Associazione Calcio Milan Thread- ALL things red and black.

Reaction score
Being as myself and Joe, along with one or two others, keep going off on tangents in other threads as regards our shared love for Milan; it only seemed fitting to have a thread up on them for separate discussion.

Same SP as the other club threads (ANYTHING and EVERYTHING related to the Rossoneri), except this one is for a club that dwarfs everything else on this page of the forum. Certainly in the key facet of those big silvery things. (Smiles at Joe. ;).).

So feel free to add at your leisure.

Glamour friendly against Madrid today at 1 PM BST.

And I'll start by adding this OP from a FM story I still need to get around to putting up (started it as a save and I'm just into the season. Just don't seem to get the time to play these days :() ; but which explains my love for that magical football club in Northern Italy:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2015-manager-stories/306815-reviving-rossoneri-26-year-love-affair-ac-milan.html

F
ORZA MILAN!

Never saw that you had that other thread! What an incredible write up about how you became fond of Milan :)

Wish I could watch the game at 1, though I feel we will be outclassed by Madrid.

Hope Calabria gets another run out, he has impressed me a lot the few times I've watched him.

Would also be good if Bacca and Adriano could start together up top, though I wouldn't expect too much from them yet specially vs Madrid!

Thanks man. Appreciated.

And as I'm pretty much free this avvi', I shall watch the game for you. :p.

..... Have you seen the designs for the new Milan stadium?

Yeah. Not sure where I stand on that.

Milan not at the San Siro just seems unthinkable. But then when it's under half empty as it's been on WAY too many occasions in recent season's it neither justify's it's upkeep and looks wretched as a spectacle with banks of empty seats. A full San Siro is spectacular. a San Siro with 30/40 K in it, or even worse for the Copa games; not so much.

I can see the logic through a financial POV. And Juve have certainly shown the way there by going smaller and controlling all their own finances. But 42,000? With Bee's involvement about to become official, and all the extra resources that brings to hopefully propel Milan back to where they belong, surely they should be looking at bigger than that?

Mixed views on this.

Yeah. Not sure where I stand on that.

Milan not at the San Siro just seems unthinkable. But then when it's under half empty as it's been on WAY too many occasions in recent season's it neither justify's it's upkeep and looks wretched as a spectacle with banks of empty seats. A full San Siro is spectacular. a San Siro with 30/40 K in it, or even worse for the Copa games; not so much.

I can see the logic through a financial POV. And Juve have certainly shown the way there by going smaller and controlling all their own finances. But 42,000? With Bee's involvement about to become official, and all the extra resources that brings to hopefully propel Milan back to where they belong, surely they should be looking at bigger than that?

Mixed views on this.

Know exactly what you mean. The new plans look quite weird too.... I sort of like it and sort of don't!

Hows the game going?

Goalless half time. Competitive without really producing much.

Saying that, even in a friendly, there's just something real special about seeing the all whites and the red and black yer know? And the crowd is awesomely brilliant and hilarious. I'd say it's a 50/ 50 split (completely full); but it's the chanting that's funny. They've obviously learnt all the Milan songs in Italian and are belting them out. Coming from the Chinese, it really is hilarious and brilliant at the same time.

Niang has been real lively. Great to see him back in the fold. He's given Pepe and Varane all sorts of problems. Totally over shadowed the again woeful Cerci playing alongside him. Mihajlovic's rigorous work ethic is paying off and they look far fitter in the sheering Shanghai humidity. The closing down and work rate has been impressive. Just not too great in possession with the midfield of both teams non-existent. Suso a disappointing passenger again. Lopez hasn't had anything to do as Ronaldo, Bale and Benzema have barely had a kick which is promising.

Oh, and Madrid will HATE Rafa. His mark is already apparent as Madrid have 5/6 back almost ALL the time.

Hopefully we get to see Bacca and Adriano second half.

*Edit* Bacca and Adriano against Ramos and Pepe second half. Just what we wanted to see. Likes of Honda, Isco and Kroos on in midfield too so that should make that area better. Ronaldo and Bale still on.

Last edited:
Yeah as long Matri doesn't come on the pitch....god I hate watching that useless goon haha.

Nice to hear Niang doing well, I quite rate him and think he could do well in the right system with a run of games.

Great pace from both teams the first 15 minutes the second half. Interesting to see how long they keep it up in this heat. Much better game now with the subs. Madrid look a lot better.

Bacca just had a wonderful half volley brilliantly saved on the hour mark.

Both teams want to win this mini tourney.

Have we really just put a 16 year old keeper in the net to stop the likes of Ronaldo and co haha.

And he potentially has a penno shootout to contend with too!

6'5 16, that's SIXTEEN year old 'keeper now in nets for Milan the last 10 minutes or so. Just HOW tall will he end up? Man alive.

Barca just missed a sitter after doing all the hard work.

*Edir* Lol, beat me Joe.

Jesus he could still get taller.... What a unit!

Does he looks all gangly? All elbows and knees? haha

Ah well, Bacca just knocking off the ring (pitch) rust!!

Is the match any good?

Jesus he could still get taller.... What a unit!

Does he looks all gangly? All elbows and knees? haha

Ah well, Bacca just knocking off the ring (pitch) rust!!

Is the match any good?

Been better second half but not many chances either side TBH. Competitive and a good work out but not too much else to take. Bacca will score goals. Nothing from Adriano but it's well early days yet. The fitness and work rate is a LOT better though so as soon as they get the new system down it should be a lot better. Let's say it's promising without being spectacular.

Just finished 0-0 so penalty's. That has to be a bonus right? Taking a much stronger Madrid to pens and holding them to one or two half chances all game. Your mate Matri come on for the last exactly EIGHT seconds of the game for Mexes. Must be one of the penalty takers lol.

And yeah, the kids wafer thin and towering in the nets. Like Crouch with gloves lol.

I'd rather ****** Mexes take pennos, hes not shy of a goal haha.

Oh well hopefully he can fill out, be amazing if he managed to saved a few and Milan won!

I'd rather ****** Mexes take pennos, hes not shy of a goal haha.

Oh well hopefully he can fill out, be amazing if he managed to saved a few and Milan won!

**** of an experience for him just being involved with this tour. To actually get on he must be on the preverbal cloud 9. Great story.

Number 99 lol.

**** of an experience for him just being involved with this tour. To actually get on he must be on the preverbal cloud 9. Great story.

Number 99 lol.

Ronaldos number when he joined us if I remember correctly haha.

If Matri is the only one to miss I'll probably just find it hilarious

*Edit, just saw he scored as I hit post haha. Stupid slow ticker thing

SAVED THE 5th after being sent the wrong way on the first 4. Great save as well from Kroos, LMAO. Boys own stuff.

4-4. (Bacca wide.) Sudden Death .....

SAVED THE 5th after being sent the wrong way on the first 4. Great save as well from Kroos, LMAO. Boys own stuff.

4-4. (Bacca wide.) Sudden Death .....

It's quite sad how exited I am at work sneakily following the pennos haha

When i saw it was going to keepers taking pens I knew just what would happen, poor lad!

When i saw it was going to keepers taking pens I knew just what would happen, poor lad!

Yeah, it was written wasn't it? But what a moment for him all the same. And to save Kroos' pen. He won't ever forget that.

Just need to beat Munich next week and face Madrid again for hm to get his revenge now ha ha.