Arsenal V Tottenham - Saturday 20th November 2010

• Thread starter Thread starter CJ
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 221
  • Views Views 13K
After reading all the posts about who deserved to win and who did not. Lets put it into perspective. Arsenal did not deserve to get anything out of the game if all they play for ninety minutes the fancy showy football and forget the basics of finishing off another team by defending a two goal lead. Thats why Arsenal have not won anything for six years now. Wenger is all about trying to emulate his style of total football so much now that his team are forgetting how to defend properly when in front. He needs to realise the game is about getting the final result and not by how much shots on target and possesion his team have.

They also gave away two silly FK's outside their own box. The first leading to a penalty from a stupid handball by your star player and the second leading to the inability to defend the FK. So no Arsenal did not deserve to win because Tottenham had the ability to capitilise on Arsenals mistakes. Something Arsenal seem to cant do themselves to finish a game.

Spurs show alot of character when behind and its teams that do this and have the ability to make a comeback that deserve the win more.

Last edited:
I think, although this was a very disappointing win to lose from 2-0 up (esp to our arch-rivals) Its not season over. MU and chelsea are also dropping silly points all over, and Arsenal, in my opinion are only a strong CB away from a trophy, because at the moment our defence looks very dodgy.
Alot of people may disagree with me here, but I think Arsenal are fine for a GK, Flappyhanski is less flappy and a brilliant shot stopper. If he can focus his training on dealing with crosses, we have a potentially class keeper on our hands!

Back