• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 316
  • Views Views 17K

Who Will Win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
next year is always their year, been like this for 6 years, same things crops up each and every time.

Liverpool need European Football if they want some of their targets

didn't realise this but if City don't finish 4th and win FA cup then 6th place will get Europa league, which is where I think Liverpool will finish

Look at this if we never bottled these games in the last 10 minutes i think we would be top

V Sunderland 1-0 up draw 1-1 to a last minute goal
V Spurs 2-0 up loose 3-2 to a last minute goal
V Wigan 2-1 up draw 2-2 to 81st minute OG
V Newcastle 4-0 up draw 4-4 last minute goal
V Liverpool 1-0 up draw 1-1 last minute goal

how many points lost is that?

All our own fault i'm Affraid :S

didn't realise this but if City don't finish 4th and win FA cup then 6th place will get Europa league, which is where I think Liverpool will finish

And Everton's only one point behind Liverpool too. We're lurking back there ;)
And just a thought-KK was obviously swearing on camera. Think there'll be action taken?

Last edited:
next year is always their year, been like this for 6 years, same things crops up each and every time.

Liverpool need European Football if they want some of their targets

I think it's different because before they constantly let go of their players, but in the last two seasons they seem to have stopped their selling policy (and have started to shell out and buy established players). As long as they can hold on to their talent they should be a great team in the next few seasons. Fabregas will go, of course, but not until Xavi is done, which might not be for a few seasons, and by then Wilshere will be good enough to replace him. Anyways, they weren't that far from the title this year, and if they had Vermaelen they might have taken the title...poor defense was their biggest fault this year and cost them a lot of points.

As far as Liverpool goes, the Europa League is just a distraction...there are tons of games and the prize isn't that big of a deal. And they'll have to sacrifice their position in the league, and next season they should focus on trying to get into the top 4. That task is much more important than success in the Europa League, and it'll be much, much easier without all of those extra fixtures.

And Everton's only one point behind Liverpool too. We're lurking back there ;)

Amazing that Everton have a chance of getting Europa after how part of the season was going for them. But yeah I'd realistcally say it's between Liverpool and Everton for 6th place and a possible Europa league place

Look at this if we never bottled these games in the last 10 minutes i think we would be top

V Sunderland 1-0 up draw 1-1 to a last minute goal
V Spurs 2-0 up loose 3-2 to a last minute goal
V Wigan 2-1 up draw 2-2 to 81st minute OG
V Newcastle 4-0 up draw 4-4 last minute goal
V Liverpool 1-0 up draw 1-1 last minute goal

how many points lost is that?

All our own fault i'm Affraid :S

Lack of experience in big situations that all points to my Friend

Lack of experience in big situations that all points to my Friend

Yeah the only leader we have is Vermaelen who is been injured the whole season :(

I think he should be the captain instead of Cesc really as he isn't a leader

Yeah the only leader we have is Vermaelen who is been injured the whole season :(

I think he should be the captain instead of Cesc really as he isn't a leader

It not a case of being a captain, You just need a more vocal squad as a whole, Look at last week Lehnman was so loud and sent orders around like there was no 2mo... You need more players with his leadership qualities.

I think it's different because before they constantly let go of their players, but in the last two seasons they seem to have stopped their selling policy (and have started to shell out and buy established players). As long as they can hold on to their talent they should be a great team in the next few seasons. Fabregas will go, of course, but not until Xavi is done, which might not be for a few seasons, and by then Wilshere will be good enough to replace him. Anyways, they weren't that far from the title this year, and if they had Vermaelen they might have taken the title...poor defense was their biggest fault this year and cost them a lot of points.

As far as Liverpool goes, the Europa League is just a distraction...there are tons of games and the prize isn't that big of a deal. And they'll have to sacrifice their position in the league, and next season they should focus on trying to get into the top 4. That task is much more important than success in the Europa League, and it'll be much, much easier without all of those extra fixtures.

its not different, its the same every year. its wengers policy for better or worse. All sides have had injury crises, they havent dealt with it as well as others. They werent forced to sell those players to balance the books. This is the route they have taken, and so far its not quite been good enough for the title. whether we applaud his approach is another matter entirely. Every other top side will build for next season too. Wenger has repeatedly said the money is there, and he has chosen not to spend it

been saying this since the departure of Vieira, not found a long term player to fill the leadership gap

Who would we buy though?

as i cant see Wenger spended 20 + MILLION on a player

Who would we buy though?

as i cant see Wenger spended 20 + MILLION on a player

and perhaps there in lies the problem. we arent talking about 20 millon every year, its the one big purchase that plugs the Gap.

and perhaps there in lies the problem. we arent talking about 20 millon every year, its the one big purchase that plugs the Gap.

Who would you suggest we buy?

as i am stumped for names :S

Arsène Wenger is angry with everyone, but only Arsenal are to blame
Once again the Arsenal manager blamed everybody but himself and his players for some very familiar failings

Arsène Wenger is angry with everyone, but only Arsenal are to blame | Football | The Guardian

If this truly was the day that Arsène Wenger's Premier League title dream died for another season, then the abiding images will be of the Arsenal manager towering above the three match officials at full-time, as he berated them for the award of the late penalty that brought his team to their knees.

The ironies were plentiful. Dirk Kuyt's successful penalty for Liverpool saw their bitter rivals, Manchester United, clamp one hand upon a record 19th championship win. In the directors' box, Sir Alex Ferguson might have cursed Arsenal's goal, Robin van Persie's penalty coming in the eighth minute of the time added on for Jamie Carragher's head injury. Yet Fergie-time would come back around for him. Kuyt's goal was timed at 102 minutes.

Up the road at Wembley, Stoke City, a team that Wenger has in the past derided for their "rugby tactics", stuck five goals past Bolton to set up an FA Cup final against Manchester City, another team whose ethics Wenger has questioned. One of them will enjoy a silver-lined finish to the season. Despite what Wenger perceives as Arsenal's superior brand of football, his side will surely not.

Wenger burned with a sense of injustice. For him, there was rage and frustration, a familiar cocktail in what has been a relentlessly trying season and as he lashed out at a variety of targets he projected a certain helplessness too. He lambasted the referee, Andre Marriner, not only for the penalty decision against Emmanuel Eboué but also his time-keeping. Kenny Dalglish got it as well, for having the temerity to set up his Liverpool team in a defensive vein. It was a familiar lament. Why can't visiting teams simply lay themselves open for Arsenal to take apart?

The unpalatable truth was that Arsenal had let themselves down. This was a third successive home draw in the league and with Wenger having outlined the imperative of a victory to keep their title hopes alive, the last thing he wanted was to see his players so flat and so lifeless. All of his creative talents endured afternoons to forget and only the most blinkered of Arsenal fans could have argued that the opening goal had been coming, although Van Persie did blow his team's best chance of the second half in the 85th minute.

Arsenal looked laboured and one-paced and this felt like one battle too far for tired legs. The penalty that Arsenal got for Jay Spearing's nibble at the back of Cesc Fábregas felt like a lifeline out of the blue. Yet it would be dramatically cut off.

Liverpool's comfort for most of the afternoon was depressing from an Arsenal point of view and Wenger's players seemed to run out of ideas. They had flickered in the first half and they will wonder what might have happened if Laurent Koscielny's 16th-minute header had been six inches lower. But one of the damning indictments against them was that in the second half, despite the home team hogging possession, Liverpool had the better chances, through Luis Suárez.

Liverpool finished the game with three teenagers on the pitch - the rookie full-backs John Flanagan and Jack Robinson emerged with honours - and having lost Fabio Aurelio, Carragher and Andy Carroll to injuries of varying severity. When they conceded so late, the game looked up and so it was not surprising to hear Dalglish praise the character of his players.

Arsenal had been charged with breaking down a Liverpool team whose back four and defensive midfielders rarely got ahead of the ball. Dalglish prized the solidity that his protectors provided even when Arsenal broke, for example, in first-half injury-time with four fliers, they were immediately out-numbered. It was a theme of the afternoon. Curiously, for such an attack-minded side, Arsenal struggled to get bodies into the box. Their final ball was repeatedly dreadful.

It had been a momentous week for the club, with Stan Kroenke's takeover and the death of Danny Fiszman. The Arsenal players' black armbands were as much for the visionary director as the victims of the Hillsborough tragedy. Kroenke was in the directors' box; he missed his Denver Nuggets in NBA play-off action for the first time and he might have squirmed with every other Gooner.

And so to Tottenham on Wednesday, the scene of the last rites on Arsenal's challenge last season. It feels as though they have already been read this time.

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

Who would you suggest we buy?

as i am stumped for names :S

Samba would have been my pick from january,

Anyone think Cesc head's been turned by Barca as he wasnt his best today i dont think :(

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

[Samba would have been my pick from january,

What reallly frustrates me is that he is so Stingy with money. :( Bid a few more million and we would get the players we need

Have to say from a neutral viewpoint, this is why I miss the Arsenal of old. Players like Keown and Viera would never have allowed Arsenal to slip up so often and throw away the title the way they're doing it now. They would've pretty much got in their face, and told them to politely buck their ideas up, and play for guts and pride. I miss seeing that in Arsenal nowadays. All very well having the flair, but you need to counter that with leadership and strength. And its so obvious it's missing nowadays.

Anyone think Cesc head's been turned by Barca as he wasnt his best today i dont think :(

I think he's played almost non-stop for club and country for three years and is ******* exhausted. A player's head doesn't have to have been turned by another club just because he's lacking a little bit of form (and still managed to make several key passes forward, even if a couple were slightly overhit or whatever) and remember he was excellent against Blackpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back