Arsenal v Liverpool

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 121
  • Views Views 4K
well correct me if im wrong but everytime liverpool win this season someone comes out and says our season starts here we have to show we have turned a corner???
No one man says that,Benitez.Also,we have had a good run,and correct me if i'm wrong but you've just lost to Everton with 11 men?

well correct me if im wrong but everytime liverpool win this season someone comes out and says our season starts here we have to show we have turned a corner???

Correct me if I'm wrong but it wasnt one win, it was 5 wins and 2 draws in 7 games? Get a grip, not many teams go to Arsenal and get anything anyway.

Since when is standing on the line automatically a penalty when you handball it? That's like saying it's a throw in if it's on the line or a goal if it's on the line.

You have a point but you cannot excuse Fabregas' behaviour tonight or the blatant handball which he blatantly meant.

No one man says that,Benitez.Also,we have had a good run,and correct me if i'm wrong but you've just lost to Everton with 11 men?

Exactly, and I believe some team beat Everton recently with 10 men *cough*

Look on the brightside 'pool fans, keeps the chase for 4th very interesting :)

Well guys, what you make of arshavins performance? As we all know hes been abit **** lately but being switched to attacking mid and hes recovered abit of his lost form. Some nice quick turns and first touches and thought his overal performance was ok not the best but ok.

Of course Arshavin was going to have a good game, he was playing against Liverpool. Just glad it wasn't at Anfield really because you just know he would of scored a hat-trick.

I actually said that if Arsenal are going to score, Diaby will get it. (H)

Good results tonight. <)

Urgh.

Didn't create enough. Degen had an absolute howler for the goal. Would have been nice to have seen Fabregas sent off at the end for trying to catch the ball (second yellow card offence). We didn't deserve to win, but then Arsenal barely deserved the three points either.

I watched the whole game and it has to be said that L'pool's tactics were so negative. They didn't even look like they wanted to win until the last 5 minutes or so.

What did everyone think of the 'dive' from Bendtner in the scond half? I've seen them given but there was minimal contact and probably the right decision.

I thought it was a blatant dive by bendtner but andy gray though it was a penalty.oO)

I watched the whole game and it has to be said that L'pool's tactics were so negative. They didn't even look like they wanted to win until the last 5 minutes or so.

What did everyone think of the 'dive' from Bendtner in the scond half? I've seen them given but there was minimal contact and probably the right decision.

I don't think Rafa was playing for the win ( Little stupid yes. ) They tried to frustrate Arsenal, and it did work in the first half.

The dive, like you said, i have seen them given, i don't think the ref had a good position so he just said no, if he had been in a better place i think he would of said yes.

I don't think we will make 4th now, City have 2 games in hand, and they are on the same points, however if City happen to slip up ( I don't think they will ) then we might have a chance.

Just have to wait and see really.

I thought it was a blatant dive by bendtner but andy gray though it was a penalty.oO)

Agger did stick his leg out, and i think there was contact not 100% sure, i'll have to have another look. But as i said above, i think if the ref has been better placed he would have give it.

I can't see how anyone could think that is a penalty, there was no contact and if there was it was the slighest brushing of there legs.oO) Bendtner was on his way to the floor before he even got into the box.

I don't think we will make 4th now, City have 2 games in hand, and they are on the same points, however if City happen to slip up ( I don't think they will ) then we might have a chance.

Liverpool's remaining fixtures:
Man City (A)
Blackburn (H)
Wigan (A)
Portsmouth (H)
Man Utd (A)
Sunderland (H)
Birmingham City (A)
Fulham (H)
West Ham (H)
Burnley (A)
Chelsea (H)
Hull City (A)

Manchester City's remaining fixtures:
Stoke (A)
Liverpool (H)
Chelsea (A)
Tottenham (H)
Sunderland (A)
Fulham (A)
Wigan (H)
Burnley (A)
Birmingham (H)
Man Utd (H)
Arsenal (A)
Aston Villa (H)
West Ham (A)

City definitely have the trickier fixtures remaining, they have to play the 'Big Four' plus Villa and Spurs. So fourth spot is still their for Liverpool lose in my opinion.

It was a dive i cant fault him for not trying tho.

Doubt Maxi will ever score,just like Aquilani

Are you stupid, Aquilani has not played that many games, and has not had many chances to score, i can assure you they will both score.

Great goal by diaby! Bendtner :wub:

The goal was very good, the cross was super, spot on i think. If it was anyone smaller then Diaby i don't think it would have gone in, looked a little to high.

Arsenal could be back in title race now, depends if United and Chelsea fail to win.

1 Nil Diaby.

Nah, don't think they are, it is between Chelsea and Utd for me. And i hope Chelsea win the league now.

Although I like Ngog, it's obvious he's not good enough to be a lone striker like Torres

Your right, he is not good enough to play the Torres role. There is not many that can, i think if we do play N'Gog we need 2 upfront to support him.

Used to ******* love Fabregas as-well the cheating Spanish *******. We weren't bad tonight either :( N'gog is unbelievably bad, I reckon I'd do a better job than him :s

He is not that bad, i think his 1st touch is really good, he does not seem to have much confidence, as he did but i think that will chance soon.

I just think N'gog can't be put in Torres' role as the lone striker, it just doesn't work

Correct, it does not work, but Rafa does not want to chance the formation every game, he wants the players to get use to 1 and we play 4 - 2 - 3 - 1 And N'Gog does a ok job upfront but when Torres does get back it will be much better for us.

Just got back from the game, we dominated IMO. Apart from the last 5 minutes that were nervy as ****. So pleased with the win and every other result went our way too.

Back