Ask all your laptop/desktop questions here

My current laptop specs are - Its a Old HP one

• Intel Pentium M Proc.
  • 1.6GHz, 512MB RAM
  • 40GB HD, 12.1 TFT, W2K
When ever i try and even play any FM demo is struggles to cope so i have not bought the game in years and have now decided to buy a new one. The specs on the new one is a toshiba c660
CPU and Memory:

• Intel Pentium T4500.
  • 2.3GHz processor speed.
  • 3GB memory.
  • 500GB hard drive.
With the new one should FM run smoothly and not freeze and stick. Cheers

My current laptop specs are - Its a Old HP one

• Intel Pentium M Proc.
  • 1.6GHz, 512MB RAM
  • 40GB HD, 12.1 TFT, W2K
When ever i try and even play any FM demo is struggles to cope so i have not bought the game in years and have now decided to buy a new one. The specs on the new one is a toshiba c660
CPU and Memory:

• Intel Pentium T4500.
  • 2.3GHz processor speed.
  • 3GB memory.
  • 500GB hard drive.
With the new one should FM run smoothly and not freeze and stick. Cheers

That will run FM easily without any problems! My laptop specs are half of them and mine has never ever crashed, even with 25+ leagues.

That will run FM easily without any problems! My laptop specs are half of them and mine has never ever crashed, even with 25+ leagues.

Thanks for the quick reply, i will finally be able to play FM without the frustrations of it crashing and freezing only the frustrations of my team not winning to deal with :( lol

I have the disc version of fm2011 (bought only a few days ago). I can install the game, but no game icon comes up on my desktop or in my start menu. Is there an underlying problem, or is it just my laptop?

It's a Samsung R530 with Windows7 and Intel Celeron.

Thank you for your sharing,Chokopop.Usually, budget machines are bland and brick-like. But with its textured imprint finish, the matte-black Presario CQ62 has a somewhat stylish look. And at 5.5 pounds and measuring just1.4 inches thick, it’s notably compact given the low price and large screen.

Help me, please. Thank you !
img.php

http://picbg.net/img.php?file=5841b0e2ec5bd385.png

hello
thanks for suggestion for this site.It s a software developer leeds
You'll need a matching connection to plug into your laptop.When you share the drives on your laptop by right clicking.All you need is the high speed internet.

i downloaded the prem logos and extracted them in the right file and ****, i go to the game unclick the load chalche button or what ever its called, then click the reload on confirm, then reload the thingy and i go to the game and none of the logos are there not even one of them.

HELP ME PLEASE i cant play in the premiership if i dont have the logos, i hate it!!!!!!!

hey could someone help me with FM?? i installed version 11.3 but now this ask me for CD, and i don't know how to do....

i tryed to use daemon tools but i can't find the right paste necessary...

who can help me?

When I plug my charger into my laptop, it only works when held in a certain position. Any help?

ok so after checking alot of posts on various websites about what would be a good laptop to play FM 2011 and checking for system spec i bought Dell - Inspiron Laptop / Intel® Core™ i5 Processor :

Processor
Intel® Core™ i5

Processor Speed
2.93GHz

<LI class=banded>Battery Type
6-cell lithium-ion

Display Type
High-definition WLED (1366 x 768)

<LI class=banded>Screen Size (Measured Diagonally)
15.6"

Cache Memory
3MB

<LI class=banded>System Memory (RAM)
8GB

Type of Memory (RAM)
DDR3 SDRAM

<LI class=banded>Hard Drive Type
SATA (5400 rpm)

Computer Hard Drive Size
750GB

<LI class=banded>Optical Drive
DVD±RW/Blu-ray Disc/CD-RW

Optical Drive Speeds
Drive speeds not specified

<LI class=banded>Direct-Disc Labeling
No

Digital Media Reader or Slots
Yes, digital media card reader

<LI class=banded>Graphics
Intel® HD

TV Tuner
No

MPEG
Yes

Now i just wanna know how good this laptop is and if anyone knows how FM 2011 will run on it and give me examples of how many leagues it migght run and whether it would be able to hold up with a large database.... also i know that the graphics card is probably not the best but it is an HD... so please can anyone let me know how good this comp is... my budget eas going to be $500 but i figuered hey i might as well get something good for once... it cost me $799 plus tax of course

Hi guys, this is my first post here! :)

I'm planning to get a laptop and I'm wondering if I can get any advice here.

I will be using the laptop to take to university to do work (mainly Microsoft Office 2010) so it must be light and preferably no larger than 14inch monitor size. It must also have fairly long battery life (at least 5-6 hours).

Of course, it must be able to run FM 2011 smoothly. I will be running the English, Spanish, French, German and Italian leagues with a medium/large database and using the 3D match view. I won't expect the game to run without lag but it has to be playable.

What sort of parts should my laptop have? I want the minimum required parts to meet my expectations because I do not have much money to spend on the laptop. Also, I had problems with overheating with my old laptop because of a high profile graphic card, so having no graphic card at all is also an option if it's enough to use the 3D match view without lag. Having an SSD instead of HDD is also an option if it helps reduce battery use and decrease loading speed etc.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: I live in Japan so I probably won't be able to buy the computers you recommend me, so please just tell me what parts I should think about having on my laptop.

Last edited:
Yes, I think that it's very important to buy a laptop with fairly long battery life . I'm now studying in the university. I'd love to studying and reading books in the library. Then I find it's troublesome, if I must to find the power supply. First I concerned of buying Apple,but then I feel it's so complicate for me to use. Now I buy HP. The price is what I concerned of . HP is cheaper. But I'm now used to using it.

hi everyone, my pc is useless when it comes to running fm 11 so I need a laptop plus uni work and that but yeah I was looking at

Toshiba C660 320GB 15.6 Inch Laptop

could anyone tell me if this will run fm well, the specs are:

Toshiba C660 320GB 15.6 Inch Laptop - Black.

CPU and Memory:

• Intel Core i3 380M.
  • 2.53GHz processor speed.
  • 2GB DDR3 RAM memory.
  • 320GB SATA hard drive.
Display features:

• 15.6in widescreen display.
  • High definition display.
  • Resolution 1366 x 768 pixels.
DVD optical drives:

• Dual layer.
Graphics:

• Shared graphics.
  • Intel GMA with HD graphics card.
Interfaces and connectivity:

• Secure Digital (SD), Multi-Media Card (MMC) compatible.
  • 2 USB ports.
  • 1 Ethernet port.
  • B/g/n wireless/WiFi enabled.
Multi-media features:

• 0.3MP built-in webcam.
  • Built-in mic.
  • Built-in sound system.
Operating system and software:

• Microsoft Windows 7 Premium.
Preloaded manufacturers suite of applications include:

• Music.
  • Photo.
  • Movie.
  • Business.
  • Tuition.
  • Gaming.
General features:

• Up to 5.15 hours battery life.
  • Size H3.56, W25.4, D38.05cm.
  • Weight 2.3kg.
sorry for the super long post :)

Hi guys/girls & experts.

I am using a very old (2006) Dell Inspiron 1300 with (single) Pentium M Processor 1.70 Ghz, 512 MB, 40GB HD and 6 cell 56Whr Primary battery. The spec is poor and outdated. I cannot use 3D and cannot load more than a few leagues (always on half star whatever I do). The battery lasts about 1 hour.

I am looking to buy a new laptop mainly for FM 2011 and internet use. I don't use it for any other games. Budget from around 400-600 GBP.

HP seem to have great options with high spec and good pricing. For example HP Pavilion dv6-3103sa, Pavilion dv6-3110sa, Pavilion dv6-3142ea. But I am no IT expert and the choice even just from HP is overwhelming.

Would these examples be good or should I go higher up the scale? Or should I be looking at other brands? The laptop I purchase would not be upgraded for a few years at least.

Key requirements are:

Processor: I believe having a fast processor is key to enjoying the game. Is Quad Core such as AMD Phenom 11 much better than any Dual Core? How does this Quad Core compare to i3/i5 or i7 options?

Battery Life: I am stuck in Africa and need about 4 hour battery life as we have daily powercuts & bad internet connection so I must always play with disc in drive. Does that kind of battery life reduce the speed of the processor?

HDD: 500GB or 640GB SATA?

RAM memory: Should I need 4GB?

Graphics: Never having used 3D so would like to have this feature available. What should I look at here?

I want to enjoy the game the way it is intended and any advice gratefully received.

Thanks so much.

Last edited: