Arsenal V Tottenham - Saturday 20th November 2010

• Thread starter Thread starter CJ
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 221
  • Views Views 13K

No, spelt is acceptable. oO) If you'd wanted to criticise his use of the word "wrong" instead of "incorrectly" then I might sympathise, but don't correct people when you're wrong yourself.

lets not get pedantic and off topic about spelling, theres much more interesting stuff to talk about, like arsenal's disasterous last 17 minutes

All i can say is at least Arsenal are good on FIFA , Nah , Tottenham deserved the 3 points

All i can say is at least Arsenal are good on FIFA , Nah , Tottenham deserved the 3 points

Without wanting to sound petty and bitter:

Explain why you think Tottenham deserved all 3 points.

Tottenham were better in the second half simple alot better, they derserved, just stop moaning

Without wanting to sound petty and bitter:

Explain why you think Tottenham deserved all 3 points.

My bad , on the second half performance, they seemed more determined to me, but that's my opinion and no one else's, if you feel Arsenal deserved the 3 points then thats up to you mate.

At the end of the day, unless a bad referee call influences the result, then the team who wins deserves to win. No we played better we did this we did that, what ever was done wasnt enough, just be gracious in defeat

At the end of the day, unless a bad referee call influences the result, then the team who wins deserves to win. No we played better we did this we did that, what ever was done wasnt enough, just be gracious in defeat

I have been (assuming you're talking to me) - I haven't moaned and groaned about a disallowed goal or anything, just asked him for his reasons: There's no point posting saying Tottenham deserved to win without explaining why..

I think, ahem, I know Arsenal should have won, but we were nowhere near good enough in the Second Half, and an inexplicable handball from Cesc got Spurs an equaliser. I'm pretty sure I actually said "credit to Spurs, they took their chances".

Also, that's utter **** IMO - Obviously you have to play for 90 minutes, but when you consider Spurs didn't create anything in the first half, and in the second none of their chances came from particularly brilliant play: Bale's goal was good, but Denilson was nowhere to be seen and the other two were fairly simple - A header from a FK, and penalty via a FK. They defended very well indeed, and Defoe had a good little cameo but for me they didn't deserve to win.

Similarly, when Newcastle beat us, they had one shot on target and it went in, I think they [Newcastle] deserved a draw, not a win.

Last edited:
So much Arsenal hate :S

Arsenal in the first half outplayed Spurs completely and were teaching them a football lesson. I can understand why Calum was so confident, even if his comment was foolishly premature. VDV and Bale couldnt really get into the game and Lennon was completely annonymous. Substituting him off made sense.

Second half and Arsenal didnt find quite as much space , mainly because Spurs played more narrowly. The early goal was key as Arsenal's players visibly looked shaky and nervous. They still had the better of the game in terms of possesion but looked more reseved and couldnt find as much space. The introduction of Defoe made Arsenal drop deeper so VDV and Bale found more space. Spurs didnt really deserve to win but just took their chances well, whereas Arsenal missed some golden oppertunities.

Arsenal showing some familiar weaknesses and Spurs showing familiar great character. The penalty was deserved, i dont have a clue what Fabregas was doing. Gallas was my man of the match. Wenger will be so dissapointed that he hasnt won this game.

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

Rubbish

Man after my own heart ^

Completely agree alicwkd.

EDIT: x2

Spurs didnt really deserve to win but just took their chances well, whereas Arsenal missed some golden oppertunities.

Isnt that the crucial point though? the team who take there chances "deserves" the win? Its not in doubt who the better side was, definitely Arsenal was better. But IMO the team who takes its chances and is more clinical deserves the win. Not the team who had the better stats aside from the goals scored column. Its not Arsenal hate, just a bit of heated debate :D

Isnt that the crucial point though? the team who take there chances "deserves" the win? Its not in doubt who the better side was, definitely Arsenal was better. But IMO the team who takes its chances and is more clinical deserves the win. Not the team who had the better stats aside from the goals scored column. Its not Arsenal hate, just a bit of heated debate :D

I see your point, but I still have to disagree. Football, for me, is about the whole game, not just snippets when you get a chance, and score it. For example, I think Aston Villa deserved to beat Utd, but they were unlucky, a brilliant Macheda goal and a Vidic (once again) header got them a point. I think 3-2 is a very harsh scoreline. this wasn't Mourinho's Park the Plane, they went out and we outplayed them for 45 minutes, and much of the second half too.

Yes, Arsenal should have put this game to bed, being 2-0 up and totally making us look like a championship team .But deserve to win, no no no. We deserved that win for the spirit we showed. We always fight back, unfortunatley we have to concede goals before we start playing but hey, i am pleased because there are not that many teams with this spirit and character in the league. Above us, probably only Man UTD and sometimes Chelsea show that mentality. We used to just crumble like muffins, so perhaps Arsenal are the new Spurs?

Anyway, unlucky Arsenal, that is 2 games and counting and long may it continue. Now if we could only learn to defend.....Harry needs to get onto the match preparation screen and put 'defensive positioning' up to high. Bring on Werder Bremen!!!!

I suppose it depends what viewpoint you have. Football is about opinions.

Personally I believe the team that plays the better football and creates the most chances deserves to win, but you are right that the goals scored column matters more at the end of the game. Also you have to say Spurs deserved it in terms of the character showed, as Arsenal looked a defeated team the moment Kaboul scored.

And the Arsenal hate comment wasnt directed at you, should have made it clearer :)

Back