Arsenal Vs Everton Match Thread

Who Will Win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's seeming more and more each week that Cesc is looking for a way out. I'll not be surprised if he goes to Barca in the summer. His attitude in some games this season has stunk and for a captain it's not the ideal role to be leading.

Buck up Cesc, get on with being a top player and a top role model.
Why would you see it in that way? I think he trying to be too hard to be a captain. I don't understand people who talk about him not playing for the club, he's one of the most passionate players for us whenever he comes on the pitch. Surely if you were looking for a way out, you wouldn't even care about such refereeing decisions...?

Why would you see it in that way? I think he trying to be too hard to be a captain. I don't understand people who talk about him not playing for the club, he's one of the most passionate players for us whenever he comes on the pitch. Surely if you were looking for a way out, you wouldn't even care about such refereeing decisions...?

Maybe he is trying to hard. Maybe it's pressure. It's just the way it seems to me. Take the Ipswich away game for instance, I think he gave the ball away more times than he made a successful pass, and throughout the match he looked as if he didn't give two ***** about it.

When we pulled Barca back to 2-2 last season, he showed his passion. Since the speculation in the summer and Cesc apparently pleading to be let go to Barca he hasn't looked, acted, seemed to play the same.

Hey, this is only my opinion, but I'm increasingly getting frustrated with him. If we can get £40m+ for him this summer I'll be more than happy (mind you if January's anything to go by he could go for £80m).

I fell asleep so I didn't watch the match, I heard Wilshere and Rodwell had an interesting battle in the centre of the park, I wonder who won that? Opinions?
All I saw in the midfield was Fellani dominate us in the first half. But in the second after Diaby had come on, we seemed to have control.

If I'm honest, I barely noticed Wilshere or Rodwell.

Maybe he is trying to hard. Maybe it's pressure. It's just the way it seems to me. Take the Ipswich away game for instance, I think he gave the ball away more times than he made a successful pass, and throughout the match he looked as if he didn't give two ***** about it.

When we pulled Barca back to 2-2 last season, he showed his passion. Since the speculation in the summer and Cesc apparently pleading to be let go to Barca he hasn't looked, acted, seemed to play the same.

Hey, this is only my opinion, but I'm increasingly getting frustrated with him. If we can get £40m+ for him this summer I'll be more than happy (mind you if January's anything to go by he could go for £80m).
Pssh, nothing less than 60-70mil for me, and Wenger too I'm guessing. But fair enough, your opinion.
All I saw in the midfield was Fellani dominate us in the first half. But in the second after Diaby had come on, we seemed to have control.

Lol ight, I just read that off SSN.

If he does go in the summer, who'd be a suitable replacement for him?

I'd be content with Song, Ramsey and Wilshere seeing as Ramsey's well on his way to full fitness. If things don't work out, bring in somebody in January. But then again, with Arsene Wenger's policy it'd be those three I've just mentioned with Diaby and Denilson as backup, more than enough numbers but enough quality? We'll see; we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

The possession.

5408804060_bd0bf7ce3e_z.jpg

lol

The possession.

5408804060_bd0bf7ce3e_z.jpg

lol

I had to post this. From inter forum

To anyone who thinks whines 33 - 67 ball possession or whatever ****, it's like having a **** that's twice larger than mine but you can't get it erected. Wtf is the point then?

XD

Last edited:
True that, but this was probably the first 5 minutes of the game so picture not really relevant.

I admire him for what he has done, but his time is up
Wrong, he has done nothing. Moyes is the one who deserves all the admiration. That is the only thing Kenwright has done right, appointing Moyes and not sacking him when other chairmen might have. He hasn't given him a penny to spend, only what he's made on selling players, he's put pressure on him to sell players, my Kenwright thread says it all, but it's a huge misconception that he's done well for the club. I'll give it to him that he cares, but as asjo said if he cares so much he needs to realise we need someone way superior to himself.

You do him a dis-service, and ajt09 seems to agree with that he has done some good for the club. And we already said that his time is up

I do him a dis-service because only for Moyes guile and genius has it hidden his inactivity and uselessness. Literally what has he done to be owed any praise for our recent successes? Just because he stood by the club, and says "he's looking for investors", doesn't mean Evertons best interests are at heart. He's been searching for investors for 5 years now. Not good enough.

If what Moyes said about Cesc is true, and Wenger is lieing (lol) then Cesc needs to calm the f*ck down. I think the pressure of being a good captain is getting to him, ever since he got the armband he's been much more of a dirtier player. Worst thing is, there isn't any senior players in our team to reign him in so its down to Wenger, I hope Wenger talks to him.

I fell asleep so I didn't watch the match, I heard Wilshere and Rodwell had an interesting battle in the centre of the park, I wonder who won that? Opinions?

But it's clearly not true? Whatever happened in the tunnel at HT - Moyes has clearly exaggerated it to deflect the attention away from his team; he's just being clever and not criticising his team - Have you seen the interview and how much he deflects the other questions?

You fell asleep and didn't watch the match, yet you criticise Fabregas for being dirty on the night because of one interview and probably some bullshit articles like this..

And Rodwell wasn't really marking Wilshere.. Everton's three man midfield all pressed the ball in the areas and most of the time Wilshere just couldn't find any space in a compact Everton midfield. Rodwell marked Fabregas for most of the game, but he was also picked up by Fellaini and Arteta at times, depending on where he ended up on the pitch.

It's seeming more and more each week that Cesc is looking for a way out. I'll not be surprised if he goes to Barca in the summer. His attitude in some games this season has stunk and for a captain it's not the ideal role to be leading.

Buck up Cesc, get on with being a top player and a top role model.

It's precisely the opposite.. He clearly cares - Have you seen his celebrations when he scores? I'm pretty sure that the mark of a good captain, and a good leader, and someone who loves the club is when he comes on with 30 minutes to play and leads the team to victory or a result when we're not playing well...

No one's perfect, but note how no one talks about Wayne Rooney's attitude, despite constantly being seen shouting/swearing/berating officials - He even got sent off because of his attitude when Fulham beat Utd a year or two ago. (He threw the ball away and was given a second yellow)

If his attitude sucked, why would he apparently try so hard to win these cup ties we've struggled a bit in?

Diaby had 100% pass completion over more than 50 minutes. Song had a poor game tbh, he had no space and played deeper than usual (presumably in preparation for Barca when he'll sit behind the midfield and mark Messi like last year at the Emirates when he marked him out of the game). Fellaini was superb in the first half, too strong in the centre of the park. Lots of energy, too - He was absolutely everywhere, covering the channels, sweeping up behind Rodwell and Arteta, and pressing high.

If he does go in the summer, who'd be a suitable replacement for him?

Eden Hazard, Gourcuff.

I'd be content with Song, Ramsey and Wilshere seeing as Ramsey's well on his way to full fitness. If things don't work out, bring in somebody in January. But then again, with Arsene Wenger's policy it'd be those three I've just mentioned with Diaby and Denilson as backup, more than enough numbers but enough quality? We'll see; we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

We don't really know how good Ramsey will be when he comes back. He's on loan at Cardiff but the championship is far slower and has significantly less quality than the PL.

There's no point in taking a risk to January, if he goes (which I sincerely hope he doesn't), Wenger will almost certainly replace him with a signing, not just promote from within. There's no quality players available at a reasonable price in January, as demonstrated by 'Arry's panic bidding, and Liverpool paying £35m for Carroll..

Denilson is shocking, he can't defend and makes the wrong decisions all the time.

I fully expect Arsenal to enquire about Hazard in the summer, whether an agreement can be reached for probably less than £20m, I'm not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.