Arteta for England?

hilly32

Reaction score
Mikel Arteta is eligible for England as he has been in the country for five years, I think.

So what would you do if Arteta was in the England squad?

An Example
Amuari who hasn't been capped by Brazil, is now eligible to play for Italy.

He probably won't, but its Evertons gain if Spain don't pick him!

Pretty sure he's only been there for 4 years, however Manuel Almunia is eligible for England ;)

NOOOOOOOOOO, he is not english so he shouldnt represent my country, Might soound racistm, but he aint english so he should not play. He has nothing english about him.

NOOOOOOOOOO, he is not english so he shouldnt represent my country, Might soound racistm, but he aint english so he should not play. He has nothing english about him.

What about Fletcher representing England in the future? ;)

Tha completely different, as he would be England Capt. ;)

nah i wouldnt even support him or Even Messi trying to represent my country.

Arteta will be eligible for england next year. He have not ruled out Playing for England either.

As it is looking at Spanish midfield he has got better chance in England than Spain.

Im sure he has represented Spain Under-21's so is ineligible

The home countries have a gentleman's agreement that they won't select people who haven't at least been schooled in the country. So Almunia and Arteta are unlikely to be called up for England, or are at least as likely to be called up by Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. England already get most of the Welsh players anyways /me waves to Michael Owen.

The home countries have a gentleman's agreement that they won't select people who haven't at least been schooled in the country. So Almunia and Arteta are unlikely to be called up for England, or are at least as likely to be called up by Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. England already get most of the Welsh players anyways /me waves to Michael Owen.

came in to post this, defo wont hap due to this

It will never happen, English FA would have there heads cut off by the fans. whereas in criket there is only 4 english born players in the test 11.

Hum, what would you do to the French team then?

I thought Owen was born in Chester?

depends, the only player like him we have is Joe Cole, so it'd be worth it if Joe is injured or in bad form.

I truly cannot believe how many times this has been discussed. He has been capped 47 times by Scotland for christ sake.

I'd have him biy is class, has a lot to offer.

With the injuries Spain have can't understand why he was overlooked,

Oh well

That dosnt make a difference, i should know im from ireland and we have been stealing players for years.

There is a difference though isn't there?

Ireland's 'stolen' players have family/ancestral links to the country, whereas players like Arteta/Almunia have just lived in this country for a certain period. Massive difference IMO.