Ask all your laptop/desktop questions here

im using a notebook msi u135dx...Will fm2011 work on this, if not, what can i do

From now on, if you want to ask about whether this laptop or that desktop is a good deal, or if it would be suitable to run FM or any other game, ask in here.

This will stop the Football Manager discussion forums from getting clogged up with threads that aren't really anything to do with the game.

Subsequent laptop/desktop threads will be closed.

:)
Can you help me please? I can run Football Manager 2011 on my laptop through steam (although my game crashes after a while), but I have a graphics error when trying to run game from the disk, yet on my pc I can play the game from the disk but not from steam.

Is this a graphics prob or something else?

Thanx:)

Can you help me please? I can run Football Manager 2011 on my laptop through steam (although my game crashes after a while), but I have a graphics error when trying to run game from the disk, yet on my pc I can play the game from the disk but not from steam.

Is this a graphics prob or something else?

Thanx:)

What sort of graphics error are you getting? Have you checked on the SI forums?

graphics

Hi,

The error comin up says " Cannot run game, failed to set up graphics system".

I played FM2010 no probs on laptop.

Hello this is my first post on this forum, although i used it for good advice when playing fm2009.

I couldnt play fm2010 on my current laptop which has this spec http://www.uktsupport.co.uk/advent/laptop/8315.htm

But im looking at getting a new one and im looking at this one http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/toshiba-satellite-c660-119-07786941-pdt.html

will it be ok for fm2011? also how well will it run the match engine and how many leagues should i be able to run comfortably? im abit worried about the graphics card but my step dad says that as its 64bit operating system rather than a 32 bit it will make the processor faster as its 2.1ghz and thats close to being borderline for the game spec

thanks in advance lads

Last edited:
are windows 7 laptops generally the better of laptops to get because thats the type im getting!? (H)​

i have a laptop and i have installed football manager on steam and i want to put it onto disk style but it knows disk is there but wont bring installer up any ideas why?

please can anyone help!!!! ive got an acer aspire one laptop it doesnt have a disc compartment but im gonna buy 1 for it...please can anyone tell me if ill be able to run fm on it...and if not what can i do???

So, I've had this current laptop for around 3/4 years and times taking it's toll on it. I'm going to start saving up for a new one, but I was just wondering which PC's would be good for Fm? I'd like it to run pretty smooth and loads a fair few league.

Any help with what PC to buy would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Pc wise you can get a 3.0GHz processor and a decent graphics card pretty cheaply nowadays.

Laptop wise you will get less performance for a similar price, maybe only 2-2.5GHz processor and a lesser graphics card

helloooo.

this one

and

this one

are the two i am looking at. to save you clicking through if you can't be bothered:

laptop 1:
dell inspiron. i3 370M processor, 2.4 ghz, 4gb ram, Integrated Media Accelerator HD graphics card, 500gb sata hard drive.

laptop 2:
sony vaio. i3 370m processor, 2.4 ghz, 4gb ram, intel HD graphics, 320gb sata hard drive.

my two wondering....ments are:
is the i3 370 processor capable of handling, say, 15-20 leagues and a nice big fat database?
are the graphics cards good enough to handle the 3d match business?

i'll be getting it in a few hours so any rapid responses appreciated :D

i've had a sony vaio for about 5 years and its served me well through various FMs, but fm11 is very herky-jerky on this ancient old beast now :D

thanking you....

How well will the following specs run say the premier league, championship and la liga?

2gb ram
2.1ghz AMD sempron processor
160gb hard drive
Windows 7

I only have the games in old school commentary as well.

All help appreciated

I don't understand, I put the disc into the laptop, then nothing happens, it just does nothing apart from caring on with its normal duties (i.e internet, mircosoft)

I don't understand, I put the disc into the laptop, then nothing happens, it just does nothing apart from caring on with its normal duties (i.e internet, mircosoft)

go to my computer, d: (or whatever your cd/dvd drive is) and run it. or else download steam first and do it through there :)

---------- Post added at 02:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 AM ----------

for those who are curious or looking at similar spec computers, see my post 3 or 4 above....

i bought the dell in the end.

it plays like a dream :D

i have about 17 leagues and 50.000 players, (medium database) and it is quick and smooth as you could wish. difference between this one and the old laptop i just replaced is incredible, not surprising given how old it was i guess.

aside from fm, it seems a very good all-rounder, nice to use, keys a little tappy but good in general.

im looking at two laptops, they have the same spec (Intel® Core™ i5-460M (2.53 GHz), Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, 4GB, Hard drive: 500 GB) but one has an Intel HD graphics while the other has a NVIDIA GeForce GT 420M however the latter is £100 more, is it worth £100 more for the better graphics card?

Well it means you can upgrade the graphics card in a few years when its outdated, which you wont be able to do with the integrated graphics (intel hd)

Intel HD integrated graphics will run FM2011's 3d match engine to an acceptable level, so if you only want the laptop for FM, its worth considering.

Last edited:
hi i have a dell inspiron laptop,was just wondering if i could upgrade my graphics at all?

Please Help!!

My laptop has decided to stop working so Im using my old one for now. It is an Acer Aspire One. I originally downloaded the game from Steam on my now broken laptop and it worked fine, but having installed it on the Acer, when I go to play the game, it says it is already running but nothing happens. The game basically doesnt load. Im not at all technical but could the problem be that the graphics card on this is an INTEL 945 Express Chipset? I dont know what else it could be. If this is the issue, is there a way around it? Could I upgrade? Please advise, going out of my mind....