Wenger

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 65
  • Views Views 4K
Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll see fella's, see you in some other thread on 3 October (I will have had too many pints on 2 October to post anything constructive, that’s win or lose!) but I think that you guys should be more worried about playing us than at ANY other time in the history of the Premier League.

I can see it now, Adebayor winner in 90th minute up the Paxton End, runs 100 yards down the Park Lane to slide on his knees in front of your crest fallen fans, POETRY!

Its not optimism, just realism, our first team is stronger in the areas that matter, than yours. Parker, Modric and Sandro in the midfield (that’s not even counting VDV!!!!) Plus we’ve come back from 2-0 and 3-1 against you last season, so even if you have the lead, we’ll still have faith. Wenger doesn’t instill that confidence in your team anymore. He has been a great manager for you and produced sides capable of playing the best football I’ve seen in the Premier League, but he has kind of lost his way recently and 90% ish of you know it.

We'll see Goonies, but at the moment, and yes for once, before you say it I’ve heard it all before, blah blah blah, I know we have the measure of you!

Do any of you think you will win? Or would you be happy with a draw? Because for me, I would not be happy with the draw, THFC should be looking at the win!

Sarcasm from a Gooner Vlad, never knew you lot had it in you! :P

I'm glad to see the tension and passion is still there between the 2 sets of fans, just typing this is making the hairs on the back of my neck stand up in excitement and anticipation! I can see myself in the ground and feel the power and angst generated by both sets of fans, and it's still well over a week away! COME ON YOU SPURS! Can't wait!

I would say i am nervous and the way our season has gone i would take a point tbh. Would love if we win though as we are due a PL win against you as the last time we beat you in the league was OCTOBER 2009, omen? ;)

We'll see fella's, see you in some other thread on 3 October (I will have had too many pints on 2 October to post anything constructive, that’s win or lose!) but I think that you guys should be more worried about playing us than at ANY other time in the history of the Premier League.

I can see it now, Adebayor winner in 90th minute up the Paxton End, runs 100 yards down the Park Lane to slide on his knees in front of your crest fallen fans, POETRY!

Its not optimism, just realism, our first team is stronger in the areas that matter, than yours. Parker, Modric and Sandro in the midfield (that’s not even counting VDV!!!!) Plus we’ve come back from 2-0 and 3-1 against you last season, so even if you have the lead, we’ll still have faith. Wenger doesn’t instill that confidence in your team anymore. He has been a great manager for you and produced sides capable of playing the best football I’ve seen in the Premier League, but he has kind of lost his way recently and 90% ish of you know it.

We'll see Goonies, but at the moment, and yes for once, before you say it I’ve heard it all before, blah blah blah, I know we have the measure of you!

Do any of you think you will win? Or would you be happy with a draw? Because for me, I would not be happy with the draw, THFC should be looking at the win!

Sarcasm from a Gooner Vlad, never knew you lot had it in you! :P

I'm glad to see the tension and passion is still there between the 2 sets of fans, just typing this is making the hairs on the back of my neck stand up in excitement and anticipation! I can see myself in the ground and feel the power and angst generated by both sets of fans, and it's still well over a week away! COME ON YOU SPURS! Can't wait!

more like a Naive realism. either u can never see the real picture, or u take critical thinking like a stupidity

second part in underlined. f*ck u :P
i dont really hate 'arry like sh*t, but it better if be gone for replace cappeloo in the english post.
said that, hope spurs relegate, and modric movess to chelsea, and bale goes somewhere (arsenal :P )

tbh, it been a rough season,a nd it too early too tell tooo. in that case i wouldnt say our season hangs on that fixture, which sounds lame. we even to also play again chelsea , man city, too later on.

to early to tell. .....

Last edited:
really? Bale is just like Walcott imo can run fast and finish

lol i was kiding there hehe .

but bale can cross, unlike walcott. imo bale and AOC are same.
walcott is more of a striker, like the one that stays in t eh shoulder of the defense. his pace helps him lots

Its not optimism, just realism, our first team is stronger in the areas that matter, than yours.
Szczesny > Friedel
Defences are about the same, both have their good days and bad days.
Midfields are fairly similar, Spurs might just have the edge.
van Persie > Any of your strikers.

Szczesny > Friedel
Defences are about the same, both have their good days and bad days.
Midfields are fairly similar, Spurs might just have the edge.
van Persie > Any of your strikers.

But Spurs squad depth >>>>>>> Arsenal's.

Theoretically, Yes. For real, no. Newcastle will win BPL this year. Obertan will be best scorer with 72 goals in 29 matches...

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

over generalization.
You are right.
Spurs squad depth >>>>>> Arsenal's.

over generalization.

How... what? How can I be generalising squad depth? Squad depth is a general thing.

---------- Post added at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

Maybe so.

But he said their first team was better in all areas ;)

Drat, someone noticed! I wanted to see how much hypocrisy I could get past the radar. ;)

ahead of ManU and City, nope!

it still the same from last year, just that adeboyr is in for Crouch[less]

Hey its Captain Obvious! ;)

they also added Parker and Freidal.

Last edited:
Doubt it highly, but it could happen, still only early. Not as strong as last season, but still one of the better sides.

Maybe so.

But he said their first team was better in all areas ;)

Never said in ALL areas, I said in areas that matter, Centre Mid and Defence.

Out of your first team I'd have your keeper, even though he's a tw@t, Vermalen, Wilshire and RVP. Possibly Walcott over Lennon, but you're splitting hairs. Arteta and Benayoun are both poor mans versions of the players that left and not as good as Parker or Modric.King is a monster, if his knees were decent, he would NO WAY be a Spurs player right now, but they're ****** so every now and then he plays for us, our gain!

Sandro is not far off being your Viera and there are VERY few players who fit that mould nowadays, he'll honestly be the player Spurs will build their next team around!

Calum, you speak a lot of sense, Lol_101, you're deluded.

I look forward to taking these discussion further next week in a hopefully dedicated NLD thread.

Peace goonies!

Never said in ALL areas, I said in areas that matter, Centre Mid and Defence.

Out of your first team I'd have your keeper, even though he's a tw@t, Vermalen, Wilshire and RVP. Possibly Walcott over Lennon, but you're splitting hairs. Arteta and Benayoun are both poor mans versions of the players that left and not as good as Parker or Modric.King is a monster, if his knees were decent, he would NO WAY be a Spurs player right now, but they're ****** so every now and then he plays for us, our gain!

Sandro is not far off being your Viera and there are VERY few players who fit that mould nowadays, he'll honestly be the player Spurs will build their next team around!

Calum, you speak a lot of sense, Lol_101, you're deluded.

I look forward to taking these discussion further next week in a hopefully dedicated NLD thread.

Peace goonies!

Oh dear...

Ive Lost Confidence. :(

if spurs beat us like 5-0, then i'll Look for other options. or ill stop following football for a while. sigh.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back