Ashley Cole named Englands player of 2010

Only person that may have deserved it over him this year is Joe Hart, but even then I think Cole was better in 2010..

Only person that may have deserved it over him this year is Joe Hart, but even then I think Cole was better in 2010..

I was thinking an outside for Joe Hart. Performed great for Birmingham and then after the shambles of the world cup he has performed solidly for England. Also been solid for city this season, displacing one of the best keepers in the PL as well

Best left back in the world last season, so certainly deserving of the award.

I was thinking an outside for Joe Hart. Performed great for Birmingham and then after the shambles of the world cup he has performed solidly for England. Also been solid for city this season, displacing one of the best keepers in the PL as well

I always wonder what our World Cup would've been like if Joe Hart started every game (did he even play a game?)

i don't remeber cole putting in match winning performances, more of a gerrard for me

I always wonder what our World Cup would've been like if Joe Hart started every game (did he even play a game?)

Green first game, he committed the 'blunder' to put it lightly and then it was James for the rest of the tournament. Wouldn't have made that much difference had hart played tbh cos he can't do much about a team that's meant to be good playing **** :)

Could've gone to either him or Stevie. Good choice, really. I remember against the germans he was actually showing effort, was showing committment in his tackles. One of few that actually showed their love for their country at the world cup.