Ask all your laptop/desktop questions here

What do people mean by saying , how many leauges can it run ?
Can someone care to explain plz.

What do people mean by saying , how many leauges can it run ?
Can someone care to explain plz.

The more powerful a processor you have, the more nations you can load, meaning more leagues, more players and a larger DB.

Of course if you have a 1.8GHz processor, there is nothing to stop you from loading 20 nations, with lets say 3-4 leagues for each nation, but the game will run mind numbingly slowly.

Duo core or quad
I guys i built a pc a year ago now but since i couldn't afford to buy a processor, iv been using my old pentium 4 to play football manager, it was decent but just not enjoyable. Now am ready to get 1 nd i want the max speed possible on fm so i can finally be able to load up as many league as i want and still get max speed lol, so my question is, will i be able to do that with a duo core or do i have to get a quad? by the way am not a hardcore pc gamer, only game i play on pc is fm. Thanks

Am only looking to spend 150 -200 pounds on a processor, i will checking ebay first if i will be lucky to get a used or cheap 1 b4 i think or buying a brand new 1

Make sure you get a Dual Core or Quad Core, rather than a Core Duo. Despite sounding similar, there is a large difference.

Mac... or PC for FM?

I'm currently running on my MacBook, but I was wondering which would run it faster or would similar spec machines run at very similar speeds?

Hi

do you think this would work for FM 2011 ?

Inspiron M101z
AMD Athlon II Neo K325 (Dual Core) Processor
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English
11.6" WLED (1366 x 768) HD TFT Display with TrueLife™
Integrated ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 4225
4096MB 1333MHz Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM [2x2048]
320GB (7,200rpm) Serial ATA Hard Drive

id like to play but dont need the 3d match engine

FM2011 keeps crashing on my laptop, its fine on my PC. I removed all added graphics but it keeps crashing. Specs are plenty high enough except graphics which are 1and half stars on the 3d match engine, is this why? its not only on 3d match view that it crashes though so I don't think it's that..

Never mind! I switched the 3d graphics to low detail instead of auto, seems to have fixed it...for now!

Last edited:
how do u restore a dell studio 1535 laptop back to factory settings

hwy guys, im looking at gettin a dell laptop, but im not at all clued up about laptops and what makes them good, price range between 500 700 pounds, and also, i have FM installed on my laptop via steam, with the new laptop can i just download of steam again? cheers in advance

hello,

is it possible to play football manager on ubuntu? or just windows or mac?

how do u restore a dell studio 1535 laptop back to factory settings
Your laptop should have come with a disc with Dell's version of Windows on it. Just boot from the disk and reinstall. To boot from the disk you will probably have to change your laptop's boot order. To do this, when your laptop is booting up you should see something like 'Press 'X' to enter setup'. X will usually be F2 or Delete. Regardless, google will tell you if you search ;)

hwy guys, im looking at gettin a dell laptop, but im not at all clued up about laptops and what makes them good, price range between 500 700 pounds, and also, i have FM installed on my laptop via steam, with the new laptop can i just download of steam again? cheers in advance
If you are looking at Dell, I'd look at the XPS line.

hello,

is it possible to play football manager on ubuntu? or just windows or mac?
You will probably be able to do it through Wine, but I'm not sure how well it would work/how stable it is as I haven't tried it.

I have bought the FM 2011 recently and i've installed it on my laptop...which is sony vaio 1 month old...but it doesn't work because it says my display needs to be 64 bits colour...and mine is only 32(true colour)
What can i do about this?
The provider doesn't know what to do either.....

ONLINE CROSS PLATFORM (PC to MAC)

Hello

Straightforward question...hopefully...

Just bought an iMac. Never played FM before. Can i play my friends online who have it on there PC's?

RSVP as looking to purchase before Amazon put there price up!

my current computer is dying so i'm getting a new laptop. i have a budget of £700 and it needs to be good enough to run fm. i'll appreciate it if it's from pc world or currys.

Hi everyone, i'd like to know how good fm2011 will run on this laptop (MSI GE700): http://skinflint.co.uk/eu/a522387.html I want to buy this one very soon and would like to run at least the german third division and two or three first division leagues. Is the Intel Core I3 too slow for this?? Thanks in advance!

Problems with mouse

Can someone help me. I'm running first time fm on my lap top and everything works fine except the mouse flickers all the time?