Fulham (A)
Wigan (H)
Burnley (A)
Birmingham (H)
Man Utd (H)
Arsenal (A)
Aston Villa (H)
West Ham (A)

City definitely have the trickier fixtures remaining, they have to play the 'Big Four' plus Villa and Spurs. So fourth spot is still their for Liverpool lose in my opinion.

Aha, i did not know they had just a hard end to the season. Hmm, maybe it is still on for us then. :)

I watched it on a big screen during our darts match. First half was pretty drab. Second half much more enjoyable. With the amount of decisions and debate over diving recently Bendtner was never going to get away with it. Then again Gerrard dived right at the end to try to win the the free kick (just before someone got pushed by someone - can't remember).

I don't know why everybody was hyped up over the fact that Bendtner was back for the game - every Arsenal fan knows that Bendtner is no ****** good. Don't like him, never will.

Good result though, did well to keep the lead (Almunia brilliant save vs. Babel, Gallas brilliant tackle vs. Ngog)

I have to agree with Lee... 4th spot is definitely there for Liverpool to lose now, and they are firmly in the driving seat even with City's game in hand. Just look at the fixture lists that he posted... 'pool's games are so much easier overall.

If Spurs aren't going to get 4th, then I'd prefer Liverpool or Villa to manage it rather than City anyway.

i think. 4th spot is citys to lose now.

liverpool wil struggle at city. away to utd. away to birmingham. and chelsea could be still fighting the title at tht moment. so they woiuld be gunning for the victory.

also the releagation teams away will be scrapping for there lives. remeber last season liverpool dropped points to lower end of the tables team.

I really liked how we played and I am glad we won. I think we still have some chances to win the title. 6 points can be eazy dropped by both Chelsea or Man Utd.

We Liverpool fans just have the take the positives of this game onto the next. Yes we played pretty poor in the first half and if Arsenal played at their best they could of gotten 3 goals alone in that first half. Lots of times we gave the ball out i was nearly falling asleep. The 2nd half was alot better Liverpool pushed and pushed to try and get a goal and it was a massive defensive error that caused the Arsenal goal. But the last 5 minutes was the best of the game to be honest especially that babel shot. I don't know why rafa won't play babel more he is class alot better then this Rodriguez we baught. He can't handle the pace of the English football as soon as he gets the ball he has to stand there and think about what to do and by that time the balls gone. He seriously needs to step up his mark. Babel should play more. Keep babel in left hand side perm and then if he gets tired or whatever replace with Reira. Simples

I have to agree with Lee... 4th spot is definitely there for Liverpool to lose now, and they are firmly in the driving seat even with City's game in hand. Just look at the fixture lists that he posted... 'pool's games are so much easier overall.

If Spurs aren't going to get 4th, then I'd prefer Liverpool or Villa to manage it rather than City anyway.
You can't say that really. It would be like saying that the league title is Arsenal's to lose since they have an easier fixture from now on.

also city have 2 in hand. not one. thts important aswell.

I think Liverpool will beat City. They'll get 4th easily in my opinion.

but it is at city.

Home advantage yes, but both teams have 4th place to play for. Liverpool are picking up now despite last nights loss, so you never know. They could come away with a very good result.

Home advantage yes, but both teams have 4th place to play for. Liverpool are picking up now despite last nights loss, so you never know. They could come away with a very good result.

yh no1 saying it is.

i just think the run ins arent tht different in terms of hardness. Liverpool have to go to city and utd. there 2 of the hardest games left in the league.

yh no1 saying it is.

i just think the run ins arent tht different in terms of hardness. Liverpool have to go to city and utd. there 2 of the hardest games left in the league.

So having Chelsea, Man City, and Man Utd is no tougher than having Arsenal, Aston Villa, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man Utd, and Spurs?

You can't say that really. It would be like saying that the league title is Arsenal's to lose since they have an easier fixture from now on.

No, as Arsenal are 6 points behind the current 1st place; Chelsea, whereas Liverpool are currently sitting in 4th, despite City's games in hand.

It's not the same thing.

As for the run-ins, despite what you say Scott, I still think City have the harder fixtures remaining. I agree that the teams near the bottom of the table will be fighting to avoid relegation, but even despite that, I think Liverpool will finish 4th.

I think Tottenham will end up 6th or 7th on current form, which is depressing considering we were looking good value for 4th place not too long ago.

So having Chelsea, Man City, and Man Utd is no tougher than having Arsenal, Aston Villa, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man Utd, and Spurs?

liverpool also have birmingham.(8th and got 2-2 at anfield) also city have home advantage, against utd, liverpool, villa and spurs. whilst liverpool havent against most of there harder teams, apart from chelsea who can batter no matter where they play liverpool.

liverpool also have birmingham.(8th and got 2-2 at anfield) also city have home advantage, against utd, liverpool, villa and spurs. whilst liverpool havent against most of there harder teams, apart from chelsea who can batter no matter where they play liverpool.

No offence to Birmingham but it still amazes me how they managed to come away with that point. A wonder goal from Jerome and a fantastic performance from their keeper who faced 36 shots that night. At home they may be more pressured into actually playing some football too instead of just camping on the edge of their area so you would expect Liverpool to take all three points if that was the case.

From our remaining 12 games we probably need another 26-30 points at most too guarantee third place. Quite possibly even less than that. If we continue our recent form then that's not a difficult task.

Who do these thread get pushed way off topic? Its clearly about Arsenal v Liverpool not whos going to get fourth spot jesus.

well gatid. 4th spot does kinda involove liverpool and arsenal mate.

well gatid. 4th spot does kinda involove liverpool and arsenal mate.

Not in my book, If Arsenal would of lost yesterday then yes it might be. The title says Arsenal v Liverpool which i thought ment about the match and everything else that happened during the game not involving city, spurs, villa next fixtures and all sorts.

But nevermind.

Back