Arsenal vs Shakhtar Donetsk - 19/10/2010 @ 7.45

"Wembley Wembley were the famous London Arsenal and were going to Wembley" ;)

Last edited:
"WEMBELEY WEMBELEY WERE THE FAMOUS LONDON ARSENAL AND WERE GOING TO WEMBELEY" ;)

note i have not spelled wembley wrong as in the song thats how they sing it

But it is spelt wrong.. oO) No matter if they sing it like that in the song or not.

she wore, she wore, she wore a yellow ribbon (8)

good start to the CL campaign.

Hope we avoid the bigboys until the QF/SF stage, and then we should have a full strength team+ a new GK.**

**Heres to hoping :p

Did not expect this kind of result at all, couldn't watch the game though so can't judge how poorly they played. Will have to watch highlights somewhere.

Arsenal :wub:

Did not expect this kind of result at all, couldn't watch the game though so can't judge how poorly they played. Will have to watch highlights somewhere.

Arsenal :wub:

On the contrary, dominated majority of the game.

On the contrary, dominated majority of the game.

I may be getting completely confused here, but i'm pretty sure Redrup meant how poorly Shakhtar played, as opposed to Arsenal - who "dominated the majority of the game" - unless you're being sarcastic, and I just haven't realised! :$

To be fair you would worry if Arsenal didnt dominate them at home......

To be fair you would worry if Arsenal didnt dominate them at home......

Shakhtar are a very good side. You'd expect Arsenal to beat them, yes, however they're no walkovers. If I was an Arsenal fan, I wouldn't worry if they didn't 'dominate them at home'.

Shakhtar are a very good side. You'd expect Arsenal to beat them, yes, however they're no walkovers. If I was an Arsenal fan, I wouldn't worry if they didn't 'dominate them at home'.

I'm an arsenal fan... Agree with you Ben - obviously delighted with such a heavy win (that i really didn't expect!) but i did expect a win, being at home - I still thought it would be a fairly even contest, given the way Shakhtar play football, and the amount of Brazilians...

Last edited:
I'm an arsenal fan... sort of inbetween the two points - obviously delighted with such a heavy win (that i really didn't expect!) but i did expect a win, being at home - I still thought it would be a fairly even contest, given the way Shakhtar play football, and the amount of Brazilians...

Expecting a win and expecting to dominate are two very different things.

Expecting a win and expecting to dominate are two very different things.

No, I know - that's why i said i was inbetween yours and the other post - I'll edit it because actually ik'm pretty much agreeing with you :S

No, I know - that's why i said i was inbetween yours and the other post - I'll edit it because actually ik'm pretty much agreeing with you :S

Fair enough, was just saying because Shakhtar are actually a pretty good outfit.

Fair enough, was just saying because Shakhtar are actually a pretty good outfit.

Agreed. Lots of Brazilians, play good football, and consistently reach this stage of the comp. (will also probably reach KOs) - but they were poor last night.

Agreed. Lots of Brazilians, play good football, and consistently reach this stage of the comp. (will also probably reach KOs) - but they were poor last night.

Indeed, they have a good balance and Eduardo and the resigning of Chygrynskiy has made them even more of a force. Never watched the match last night but I expect it was one of those nights for Arsenal where they score 1 or 2, and then just rip teams apart.

Indeed, they have a good balance and Eduardo and the resigning of Chygrynskiy has made them even more of a force. Never watched the match last night but I expect it was one of those nights for Arsenal where they score 1 or 2, and then just rip teams apart.

Pretty much. Soft first goal, good second before HT - Second half they just didn't turn up until they scored really...