Arsenal v Liverpool

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 121
  • Views Views 4K
It was a bit dodgy but it was hardly on the line, it was outside the box.

It really wasn't on the line. From what i saw he was clearly just outside the box.

I think it was outside the box, so it would of just been another free kick.

Nah, his heel was on the line ;)

Although it was a handball I don't really think it was a free kick in the first place. Saying that, Howard Webb was looking straight at it and it should have been a penalty. However at least Babel is playing a bit better now and this just adds a bit more significance against City. Come on you reds!!

Yeah one positive was that Babel looked good in the time he was on the pitch, had a great shot too :P

Yes quite bad, just abit of inexperience by Fabregas it wasnt in the area tho.

Certainly handball but as you said I'm not sure it was in the area so not sure we can feel too hard done by :P

Peak!
It was on the line and therefore a pen
but Horward Webb is our representative for the Fifa World Cup and he didnt give anything for something right infront of him...Tut tut.

No way. Fabregas was standing on the line and raised his arm therefore his arm is a clear 1 yard outside the box when the ball made contact. All because hes standing on the line doenst mean its a penalty?:S

Used to ******* love Fabregas as-well the cheating Spanish *******. We weren't bad tonight either :( N'gog is unbelievably bad, I reckon I'd do a better job than him :s

Peak!
It was on the line and therefore a pen
but Horward Webb is our representative for the Fifa World Cup and he didnt give anything for something right infront of him...Tut tut.
Since when is standing on the line automatically a penalty when you handball it? That's like saying it's a throw in if it's on the line or a goal if it's on the line.

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

Used to ******* love Fabregas as-well the cheating Spanish *******. We weren't bad tonight either :( N'gog is unbelievably bad, I reckon I'd do a better job than him :s
Harsh to call him a cheat, everyone makes mistakes, he's not the first and certainly not the last, otherwise everyone in football is pretty much a cheat.

To be fair to mr t is right, a foul on the line is a penalty. Counts as in the area. But i think fabregas was outside and even if he was just on the line the handball was just outside the box definetly so i'm not sure how they do it: where the offender is or where the offence is?

Either way, liverpool really didn't deserve it and i haven't seen a replay but it looked like gerrard bought the freekick by running into someone and falling over.

Bendtner > N'gog:)

Hes ok not great but not terrible imo, tho he does look super skinny and needs to put on some weight.

Since when is standing on the line automatically a penalty when you handball it? That's like saying it's a throw in if it's on the line or a goal if it's on the line

To be fair, if it was on the line then it should be a penalty however will need to see it again to be make the decision if it was on the line.

I just think N'gog can't be put in Torres' role as the lone striker, it just doesn't work

is this the liverpool that is apparently turning a corner for the 5th time this season???

WOW I wasnt too disheartened by that loss till I saw Fabregas' BLATANT handball......
But from Liverpool we played better didnt deserve a loss at all..Babel is gaining confidence again which is good news and every game we play we are closer to the return of El Nino
Spurs lost, Villa Drew, City arent playing the best

arsenal were the better team and desrerved to win simples
gerrard and was it kuyt both dived to get the freekick in the first place so if cesc cheated then you cheated anyways. score 1-0 arsenal 3 points end of!

is this the liverpool that is apparently turning a corner for the 5th time this season???
They've had a good unbeaten run and they've lost away to Arsenal, if you're saying they haven't turned the corner then your looking at the wrong league.

No,it's not, that Liverpool have only had one game this year,Vs. United.

well correct me if im wrong but everytime liverpool win this season someone comes out and says our season starts here we have to show we have turned a corner???

well correct me if im wrong but everytime liverpool win this season someone comes out and says our season starts here we have to show we have turned a corner???

Correct, one win doesn't mean you've turned a corner, but neither does one defeat ruin everything

Back