• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 316
  • Views Views 17K

Who Will Win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Arsene Wenger is one of my most hated men in football. He's disrespectful, and he's a moaning *****. For him to say that all Liverpool did yesterday was defend is an absolute joke, we had 4 shots less than them, and had the same amount of shots on target. Yes, we played on the counter, but we did not go there and simply defend. Just because you're team has bottled it again does not mean you have to continue to make excuses for your own mistakes (& Eboue's). To say Lucas fouled Eboue by blocking him off is a joke, Eboue doesn't even need to touch Lucas as he doesn't have the ball and is running away from goal. There's only you and Eboue moaning about the penalty. It's time you started blaming yourself Mr. Wenger instead of everything and everyone else.

Disrespectful, whinging *****.

Last edited:
Surely if KK is getting punished then Jack Robinson should be? He told the linesman to **** off when he gave Arsenal a corner. As someone has said Wenger is getting more and more irritating. We deserved a draw yesterday, yet the ***** blames us for his failed title challenge. Used to really like Arsene aswell.

Surely if KK is getting punished then Jack Robinson should be? He told the linesman to **** off when he gave Arsenal a corner. As someone has said Wenger is getting more and more irritating. We deserved a draw yesterday, yet the ***** blames us for his failed title challenge. Used to really like Arsene aswell.

As far as i know KK isnt getting punished (and shouldnt be, but therein lies the flaw of the FA's moralistic approach), though if Robinson told the linesman to **** off he should be

As far as i know KK isnt getting punished (and shouldnt be, but therein lies the flaw of the FA's moralistic approach), though if Robinson told the linesman to **** off he should be

So every single player/manager should be punished if they get caught swearing on camera? Maybe we should just stop televised games?

So every single player/manager should be punished if they get caught swearing on camera? Maybe we should just stop televised games?

Maybe we should teach them all swear words in say.. Mandarin Chinese? So the kids won't understand them, and they won't get in trouble :)

This was my point in the first, the whole thing is a ridiculous road to nowhere, how can you moralise the game when you have 40'000 fans calling ashley cole a ****?

Robinson should be punished for swearing at an official, not becuase it was on camera

This was my point in the first, the whole thing is a ridiculous road to nowhere, how can you moralise the game when you have 40'000 fans calling ashley cole a ****?

Robinson should be punished for swearing at an official, not becuase it was on camera

I doubt the linesman or the referee heard it to be fair he was back in the 18 yard box and it didn't look like he shouted it although you're right. Swearing should just be accepted really, it's hardly realistic to expect no-one to swear in a match like this. I didn't even really believe Rooney should have been punished.

I doubt the linesman or the referee heard it to be fair he was back in the 18 yard box and it didn't look like he shouted it although you're right. Swearing should just be accepted really, it's hardly realistic to expect no-one to swear in a match like this. I didn't even really believe Rooney should have been punished.

Rooney was in the worng, but for me its the manner of how that was dealt with; we could hear the abuse, he then has a stormer, the cameraman (who was placed on that side by Sky becuse Rooney runs that way after pens) and gets in close, and Rooney loses it a bit.

Now the Fa could have handled it with common sense, hefty fine suspended ban, quiet word becuase we all knew where that reaction came from, but its wrong to react that way; job done. Instead they went for as harsh as they could go, a 2 game ban, and then came out with this nonsense abut role models, respect, morality etc (even brooking said he banned because "his venomous outburst was not being a good role model"), now if you are gonna start down that road, you are going to end up with a lot of nonsense bans (a liverpool manager and a legend of the game telling another manager to **** off is surely a bad role model), thats ignoring the fact of what was coming from the crowd. How can anyone complain about that when they take their kids to an atmosphere like that?

Rooney was in the worng, but for me its the manner of how that was dealt with; we could hear the abuse, he then has a stormer, the cameraman (who was placed on that side by Sky becuse Rooney runs that way after pens) and gets in close, and Rooney loses it a bit.

Now the Fa could have handled it with common sense, hefty fine suspended ban, quiet word becuase we all knew where that reaction came from, but its wrong to react that way; job done. Instead they went for as harsh as they could go, a 2 game ban, and then came out with this nonsense abut role models, respect, morality etc (even brooking said he banned because "his venomous outburst was not being a good role model"), now if you are gonna start down that road, you are going to end up with a lot of nonsense bans (a liverpool manager and a legend of the game telling another manager to **** off is surely a bad role model), thats ignoring the fact of what was coming from the crowd. How can anyone complain about that when they take their kids to an atmosphere like that?

Think context is important. Rooney did it directly into the camera. Dalglish and whatever Wenger said was picked up in passing as a camera panned for reactions. If we use the logic that what Dalglish did was worthy of sanction, then we'd be banning a huge proportion of players every season because I can't think of too many who don't swear on the pitch and haven't been picked up doing it.

So I guess the question is how far do you sanitise football for the television audience? We already airbrush out stuff which happens away from the stadium. Do we now come down harshly on players who can clearly be saying 'ffs' at a ref's decision or when they miss a sitter etc?

Personally, I think Rooney's punishment didn't fit the 'crime'. An apology from him post-match should have been more than ample. He'd just scored a goal which had kept hope of a historic and record making league championship haul going. He's entitled to let some of the emotion show, and if Sky are dumb enough to thrust a camera in his face then they get what they deserve. And if the armchair viewing football fans aren't aware that this game was working class and industrial in origin with the language to match, then I remain even further convinced that we need to tell them where to get off.

Post Match Tactical Analysis: Arsenal 1-1 Liverpool: Cesc’s performance lost in TV translation? | Arsenal Report Arsenal 1-1 Liverpool: Cesc’s performance lost in TV translation? | Arsenal Report

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

I think Arsene Wenger is one of my most hated men in football. He's disrespectful, and he's a moaning *****. For him to say that all Liverpool did yesterday was defend is an absolute joke, we had 4 shots less than them, and had the same amount of shots on target. Yes, we played on the counter, but we did not go there and simply defend. Just because you're team has bottled it again does not mean you have to continue to make excuses for your own mistakes (& Eboue's). To say Lucas fouled Eboue by blocking him off is a joke, Eboue doesn't even need to touch Lucas as he doesn't have the ball and is running away from goal. There's only you and Eboue moaning about the penalty. It's time you started blaming yourself Mr. Wenger instead of everything and everyone else.

Disrespectful, whinging *****.

I'm not going to try and defend Wenger's statements/attitude - He's wrong about it not being a penalty (though I know what he means) and we've been through the timing issue several times over with everyone pretty much agreeing that although there's a case to say it was too long, there are several reasons the additional time was extended and Arsenal only have themselves to blame...

..but WTF? Why all the abuse for Wenger? Can't you just say he's in the wrong and should accept his own side's failures rather than launching a full-scale attack on him for what? Being upset that we conceded a goal in the 102nd minute and suggesting that Liverpool sat back and defended (and did it well). I watched the press-conference and it was in no way an 'insult' or showing any deliberate disrespect for the way Liverpool played - He didn't say; "I want every team to come at us because that's what football's about" - he simply offered your deep defensive line (which it was) as an excuse for why we didn't create a lot of chances and why, despite having most of the possession, we still drew.

I'm really not sure why you two are so unhappy about it... you got a well-earned, last gasp draw which is clearly what Dalglish was hoping for (not that he went ultra-defensive, more just that he was clearly happy to settle for the draw overall without the late goals) - your European ambitions for this season are still possible and you've ended the title aspirations of an "irritating", "disrespectful and moaning *****" - rejoice.

I've disliked Wenger for a long time now, perhaps I was a little harsh, just really annoyed me how he went about it after the game.

He said Liverpool came to defend, defend, defend. We clearly didn't. Yes we played with a deep defensive line & narrow (that's the best way against Arsenal) but we definately went forward with intent, and you could argue we had the better chances of the game (aside from Van Persie, who seems very wasteful).

I just wish for once, he'd blame himself and his team, than find faults with everything else.

I've disliked Wenger for a long time now, perhaps I was a little harsh, just really annoyed me how he went about it after the game.

He said Liverpool came to defend, defend, defend. We clearly didn't. Yes we played with a deep defensive line & narrow (that's the best way against Arsenal) but we definately went forward with intent, and you could argue we had the better chances of the game (aside from Van Persie, who seems very wasteful).

I just wish for once, he'd blame himself and his team, than find faults with everything else.

You're well entitled to dislike a manager and criticise his attitude but yeah, I think that was a little OTT.

Obviously that's the best way to play against Arsenal - no one's criticising Liverpool for doing that.

I think most people agree Wenger should accept some accountability and tell it how it is instead of making excuses but yeah, I've said my part so no need to go on for me.

Van Persie - seems, or seemed? If you mean generally, then 21 goals in 22 starts begs to differ but if you mean just yesterday, then I agree but he didn't have a lot of service and Reina made one top save when Van Persie, Fabregas and Nasri combined on the edge of your box.

this.

the whistle should have gone when sczezeny kicked the ball away.

(Sorry everyone for late response) But it was 8 minutes, plus all the time added on for the penalty incident.
Showed great heart and determination. Kuyt never misses penalties <3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back