Ask uncle MAD (Uncle MAD's box of choccys)

Surely you would love to see Leeds back in the premiership as this would guarantee at least 2 cup finals a season for you !!!

Ive had enuff of those (real ones) ...

So to sum up Attributes of players are key regardless of what scouts and *** manager say and play a formation that the opponent don't like to play against. Finally watch and react.

Marching on together.

Well its not so simple (because eg young players with good pa will give you a lot of matches playing better than their stats) but generally yes.

Rotation is very important. In FM you must NEVER rotate whole 11 (to play only youngsters in their stead) and as to rotation I mention ideas previously ...

Ive had enuff of those (real ones) ...

Well its not so simple (because eg young players with good pa will give you a lot of matches playing better than their stats) but generally yes.

Rotation is very important. In FM you must NEVER rotate whole 11 (to play only youngsters in their stead) and as to rotation I mention ideas previously ...

For a Manc I suppose your ok!!!

But seriously really appreciate your help on this mate. Just one more thing if you don't mind. I have created 3 formations a 4-4-2 4-1-2-2-1 and a 5-4-1 as I find these are the formations my opposition don't like to face. I have not set any team or player instructions on these as I'm not really sure what works. I know this is wrong but I can't seem to get anything to work to be honest. What I tend to do is look at the match odds and pick my mentality on this i.e heavy favourite attacking heavy underdog defensive.

I know my players are good for the level I'm playing according to their stats but still struggle. Do I keep changing the mentality on each game or can I go on where I'm predicted to finish in the league ie. if I'm one of the better teams in the league play attacking?

The other thing is I don't really know whether to play my players in their best position or not. As I'm playing in conference level my player stats are not great so I would be have a complete back 4 as limited defenders.

Really appreciate your help on this.

Ian

Last edited:
For a Manc I suppose your ok!!!

Well, thank you!!!:p

But seriously really appreciate your help on this mate. Just one more thing if you don't mind. I have created 3 formations a 4-4-2 4-1-2-2-1 and a 5-4-1 as I find these are the formations my opposition don't like to face. I have not set any team or player instructions on these as I'm not really sure what works. I know this is wrong but I can't seem to get anything to work to be honest. What I tend to do is look at the match odds and pick my mentality on this i.e heavy favourite attacking heavy underdog defensive.

Not setting up any team/player instructions is not necessarily "wrong" mate as the formations/philosophy you choose has them inbuilt.

I know my players are good for the level I'm playing according to their stats but still struggle. Do I keep changing the mentality on each game or can I go on where I'm predicted to finish in the league ie. if I'm one of the better teams in the league play attacking?

Mentality is one of the many things you can change mate. But lets take what you say as an example to show you how you should be thinking. You ask whether its good to be attacking if you are the better team. Well if you are the better team the opposition will know it also and seek to exploit stuff based on it. Im pretty sure that the default opposition mode is to seek to exploit space you leave behind you when you attack/press. So the opposition may well try to draw you in and hit you on the counter attack. You have two choices: play attacking and/or high pressing with high tempo and direct passes but try to negate strong counter attacks (ie OIs on the wingers/wbs/fbs to tackle hard, close down always and weaker foot plus possibly any specific marking instructions). Or you can chose control, patience, retain possession, slow build up.

What I do is I choose one approach based on scouting reports, what I personally know about a team (any previous encounters help), from looking at their squad etc and give my approach 20minutes to see if it works. I watch match on extended and if I dont like what I see I then change for another 10 minutes and then again I evaluate stuff.

The other thing is I don't really know whether to play my players in their best position or not. As I'm playing in conference level my player stats are not great so I would be have a complete back 4 as limited defenders.

The tactics are much more important than having players playing in wrong positions. If your tactics are good you can carry up to two players playing in alien positions. Many times I was forced to substitute a GK for an attacker only to see the "GK" then score.

There's no easy way in FM the same as with real football. Its a trial error thing at best. What I would suggest you do is to start a save (parallel to your main save) where you test stuff. I suggest Brazilian leagues cos of the State Championships which no BOD thinks much of and thus matches are glorified friendlies against mainly inferior opposition ...

Bumped for anyone who may need the info contained in it ...

Good work,

Not after any advice as im a tactical genius *cough* i wish *cough*

Just wana say its good to see people giving back to the community!

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!

'Steven Gerrard shows Mario Balotelli how it's done by refusing to swap shirts after Liverpool's defeat by Real Madrid...45 minutes after the Italian grabbed Pepe's top,' is the headline on MailOnline. Note the pointed words 'the Italian'; English folk would never swap shirts.

The Mail even caption an image of Gerrard pointing towards the tunnel with the words 'Gerrard gestures that he wants to get down the tunnel as his former team-mate Arbeloa talks to him'.

No fellas, Gerrard was gesturing that he would swap shirts in the tunnel - exactly where 'the Italian' had swapped shirts 45 minutes earlier. Arbeloa (the Spanish) later posed with the shirt on his lap.