Calum

Reaction score
BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE
1330 HRS
SKY SPORTS 1
Arsenal_1886-2011_Logo.png
200px-Logo_Sunderland.svg.png

Team News
Arsenal defenders Johan Djourou and Laurent Koscielny will return from injury, but Bacary Sagna is out until the new year with a broken leg.
Midfielder Tomas Rosicky has overcome the groin problem that prevented him from playing for the Czech Republic on Tuesday.
Sunderland full-back Phil Bardsley completes a four-game ban while The Black Cats will also be without Arsenal loanee Nicklas Bendtner, who is ineligible to face his parent club.

Injuries
Arsenal:
Thomas Vermaelen, Bacary Sagna, Jack Wilshere, Abou Diaby.
Sunderland: Fraizer Campbell, Conor Wickham, Craig Gordon

Form Guide
Arsenal
:LLWLWL
Sunderland:LDLWLD

Opta Stat
The Gunners have kept nine clean sheets in their last 13 Premier League games at the Emirates Stadium, including one in a 0-0 draw with Sunderland in March.

Match Facts
Head-to-head
Arsenal have won just one of their last six meetings with Sunderland (W1, D4, L1).
Sunderland have not won a leaguematch at Arsenal since a 2-1 win at Highbury in November 1983.

Arsenal
The Gunners have claimed seven points from their openingseven league games. It is their worse start since 1974-75, when they would alsohave had seven points at this stage had the three points for a win rule been inplace.
Arsenal players have blocked 15 shots this season, fewerthan any other Premier League side.
Arsene Wenger's side have scored 10 goals in their lastfive league games, but have lost three of those matches.

Sunderland
The Black Cats have taken six points from their firstseven games, their worst start to a season since 2005-06 when they had justfour points at the same stage and were eventually relegated with 15 points.
Sunderland scored once in theiropening three league games, but have netted eight times in their last fourmatches.
Michael Turner is set to make his 50th appearance for Sunderland.

Probable Starting XI's
Arsenal: Szczesny, Jenkinson, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Arteta, Walcott, Ramsey, Song, Gervinho, Van Persie.
Sunderland: Mignolet, Turner, Brown, Richardson, O'Shea, Cattermole, Larsson, Gardner, Elmohamady, Sessegnon, Dong-Won.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think we will win this game the score hopefully will be 2-0 Arsenal Van Persie x2 :)

OP from BBC Sport and Sky Sports

Last edited:
Hate it when these anti-Arsenal fans come in predict stupid scorelines that are never likely to happen. On a more serious note, I'm going for 2-1 Arsenal. It's way too hard for us to keep a clean sheet otherwise I'd have gone with 2-0. RvP and Gervinho with the goals, Ji Dong-won for Sunderland.

Both clubs on a poor run of form, but Sunderland are just unbelieveable poor at the moment, which is surprising with the quality they bought in the window, but Arsenal are on a bit of a barren spell too. But that being said, Arsenal (on paper anyway) will have the better squad. Going for a 3-0 Arsenal. Arteta :)wub:) Van Persie x2

Hate it when these anti-Arsenal fans come in predict stupid scorelines that are never likely to happen. On a more serious note, I'm going for 2-1 Arsenal. It's way too hard for us to keep a clean sheet otherwise I'd have gone with 2-0. RvP and Gervinho with the goals, Ji Dong-won for Sunderland.

3-2 is a stupid scoreline? :|

Arsenal to at least temporarily silence the critics with resounding 4-1 win.

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

Second one was clearly a joke with Calum...

4-0 isn't an impossible scoreline, if we defend v Sunderland like we did in the Man Utd match then we can lose by far more than 4.

But this is finally a match where I think we'll ****** the 3 points.

Can't wait for the epic duel between Bendtner and Squillaci.

Bendtner is ineligible, Squillaci is very unlikely to play.

What? No, I was envisioning them standing the the technical areas with swords. It'll be a close-run thing: Squillaci can't defend for ****, but that's fine because Bendtner misses with every swing.

Status
Not open for further replies.