At Home With The Hornets - A Horsham Town Story

well done on the promotion! Reckon you can achieve back-to-back?
Will be tough, I've made some cracking signings though so hopefully play-offs at least. I've just finished playing August and we've done quite well. Update tomorrow probably if not tonight :D

If you need some money try and set up some big friendlies i.e. against teams within the professional league, with good gate receipts, you could be earning a fair amount even if you get hammered

Congrats on promotion mate. Really like your layout too. Keep it up. 8-|

Congrats on promotion mate. Really like your layout too. Keep it up. 8-|
Thanks man

If you need some money try and set up some big friendlies i.e. against teams within the professional league, with good gate receipts, you could be earning a fair amount even if you get hammered
Thats such a good idea!! Thanks man :D

Just read through your story there Sam and must say youve started off great mate! will follow as always! GL Mate.

2013/14 Pre-Season

6615516.jpg

So after last seasons success we moved up to the Isthmian Premier League!! Still some way off the Barclay's Premier League but we're going in the right direction!!! Even still I got about an extra £2k to spend on wages but still not a penny in the transfer budget. No need really as I picked up some real gems(for this level).

Transfers

View attachment 342170

A lot of people left, the ''big names'' being Tipper and Woodburn. Both weren't good enough for this level and I bought in much better replacements. I made a number of signings then released them a few days later your'll notice, why? They sucked basically. Weren't as good as my scout reports said. But the best players I signed were Johnson Halls who will be our ''Juan Mata'' spraying balls around and slipping in those nice little passes to Aaron Scott up top. Then we have Leon Broadhurst who's our new centre midfielder as Hutchings and Medlock are still young and not up to scratch if we want to challenge for the league. I also snapped up Sammut, Nathan Green, McCourt, Napper and Moore to increase the quality of our team. Anyway here's the screenie's of the notable new players.

View attachment 342172View attachment 342173View attachment 342174View attachment 342175View attachment 342176View attachment 342177View attachment 342178

Its worth noting Axten will play centre back not right back.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Starting 11 and Tactic

View attachment 342180

So this will be my favourable starting 11 and I'm going back to the tactic I've always used as the 4-2-4 conceded way too many goals last year and we will need to be better in that respect in this division.

Also I'm now a ''Favoured Personnel'' at Horsham FC :)

View attachment 342181

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finances

View attachment 342183

Ermmm not good. And they're only going to get worse by the looks of it. We need our own stadium, because at the minute we're still sharing with Horsham YMCA so we aren't getting the full ticket money. Needs sorting out and quickly.​

August - October

IMG_0713.jpg

Solid start to the season
Scott picks up an injury but Nwachukwu steps in well
New signings prove to be an inspiration

Results

View attachment 342707

So we've done really well so far this season!! Picking up just two losses so far this season. We got off to a bit of a shaky start but I tinkered with my tactic and it seems to have made a difference. As you can see we are through to the 4th Qualifying Round of the FA Cup. This has provided us with some much needed money but we're still in the red :/.

My change in tactic from the 4-2-4 to the 4-2-3-1 seems to have massively improved our defence too which was exactly what I wanted. Aaron Scott picked up a knock in the game against Chesham but Tony Nwachukwu moved from the right wing to the striker role and has done really well!!

Also Aaron Scott before his injury scored the fastest goal in the league's history:

View attachment 342716

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Table and Player Stats

View attachment 342717 View attachment 342718

So we're top of the league!! Its close, and my target is the play-offs which we should be able to achieve after judging a number of sides so far in this league. But with a little luck and consistency we might be able to take top spot and get promotion in the Blue Square Bet South.

As you can see from the player stats, Aaron Scott was enjoying a great run in front of goal before that injury. Frankie Chappell has done great at the back and Nwachukwu has just been fantastic so far.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Squad

View attachment 342719 View attachment 342720

So the stand out players are clearly our two centre backs, Axten and Chappell. Also Nwachukwu and Scott have done well. Out of the new signings Halls and McCourt have shone, considering they're young and joining a new side.

Nate Cornock has stamped his authority in between the sticks as well. Unfortunatley Axten's PA has shot down so I'm gonna be on the lookout for a new centre back, also his natural position is at right back anyway. I have signed one new player though, a french centre midfielder called Ludovic.

View attachment 342721

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finances

View attachment 342722

Yeah... improved after our run in the FA Cup but still not looking too healthy :/. We really do need our own stadium, promotion is key in this as if we can become fully professional, get some more sponsorships and more fans to fill out the stadium.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Best Player of the Period

TonyNwachukwu.jpg

Done well out on the right wing and then stepped up when needed to play up front.

View attachment 342724

Should be an update soon guys just slowly trotting through it due to work.

November 2013 - February 2014

2606498389.jpg

So sorry its taken a while for this update, been pretty busy. Anyway lets get straight into the transfers, not a lot just one player signed and a couple left to try and reduce the wage bill as it was a tad over.

View attachment 344417

So I signed up Gary Bowles as we were pretty short at the back and I wanted another option back there. Bowles comes in on pretty cheap wages and he's a pretty decent centre back. Leaving us was Brunt and Brake on loans as they weren't happy not getting played and then Savage and Hutchings both left as they weren't good enough for this level. Hutchings was on £95 a week!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Results

League

View attachment 344418

So a very patchy bit of form. No losses but a lot of draws some to clubs we really should be beating like the Met Police and East Thurrock but hey ho. Scott went through a horrible patch of not scoring for 13 hours, Ethan Moore picked up a couple of injuries and was out for lengthy spells. The only player who showed good form throughout was Tony Nwachukwu. I think my tactic might need tweaking a bit as we've started leaking goals again.

FA Cup

View attachment 344423

Unfortunately we were knocked out thanks to a late goal in the fourth qualifying round. Oxford are a division above us so I was happy to put in such a good performance against a side who on paper were better than us.

Ryman League Cup

View attachment 344424

We're into the semi's of the cup we won last year. You may remember we were in the same league as Dulwich Hamlet last year and I think we had them in the semi's of this tournament last year too and they gave us some good games. Would be nice to win the cup once more, need the money too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Table and Player Stats

View attachment 344419 View attachment 344420

**** its tight up there. If we continue this dodgy form we might end up slipping into the play-offs, I can't see us finishing below that. Its going to be between us and Lowestoft Town and there's a game next against them that could be very important in deciding who finished top and gets that top spot.

Frankie Chappell has been immense for us at the back, and Johnson Halls has been a revelation creating so many chances for our strikers. Its a shame Aaron Scott has been a bit hit and miss and Ethan Moore has been picking up way too many knocks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Squad

View attachment 344421 View attachment 344422

Our two centre backs have done really well, Axten and Chappell. But not enough players are hitting above the 7.00 mark, if we do get promoted this squad needs gutting and rebuilding. We still don't own a stadium, not professional and don't have a squad good enough to even have a chance of getting promoted from the league above us. We've got some great young talent here but I don't have time to develop them due to the fact that I want success quickly due to the financial situation of the club.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finances

View attachment 344428

Now I don't know if being that much in debt is a bad thing for a club of this size. But I don't like being in the red full stop with any club. Promotion and a decent cup run soon would be nice along with our own stadium

Any kind of advice would be great!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player of the Period

Frankie Chappell

1333008140_large.jpg

Rock at the heart of the defence.​

Could you link me to the download link for the leagues, thought i may aswell do a similiar save and i live relatively close to horsham so might do it with them, have you heard of a town called steyning?

Could you link me to the download link for the leagues, thought i may aswell do a similiar save and i live relatively close to horsham so might do it with them, have you heard of a town called steyning?
Ill find it for you tonight when I get in from work mate, yeah I've heard of Steyning :) lovely little place

Youth Intake

So here's this years intake, one good player and one okay player. The rest are borderline useless!!

View attachment 345478

Not an awful youth intake by any means, but Jamie Griffiths is certainly going to be a contender to lead the line next year whether or not we get promoted ;). The other new young star is goalkeeper Pete Sandford.

Jamie Griffiths

View attachment 345480

Pretty good stats for a 15 year old at this level. Some individual training and he could become pretty decent for us whilst we're in the low leagues.

Pete Sandford

View attachment 345481

Good stats, but will have some trouble displacing Nate Cornock.​

February 2014 - End of Season

1361116550_0.jpg

So we've finished our second season, in the last update things were a tad tight but we were in the semi's of the Ryman League Cup. Lets see how we done:

Results

League Cup

View attachment 345616

So we couldn't retain the cup as we were knocked out in the semi's by the eventual winners. I was kind of annoyed as we did lose to a team in the league below us!! Never mind, hopefully we could push on and concentrate on the league.

Ryman Premier League

View attachment 345617

A superb run of wins then followed by an awful run, probably my worst in football manager. Its not even like they were against good teams, some of them were fighting relegation!! I dragged the lads in for a team meeting and let them know they were doing **** and we turned over second place Thurrock to show everyone we still had it!! Haha.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Table and Player Stats

View attachment 345618 View attachment 345619

WE DONE IT!! Easy in the end and that run of 5 games without a win was probably because I was fielding youth players and lads who had been on the fringe this season. The main thing was we secured promotion to the Blue Square Bet South league!!

From the league's player stats you can see how important captain fantastic Frankie Chappell was for us. Also Aaron Scott and Johnson Halls racked up a fair amount of assists!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Squad

View attachment 345624 View attachment 345625

So the big players for us this year was Chappell, Scott, Axten, Charman, Halls and Nwachukwu. But a number of players on ''High'' wages didn't earn that money. Napper, Ludovic and Broadhurst all on a fair amount were basically awful. The squad will once again be cleared out, the club are in trouble financially so I'm gonna have to be careful with who I sign.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finances

View attachment 345628

****. Not good at all, how on Earth are we supposed to get that kinda money back?! I can only hope there's a fair jump up in money. There is some good new though.....

NEW STADIUM!!!

View attachment 345630

Thank the lord, by God we need this. Gonna have to wait 2 years but at least its gonna happen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player of the Year

Aaron Scott

View attachment 345631

Managed over 20 goals and got a load of assists too!! If it wasn't for him we wouldn't have won the league.

Young Player of the Year

Johnson Halls

View attachment 345632

The young lad was signed in the summer and I changed my formation to accomodate him, he didn't disappoint!! 8 goals and 14 assists.

Thats it for this season!! Hope people are enjoying it =]

Just read from page 1, well done mate, this is great. Keep it going. (H)

Need some more Sam I'm really enjoying it. Nice job on the new stadium!!

Great job with winning promotion mate, love stories with lower league teams going through the divisions. How long are you planning on playing this save? Also, do you know what capacity your new stadium is going to be yet? Keep up the good work pal! :D