Reaction score
Sunday 17th April 2011
Barclays Premier League
16:00 Kickoff
Emirates Stadium, London

200px-Arsenal_FC.svg.png
200px-Liverpool_FC.svg.png

Arsenal

Arsenal keeper Wojciech Szczesny is back in full training after recovering from a dislocated finger and could return in goal against Liverpool. The Gunners could be further boosted by the return of defenders Johan Djourou (shoulder) and Bacary Sagna (knee).
Doubtful: Almunia, Sagna & Song (all knee), Denilson (toe), Djourou (shoulder), Szczesny (finger)
Injured: Bartley (knee), Fabianski (shoulder), Mannone (thigh), Vermaelen (Achilles

Liverpool
Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish reported no new injury concerns following Monday's defeat of Manchester City.
Young defender John Flanagan won praise for an assured debut against City and is expected to continue at right back.
Injured: Agger (knee), Gerrard (groin), Johnson & Kelly (both hamstring)

The Reverse Fixture (August 2010)
The two sides met at Anfield on the opening day of the season. The game finished 1-1, with David Ngog putting Liverpool ahead before Pepe Reina's mistake gifted the Gunners a point.

HEAD TO HEAD
• It's 11 years since Liverpool last won at Arsenal, a 1-0 victory in February 2000. The Merseyside club have never won at the Emirates.
• Liverpool have won only three of their last 19 Premier League games against Arsene Wenger's men, and none of the last seven.
• There have been more hat-tricks scored in this fixture than any other in Premier League history (five).

Random Arsenal Fact
Robin Van Persie has scored 20 goals in his last 21 Premier League starts

Random Liverpool Fact
Liverpool have won just one and lost five of their last six Premier League games in London.

Thoughts and Predictions? :)

I am going for 2-1 Arsenal RVP X2 Andy Carroll to score at the Emirates again.

We all know what Liverpool are capable of at Anfield. Time for Liverpool to show what they can do away from home.

My prediction is a 2-2 draw.

I'm hoping we line up the same as we did against Man City, that seemed to work well, except as a 4-2-1-3:

Reina
Flanagan - Carragher - Skrtel - Aurelio
Lucas - Spearing
Meireles
Kuyt - Carroll - Suarez​

Based on our last match performance, I think we can win, but I'm guessing a 1-1 draw, goals from RVP and Suarez. However, if Lehmann starts again I can see us grabbing a win ;)

I'd make a joke about 'Arshavin to score' if he wasn't such a lazy, useless ***.

Can see this going either way, but - as it's at the Emirates (Even though we've not been in great home form this year) - I'll go with a 2-1 win for the Arsenal.

Honestly, I couldn't care for this match. I want Arsenal to win the league, but I want us to win because...well, I support them; so I'll watch it with little pressure. Carroll and Suarez will trouble the Arsenal defence, if Carroll gets crosses in against Arsenal's defence he will score. Meh, 1-1

Gonna be a biased **** this time and say 2-1 Liverpool. Carroll, Kuyt - RVP.

Last edited:
I imagine,
Reina
Carragher Kyrygiakos Skrtel Aurelio
Kuyt Spearing Lucas Merieles
Carroll Suarez

I think this'll be a cracking game. Liverpool are a resurging force, and Arsenal are full of flair. There's going to be goals, and a fantastic atmosphere. going for 2-2.

If we give one of our 'Don't give the bums time to think' performances, the gooners can kiss the title goodbye.

Having said that, the repercusions would then be bitter indeed.

Oh, anyone who thinks we'll roll over to let Arsenal win are wrong I'm afraid. The players want Europe, and since 5th is the only possible way, unless Birmingham's finances are that bad.

I imagine,
Reina
Carragher Kyrygiakos Skrtel Aurelio
Kuyt Spearing Lucas Merieles
Carroll Suarez

Why would he drop Flanagan in favour of Kyrgiakos after such a good debut?

I'd go for CalumE5's lineup.

Away at Arsenal could prove very tough for him, I'd rather play him in lesser matches really. And Kyryigakos will give Arsenal **** from set pieces.

I like Flanagan, but think in this case Flanagan may get dropped, because Arsenal actually utilise the talent they have, and play as a team unlike City sometimes. However, I'm not taking anything away from Liverpools performance against City. They were simply brilliant, and it was good to see Carroll get on the scoresheet with a double. But Flanagan is a very good player I won't take that away from him. Probably a case of experience over talent and nothing more. IF he was dropped.

Last edited:
I really need to see a doctor i think because i wanted Liverpool to win on Monday and i want them to win again tomorrow. I do though think it will be 1-1.

Fair enough, can see up playing too deep if Kyrgi is started with Carra at full-back though.

If I were KK, I'd play Flanagan in our remaining home fixtures, where the momentum will be with us & the Kop will be behind him. He needs nurturing - not being thrown into a possible lion's den so quickly.

Thing is though, Flanagan I think is an excellent prospect. Can see him being an excellent player in the future

Personally i wouldn't use Flanagan against Arsenal. No disrespect, he has great potential. But then again. I wouldn't want Kyrgiakos to start. So i really dunno.

Sunday 17th April 2011
Barclays Premier League
16:00 Kickoff
Emirates Stadium, London

200px-Arsenal_FC.svg.png
200px-Liverpool_FC.svg.png

Arsenal

Arsenal keeper Wojciech Szczesny is back in full training after recovering from a dislocated finger and could return in goal against Liverpool. The Gunners could be further boosted by the return of defenders Johan Djourou (shoulder) and Bacary Sagna (knee).
Doubtful: Almunia, Sagna & Song (all knee), Denilson (toe), Djourou (shoulder), Szczesny (finger)
Injured: Bartley (knee), Fabianski (shoulder), Mannone (thigh), Vermaelen (Achilles

Liverpool
Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish reported no new injury concerns following Monday's defeat of Manchester City.
Young defender John Flanagan won praise for an assured debut against City and is expected to continue at right back.
Injured: Agger (knee), Gerrard (groin), Johnson & Kelly (both hamstring)

The Reverse Fixture (August 2010)
The two sides met at Anfield on the opening day of the season. The game finished 1-1, with David Ngog putting Liverpool ahead before Pepe Reina's mistake gifted the Gunners a point.

HEAD TO HEAD
• It's 11 years since Liverpool last won at Arsenal, a 1-0 victory in February 2000. The Merseyside club have never won at the Emirates.
• Liverpool have won only three of their last 19 Premier League games against Arsene Wenger's men, and none of the last seven.
• There have been more hat-tricks scored in this fixture than any other in Premier League history (five).

Random Arsenal Fact
Robin Van Persie has scored 20 goals in his last 21 Premier League starts

Random Liverpool Fact
Liverpool have won just one and lost five of their last six Premier League games in London.

Thoughts and Predictions? :)

I am going for 2-1 Arsenal RVP X2 Andy Carroll to score at the Emirates again.

I'm pretty sure that's a LIE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back