Ashley Cole named Englands player of 2010

CJACKO11

Reaction score
Chelsea and England leftback Ashley Cole has won the award for England player for 2010. In a year that will be most forgotten for England and their fans Ashley Cole became Englands most capped full back while is a dimal year managed to string together some fine performances.
http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2287706,00.html

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

One word for Cole and thats consistancy, he is so consistancy good week in week out at club level people barely notices him.

Last edited:
he is so consistancy good week in week out people barely notices his.

Well seeing as he has just been named England's best player of last year, I would love to know how you came to this conclusion?

Sound left back, fortunately he only has a couple of years left in him. Good choice too.

its more of the best of the worst
england have been woeful this past year

Can't of been hard to win last year.

The best of a bad bunch.

i thought Steven Gerrard would win it but meh

How the **** did he win it, what about Gerrard?

I think this is the right choice, he has been our most consistent player ever since Sven left, he was our best player in the WC aswell.

The best of our players in what has been a poor year for it.

Disagree with this totally. None of them deserved it but if it had to go to anyone it had to go to Gerrard.

Don't understand this decision at all.

Disagree with this totally. None of them deserved it but if it had to go to anyone it had to go to Gerrard.

Don't understand this decision at all.

how is it that hard to understand :S the rest of the team haven't been consistent, ashley cole hasn't been outstanding but he hasn't put in a single bad shift. almost every other player has.

Last edited:
Still a ****...

Best of a really really bad bunch tbh - still allowed Thomas Muller to rip him apart in Bloemfontain (sp) and didn't provide a huge amount going forward.

Not hard tbh but he's had a pretty **** 12 months from an England point of view like the rest of the squad. Probably the second best left back around. In response to what cjacko said about consistency, loads of people rave on about how good he is week in week out.

Still a ****...

Best of a really really bad bunch tbh - still allowed Thomas Muller to rip him apart in Bloemfontain (sp) and didn't provide a huge amount going forward.

One would think you would respect the lads ability and compliment him when he won a award, he was the best of a bad bunch agreed but he hardly put in a bad shift, no need to call him a **** on this thread, totally unecessary

I hate the lad, but talent wise, he's the best player from England in England at the moment, so I agree with this.

I still wish he would **** off, though.

I hate the lad, but talent wise, he's the best player from England in England at the moment, so I agree with this.

I still wish he would **** off, though.

sooner or later fights are gonna happen on this thread cos people like u make these unecessarry comments, how hard is to say you dont like him stead of saying he should **** off etc.

sooner or later fights are gonna happen on this thread cos people like u make these unecessarry comments, how hard is to say you dont like him stead of saying he should **** off etc.

Because if someone was to start a "fight" with me, I'd simply ignore them.

I say what I think, because I can.

The reason why people dont like him is because people believe his ex wife is more of a national treasure than him. Sickening endightment on the general way the english public think. He gives 100% for England every game and this has been proven with this award.