Aston Villa in 2040 (The Full Story)

crippycooke

Reaction score
Hello my name is Crip Cooke and as an avid Villa fan I started an Aston Villa save as my first game on fm11. My love for the club has led me to continue season after season regardless of success and failure. I am currently in the year 2040 and have won 23 League Titles, 22 Community Shields, 13 Fa Cups, 16 League Cups, 10 Champions League Trophies, 6 European Super Cups, 10 Club World Championships, Euro 2036 (with Italy) & won the Confederations Cup 2037 (also with Italy). I've been named manager of the year 15 times in my tenure at Villa and have amassed 2140 Hall of Fame points.I've been through it all with Villa even surviving after bankrupting the club in my early years and being forced to sell half of my first team due to high wages and the boardrooms sudden financial cuts .I also had my own stadium built in my name back in 2023 too. Ill post some pictures up of my successes and failures as this is my longest ever FM that I've ever done. I'm open to any questions or queries you may have about my Villa game, or if you have done the same with your team. This is my first thread so no trolls.

Last edited:
My Current 1st Team Squad

GK: Juan Merida
DR: Mustapha
DL: Rafael
DC: Roland Cisse
DC: Claudio Abate
DMC: Matias Graciani
MC: Nicolas Meza
MC: Giampiero Marini
AMC: Giles Gerber
FC: Mauro
FC: Cristian

I can rarely go longer than a season or 2....Fair play 'Sir Crip Cooke'!

Get some shots of how you did each season :)

My First 10 Seasons

This is my first decade as Villa manager. On season 2014 I finished top of the League but was deducted 9 points due to my financial situation so therefore was 4th. This also includes my infamous 2019-20 season where I only conceded 9 goals in the premier league all season.

Last edited:
2021-2030

My season standings from 2021-2030 with my infamous 2029-30 season where I finally went a whole season unbeaten

Nice one. :)

Do you not have a problem with the lack homegrown players in your team when you're playing in Europe though? Or do you have a lot in your reserve players?

Can you post a screenie of your full team, please?

Homegrown Problem

70% of my team I have signed when they were 15 & 16 years old so therefore now they are all homegrown players. I'll post some pictures up and show you. Remember homegrown qualifies as having a player train IN England for 3 years before hes 21 regardless of nationality.

Last edited:
Aw, nice one.

Looks like you have some future there too :)

did you actually become "sir" or just call yourself that?

what has happened to my beloved ipswich town??? :(

umm sir crippycoke what training do you use to get your players that good

congratulations, nice career. which training do you use?

Training Schedules

Regens have the potential to be better than the original players on FM11 aka Giles Gerber is the best player on the game and better than any player at the start of FM11 like Messi, Ronaldo, Rooney, Torres etc. Yes the training does play a massive part as you will see in the pictures.

Fullbacks: Marking, Tackling, Anticipation, Concentration, Positioning, Teamwork, Work Rate, Acceleration, Stamina

Centre Backs: Heading, Marking, Tackling, Concentration, Composure, Decisions, Determination, Positioning, Jumping, Strength

Defensive Midfield: Marking, Tackling, Concentration, Decisions, Positioning, Teamwork, Work Rate, Acceleration, Stamina, Strength

Advanced Playmaker: Dribbling, First Touch, Passing, Technique, Anticipation, Creativity, Decisions, Flair, Off The Ball, Teamwork

Poacher: Dribbling, Finishing, First Touch, Anticipation, Composure, Off The Ball, Acceleration, Agility, Balance, Pace

Those are the stats to focus heavily on to mould your player to those positions and they are the only ones I use because I don't use wingers.
Using the training schedules here are the schedules i use and what specific parts they train on a player:

Strength - Work Rate, Strength, Stamina, Natural Fitness
Attacking - Crossing, Passing, Creativity
Aerobic - Acceleration, Agility, Balance, Jumping, Pace
Shooting - Finishing, Long Shots, Composure
Tactics - Anticipation, Decisions, Off The Ball, Positioning, Team Work
Ball Control - Dribbling, First Touch, Heading, Flair, Technique
Defending - Marking, Tackling, Concentration

did you actually become "sir" or just call yourself that?

what has happened to my beloved ipswich town??? :(

I called myself that because I was getting my own ground and thought the "Sir" was a nice touch. Can't bring myself to get rid of it now.

I would LOVE to see your biography :)
I also now feel inspired to do a long term save.

wow, amazing mate! I could never motivate myself to play for that long as I get bored after 5 seasons. What patch is this save on?