Arteta would consider England

Why do those rules apply, whilst other countires such as Germany can call up 'foreigners' to their squads. Ozil is Turkish, and a number of the French players are from African countries.
ozil is as german as rooney is english to be fair, but get your point re: the rest

Why do those rules apply, whilst other countires such as Germany can call up 'foreigners' to their squads. Ozil is Turkish, and a number of the French players are from African countries.

It's because there is no 'english' passport, just a british, so this is were the agreement comes in. The home nations agreement is in place, and if it wasn't, we would end up just being one football team.

Call Up Lee Hendrie again!!

But yeah, wouldn't say its a loss to Ingerland considering we never had him eh ;)

i will resort to say what i tell everyone about this, i personly believe the biggest honour that one single person can do for this country is to fight for this country i hope we all agree. well if Arteta is allowed to fight for the country (if he choose to) than surely he should be allowed to play football for the country??

i will resort to say what i tell everyone about this, i personly believe the biggest honour that one single person can do for this country is to fight for this country i hope we all agree. well if Arteta is allowed to fight for the country (if he choose to) than surely he should be allowed to play football for the country??

Why don't he go play for Wales, he has a British passport, entitling him to play for any home nation. There is an agreement for a reason.

i will also add, although it is a different sport Martin Johnson played for New Zealand U-21s and then later went on to captain England and is now the Gaffer, Now i dare anyone to tell him that he wasen't or isen't passionate about England.

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

Why don't he go play for Wales, he has a British passport, entitling him to play for any home nation. There is an agreement for a reason.

it should be up to the lad simple as that. and im pretty sure if he had a choice he would choose England.

I wouldnt agree with it at all. In my eyes he is Spanish, and if he isnt good enough to get into the spanish team then how can he be good enough to help us become better than Spain?

wait but your talking as if spain arnt the world champs and eurp champs it is not easy to get and where are england ..... and it doesnt prove nothing look at valdes never played for spain

Just for info.....Arteta can never play for England because he did not hold a British passport when he played for Spain at youth level. Discussion over!!!!!!!

i would like him playing for us, capello isn't english, to be fair its kind of the same situation...

It's because there is no 'english' passport, just a british, so this is were the agreement comes in. The home nations agreement is in place, and if it wasn't, we would end up just being one football team.

I don't think it is this.. according to the BBC article, it's a FIFA ruling, that because he played for U17s or whatever for Spain, whilst holding a spanish, and not a british passport, he is ineligible. If he also happened to have a british passport whilst he was playing for Spain's youth, he would be eligible :'(.

How much can Sepp Blatter **** over England in one year?

racist.jpg

Sorry i've just been playing ME2 for ages

Capello is a bit fat hypocrite if you ask me, trying to insert morals on our country when he's not even from our country! Arteta is more English than he is and 25x more talented at his job, so Capello can **** right off if he is not calling him up for these reasons. What happened to "if you're good enough, you'll be picked"?