Aston Villa - Returning The Villains to glory

catch325

Reaction score
Aston Villa - Breaking hearts, and breaking records...

Please Note: This save takes place in an edited database, in which I have made changes to emulate the start of the 2016/17 season. These include sacking Wenger, Martinez and van Gaal, moving Conte to Chelsea, and promoting/relegating teams from the PL and Championship including Aston Villa.

View attachment 1047583

BREAKING NEWS - Villa hire Clark

The Aston Villa board have moved to replace Eric Black as manager of the club. Randy Lerner, who has been unable to sell the club since their relegation from the Premier League, has moved to inject some youth and enthusiasm to the back room staff after several years of misery for the fans. The new manager is 26 year old James Clark, who signs a one year deal with the club.

The young manager faced a barrage of questions from the media at his unveiling, and he did his best to calm the Villa faithful. "I realise that some fans might be concerned by my age, but I can assure them I am the right man for the job. I want to play attractive, attacking football, and return this club to the topflight as soon as physically possible." He went on to say the club has suffered for a number of years due to mismanagement, and his first job was to clear out some of the deadwood in the club.

Lerner and the Villa board have been reluctant to back the new man with too much in the way of transfer funds, and it is believed the new manager will be forced to sell players before he can buy.

Last edited:
View attachment 155443

TheVillaBlogger - Clark's First Weeks

It's been an interesting couple of weeks for the new man in charge at Villa Park. Within 72 hours a host of new back room staff had been appointed to replace those who worked under Sherwood and Black last season. Clark insists the new-look staff will boost the quality of training at the club, and help players to progress. This kind of change is to be expected when a new man steps into the fold, and it shows his willingness to stamp his name on the club.

A host of rumours have surrounded the future of some players, with many fans disappointed with the performances of players like Agbonlahor and Lescott from last season. With the new guy in need of funds, many eyes have been on him as he looks to part with players to reinvest in the team. Clark has managed to part with three players so far, with Kieran Richardson joining Brighton for £1m, Gabby Agbonlahor joining Palace for £6m, and Bacuna joining fellow relegated side Sunderland for £2.9m.

Rumours persist that Brad Guzan, Carlos Sanchez and Libor Kozak could also depart the club in the new few weeks as Clark attempts to stamp his own identity on the squad and fund moves for new players. It would appear the new manager has declared to the board he intends to sign Henri Lansbury and Britt Assombalonga, but time will tell whether these moves materialise.

View attachment 155440

Official: Two Join Villa

The club are delighted to announce the signing of two new players for the upcoming season. Former Arsenal midfielder Henri Lansbury joins the club from Nottingham Forest for an undisclosed fee. The 24 year old English midfielder has garnered a reputation for being one of the best players outside of the topflight, made 100 appearances for Forest after joining them for £1m from Arsenal. The former England Under-21 notched up 22 goals for his former club, and has announced his joy at joining Villa. Capable of playing in a variety of positions, the midfielder is known for his passing ability and his technical proficiency.

The club are also delighted to be able to welcome Tottenham Hotspurs midfielder Tom Carroll to the club, who joins us on loan for the season. The highly rated 23 year old will hope to impress his new manager, with the club having the option to sign him for a set fee at the end of the season.

The manager was proud to announce the signings to the club. "Both players will add depth and quality to our ranks. They have great technique with the ball at their feet, and I'm hoping they can be a real creative force for the club."

QecIlLB-_bigger.png
Aston Villa FC

TRANSFER NEWS: The club are delighted to announce the signing of Norwegian defender Jonas Svensson from Rosenborg BK #VälkommenJonas

fSI6QUy.png

fl-logo-98x98549-1705806.png

Preston vs. Aston Villa

A debut to remember for Villa's newest signing Moussa Dembélé. The young Frenchman joined Villa for £4m from Fulham, but had to wait until the hour mark to make his debut for his new team.

The first competitive match for new manager James Clark got off to a rocky start as Preston took an early lead, thanks to a goal from Eoin Doyle. Jordan Ayew pulled one back for the away side, before Adama Traore scored a second for the Villains. Greg Cunningham scored a 50th minute equaliser for Preston. Clark, who was forced to make his first substitution in the 24th minute to replace the injured Idrissa Gueye, decided to introduce Micah Richards to replace the poor Ciaran Clark and new boy Dembélé to replace Jordan Ayew. This was the turning point for Villa, as Dembele and Traore went on to net three more goals between them, to ensure Clark's first game ended 2-5 to Aston Villa.

Looking forward to seeing more of this story.... Looks great so far

Massive Update Due

If anyone is interested, I've played a lot without updating this thread. My apologies.

However, the last update I did was for the game date of 8/8/2015. My current game date is 25/12/2018.

2015/16 - Season Review

Championship - Final Position2nd
Championship - W/D/L27/9/10
Championship - GD+51
Championship - For/Against93/42
FA Cup4th Round (1-0 Loss to Swansea)
League Cup1st Round (Loss on Penalties to Yeovil)
Transfer - Expenditure£18.48m
Most Expensive TransferMoussa Dembélé (Fulham - £8.25m)
Transfer - Income£16.8m
Most Expensive SaleGabby Agbonlahor (Crystal Palance - £6m)
Net Spend-£1.68m
Top Scorer - LeagueMoussa Dembélé (27)
Top Scorer - All CompetitionsMoussa Dembélé (28)
Most AssistsJack Grealish (12)
Highest Average RatingHenri Lansbury - 7.73 (39 apps)

Major Transfers

IN
OUT
4/7/15Tom Carroll - Loan (Tottenham)4/7/15Gabby Agbonlahor - £6m (Crystal Palace)
14/7/15Jonas Svensson - £1.5m (Rosenborg)4/7/15Kieran Richardson - £1.1m (Brighton)
18/7/15Henri Lansbury - £7m (Nottingham Forest)11/7/15Leandro Bacuna - £2.9m (Sunderland
1/8/15Moussa Dembélé - £8.25m (Fulham)31/8/15Alan Hutton - £1.4m (Atalanta)
26/1/16Kieran Trippier - Loan (Tottenham)5/1/16Libor Kozak - £1.4m (Rennes)
21/1/16Carlos Sanchez - £4m (Swansea)

Season Review - 2016/17

MAJOR NEWS

After two failed bids for prospective new owners, Aston Villa fans were delighted to hear that as of the 6th January 2017 a new owner has been found for the club. A consortium, lead by businessman Karl Oyston, has purchased the rights to Aston Villa, and have promised to invest in the club to help them stabilise and maintain their Premier League status. Despite the rumours that Oyston planned to replace then manager Catch325 with Andre Villas-Boas, a run of good form saw the young Englishman keep his job with Villa.

Premier League - Final Position14th
Premier League - W/D/L13/8/17
Premier League - GD0
Premier League - For/Against50/50
FA Cup5th Round (1-0 Loss to Wigan)
League Cup3rd Round (2-0 Loss to Sunderland)
Transfer - Expenditure£45.45m
Most Expensive TransferLewis Cook (Leeds - £10.5m)
Transfer - Income£14.3m
Most Expensive SaleAshley Westwood (Middlesborough - £4m)
Net Spend-£31.15m
Top Scorer - LeagueMoussa Dembélé (17)
Top Scorer - All CompetitionsMoussa Dembélé (17)
Most AssistsAdama Traoré (9)
Highest Average RatingKieran Trippier - 7.46 (31 apps)

Major Transfers

INOUT
9/6/16Dominic Iorfa - £6.75m (Wolves)9/6/16Brad Guzan - £3.4m (Watford)
14/6/16Kieran Trippier - £3.8m (Tottenham)9/6/16Mark Bunn - £250k (Huddersfield)
1/7/16Ionut Nedelcearu - £1m (Dinamo Bucherest)9/6/16Ashley Westwood - £4m (Middlesborough)
1/7/16Alejandro Arribas - £3.6m (Deportivo)22/6/16Rudy Gestede - £1.6m (Brentford)
1/7/16Emanuel Mammana - £7m (River Plate)6/7/16Ciaran Clark - £1.8m (Stuttgart)
1/7/16Timo Horn - £6.5m (Koln)14/7/16Jose Angel Crespo - £3.1m (Hull)
29/7/16Lewis Cook - £10.5m (Leeds)
30/7/16Dominic Solanke - Loan (Chelsea)
6/8/16Tom Carroll - Loan (Tottenham)
31/8/16Tom Carroll - £2.9m (Tottenham)
31/8/16Muhamed Besic - Loan (Everton)
20/1/17Matias Kranevitter - Loan (Atletico)

Could you upload pic of your team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Season Review - 2017/18

emier League - Final Position5th
Premier League - W/D/L20/8/10
Premier League - GD23
Premier League - For/Against68/45
FA Cup3rd Round (1-0 Loss to Peterborough)
League Cup3rd Round (1-0 Loss to Arsenal)
Transfer - Expenditure£73.17m
Most Expensive TransferMatias Kranevitter (Atletico - £13.25m)
Transfer - Income£37.02m
Most Expensive SaleJonas Svensson (Man City - £15m)
Net Spend-£36.15m
Top Scorer - LeagueMichy Batshuayi (14)
Top Scorer - All CompetitionsMichy Batshuayi (14)
Most AssistsAbdelhak Nouri (8)
Highest Average RatingLewis Cook - 7.56 (28 apps)

MAJOR TRANSFERS

INOUT
17/6/17Dominic Solanke - £12m (Chelsea)16/7/17Jores Okore - £10m (Lyon)
1/7/17Zakaria Bakkali - £11.25m (Valencia)8/1/18Jonas Svensson - £15m (Man City)
1/7/17Michy Batshuayi - £7.25m (Napoli)1/2/18Aly Cissokho - £1.5m (Fenerbahce)
1/7/17Matias Kranevitter - £13.25m (Atletico)
8/7/17Abdelhak Nouri - £6.25m (Ajax)
18/7/17Lincoln - £6.75m (Gremio)
1/1/18Craig Gordon - £45.5k (Celtic)
1/1/18Antonio Rudiger - £7m (Stuttgart)
5/1/18Jack Wilshere - Loan (Arsenal)

Some large images...not sure why I didn't do this before!

Championship League Table - 2015/16

CtQzEIu.png