Ask all your laptop/desktop questions here

just brought a HP laptop the other day and i put football manager in and it covers the whole of page so like when you do a screen print you cant get back to the internet very well.

Sounds like you used to have the screen windowed? If you go to Preferences, display, and then change the screen size to windowed you will be able to do all of that like before.

Sounds like you used to have the screen windowed? If you go to Preferences, display, and then change the screen size to windowed you will be able to do all of that like before.
done that it its now works thank you

Is this Laptop good enough to run Football Manager 2011

Acer Aspire 5742Z

Processor: Intel Pentium CPU P6200 @2.13GHz
INTEL HD GRAPHICS
3 GB DDR3 memory
500GB hard drive
B1Ob0AAfmUZ3AAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Last edited:
Is it possible to uninstall Windows Media Player from my laptop? If yes, is it advisable?

Is it possible to uninstall Windows Media Player from my laptop? If yes, is it advisable?

Yes & Yes

Go into your add/remove programs and then you'll find it under Add/Remove Windows Features

Yes & Yes

Go into your add/remove programs and then you'll find it under Add/Remove Windows Features

On my computer it says Turn on/Turn off Windows features. I assume that's the same thing?

Could Someone suggest a good laptop to run fm thats around £350?

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

????

Hey all, I just got a new laptop, it has infinitely better specs in all regards than my old laptop, but it crashes almost everytime it tries to go to a match. I'm using the exact same skin and logo pack from my previous laptop and I never once had this problem. Is this a regular occurrence for anyone else and is there a known cure?

Also, for some reason my mouse can't scroll on this new laptop as well, something that I never had a problem with on my old laptop

Looking at buying a new PC for uni and FM, i don't want a laptop, cos they have been really unreliable for me in the past and even on 3GB ram, i can only load about 15k players... i also want a PC where i can edit videos, as i'm doing a media course, the program i'm using is Sony Vegas, so i'll need a computer that can do complex video and photo editing easily, like an apple mac, not very slow on the graphics side. So i've got some computers here, and i don't know which one to choose, which is the best value for money, and what will work best? (i'm not bothered about hard drive size, as i have a 1TB external drive atm that is pretty much empty)

ACER M3979 Desktop PC - Black buy online | Currys (this one's £499 with a voucher)
PACKARD BELL iXtreme 16525UK Refurbished Desktop PC | Dixons |
ADVENT DT1310 Desktop PC at cheap prices | PC World (i can get this one for £549 with a voucher code)

i am having a strabge problem,after formatting my pc,when i reinstalled the game.everything was ok except in the league table,beside the tab of view,the TAB SAYING YEAR IS MISSING,and after the first season i cannot play any league games........heelpppppppp plssssssssss

this is not for Fm but my older threads have dissapeared...

new system specs:

i5 Sandy Bridge 2500k Quad core 3.3Ghz (got top awards in the PcFormat magazine this month)
Asus P8P67 Pro Mobo (got top awards in the PcFormat magazine this month)
Geforce GT430 1gb DDR 3 128bit GPU (going to upgrade in the near future with another card...)

I am still busy researching my pc upgrade and would like to ask the following:

should I go for this Dominator RAM 2x2gb DDR3 1600 for twice the price of the Vengence RAM (same specs) or should I just get two of these = 8bg for the same amount as the 4gb module?

Corsair CMP4GX3M2C1600C7 Dominator 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 | Landmark PC | Online Computer Sales South Africa
Corsair CMZ4GX3M2A1600C9 Vengeance 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 | Landmark PC | Online Computer Sales South Africa

this is not for Fm but my older threads have dissapeared...

new system specs:

i5 Sandy Bridge 2500k Quad core 3.3Ghz (got top awards in the PcFormat magazine this month)
Asus P8P67 Pro Mobo (got top awards in the PcFormat magazine this month)
Geforce GT430 1gb DDR 3 128bit GPU (going to upgrade in the near future with another card...)

I am still busy researching my pc upgrade and would like to ask the following:

should I go for this Dominator RAM 2x2gb DDR3 1600 for twice the price of the Vengence RAM (same specs) or should I just get two of these = 8bg for the same amount as the 4gb module?

Corsair CMP4GX3M2C1600C7 Dominator 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 | Landmark PC | Online Computer Sales South Africa
Corsair CMZ4GX3M2A1600C9 Vengeance 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 | Landmark PC | Online Computer Sales South Africa

‪Biggest Minecraft EXPLOSION - NO LAG *** SUPER COMPUTER‬‏ - YouTube

You should get what he's got. ;)

hey, can someone help me, when i start a new game and i get to the screen where you select the countries, (idk what its called), its all blurred and i cant select the countries i want, please personal message me if u have help thanks !!!

Embarrassed to ask but how can i get a screenshot from my game onto here? i would love to start my own fm2011 story but cant do it without screenshots :)

Alright guys?

I'll be buying FM 2012 this year and I'll need a laptop/PC desktop which would have no problems in running FM12 - hence I'd like your suggestions via link if there's any laptops OR 'preferably pc desktops' that would have no problem in running the FM12 game? Doesn't have to be a 'gaming deskptop' just need desktop which would run the FM12 smoothly.

A PC desktop under the price of £400-500 which would have no problem in running the game would be ideal and if there's laptops too then feel free to share although PC desktop are my main target.

Thanks guys.

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

Views on this? And whether it would run FM12 smoothly?
Dell Inspiron 15R 5010-8534

Any other direct links of computers/laptops then please share, thanks!

Is it possible to run FM 2011 at a decent speed on a netbook or notebook please help.