images

MARCH

This month could have been better! We werent playing at our best but managed to get through in both cup competitions. Unfortunately in a weak line-up for the Champions League QF's we got paired with Real Madrid!!!

The youth intake was pretty average too. These were the best 2 prospects in it.
View attachment 338273View attachment 338274

Cant complain really with the results but we arent playing as well as we should be. Nevermind. The title is won (although not confirmed yet) and I have a World Cup to look forward too!

---------------------------------------------------

AC Milan 0-1 Atalanta
Bonaventura

A decent win. Gabbiadini missed a penalty late on.

--------------------------------------------------------

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 2nd Leg
Atalanta (2) 2-2 Chelsea (1)
Immobile, Crisetig
(Agg: 4-3)
A tale of 2 halves!!!! We dominated the first half but found ourselves 2-0 down as they scored with their first 2 attempts. Immobile pulled one back late on and extra time loomed until Crisetig struck on 85min.

------------------------------------------------------------

Atalanta 2-0 Pisa
Immobile, Gabbiadini

I was missing a few players (Battistini, Zouma, Bertolacci, Crisetig, Lucero, Signori) and couldnt even name a full bench as the U20s had a game earlier in the day. I expected a much bigger win than this though.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Bologna 1-2 Atalanta
Gabbiadini 2(1pen)

-------------------------------------------------------------

Coppa Italia SF 2nd Leg

Atalanta (2) 2-1 Pescara (3)
Cappannelli, Comas
(Agg: 4-4 Atalanta win on away goals)

My backups got us into a position of deficit so I trusted them to get us out of it! Consigli saved a first half penalty which proved to be vital.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Atalanta 3-0 Napoli
Zouma, Gabbiadini, Quintana

I experimented here. I dropped Immobile, moved Gabbiadini up front and played Quintana on the LW - Safe to say it worked quite well!

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MANOLO GABBIADINI

images

View attachment 338301

images

HOLLAND

Friendly

Holland 2-1 Romania
L.de Jong, Adams

Is anyone still interested in this? Noticed there arent many comments anymore? Have I once again been a victim of my own success and won everything too soon. Should I go a tiny English team or even go back to Bilbao?

Hmmmmmm

Is anyone still interested in this? Noticed there arent many comments anymore? Have I once again been a victim of my own success and won everything too soon. Should I go a tiny English team or even go back to Bilbao?

Hmmmmmm

Im still looking out for it mate, thought you'd stop doing it, lol.

Id love to see you manage a tiny English team and see what you can achieve with them. :)

Still reading but would love you to do a home-grown only challenge if you would consider it.

I'm checking this from time to time. I thought you would get bored of dominating Italy :p Great work done here, but if you're up for a new challenge, i would gladly read a new Bilbao story. :D

I'm checking this from time to time. I thought you would get bored of dominating Italy :p Great work done here, but if you're up for a new challenge, i would gladly read a new Bilbao story. :D
Agree with Dokara i loved you bilbao story, KLIPPYBO you need to stop play fifa and NHL lol

I'm still following. Maybe a couple of days behind all the time but all good. I am enjoying this story. Success does seem to come easily to you. Maybe a League 1/2 team could be good. What about Notts County? Supposed to have had loads of money and got no where, had a dream of a Premiership dream but still waiting. Got a good enough team to win or at least get promoted from League 1 but after that I am sure it could be a good challenge.

Would love to see you do the kind of save I'm doing. Rock bottom non-league club all the way to the BPL :)

Would love to see you do the kind of save I'm doing. Rock bottom non-league club all the way to the BPL :)

Considering the options. Havent deleted my Atalanta save or anything like that. Also trying to think of a new layout for my new stories etc. Too lazy to do any storylike input but there is not much one can do to vary it lol. Too much information is bad but not enough is bad also........................

Still interested; but I post little and since the thread wasn't having updates (or the forums are making me missing them, which is not ruled out) I'm not having anything to say.

How about doing a save where you take over a team in the highest league in a poor country and each time you win the league you switch to another team in that league. The goal of this save would be to raise the league reputation as much as posible without having one team that is dominant.

Or you could pick a team in a less powerful nation and try and build them up for European glory. First few seasons would be interesting

you can try an make a save about Anderlecht in Belgium, They are a local top team but not in europe. It is not so easy to get top class players to go there.

Hmmmmmm

You get the feeling you might be burned out of FM a bit?

Lets face it that Bilbao story was a freak! A run of finals and players like Hererra & The midfielder and the countless others it was a once in a life time save!

Every time since then even Castle Di Sangro, ps i still have the book! has been a walkover with NO real challenge. Success came so easily and the challenge of the game hasnt been there. Not your fault. In a way i wish we could go head to head so i could beat you and get your juices going again but i dont have so much time for FM that i used to and when i do im still loving my Aberdeen save. P.S if your looking for a challenge try them. I got to the top a lot easier than i thought but improving the whole Club and Scottish football means i have a massive challenge that has never ending limits! Lets face it Scotland will NEVER be the No1 league in Europe but the challenge of getting it as high as possible has added another dimension for me.

Sort of rambled there said person but if anything hit home and inspired or cleared your thoughts then good.

Stonecold's got a point. That Bilbao save was sensational and lets face it, nothing you've done since has satisfied that need for one to equal it. Personally the last thing for you to try would be a Non-League side. I'm thoroughly enjoying mine so far.

You get the feeling you might be burned out of FM a bit?

Lets face it that Bilbao story was a freak! A run of finals and players like Hererra & The midfielder and the countless others it was a once in a life time save!

Every time since then even Castle Di Sangro, ps i still have the book! has been a walkover with NO real challenge. Success came so easily and the challenge of the game hasnt been there. Not your fault. In a way i wish we could go head to head so i could beat you and get your juices going again but i dont have so much time for FM that i used to and when i do im still loving my Aberdeen save. P.S if your looking for a challenge try them. I got to the top a lot easier than i thought but improving the whole Club and Scottish football means i have a massive challenge that has never ending limits! Lets face it Scotland will NEVER be the No1 league in Europe but the challenge of getting it as high as possible has added another dimension for me.

Sort of rambled there said person but if anything hit home and inspired or cleared your thoughts then good.

Are you saying I should go back with Suz so you only live 5min away and we can get our online games going again? lol.

I see what youre saying. The Champions League Challenge was also decent. CDS was good (can only remember the keeper Kinho and forward Righini as star regens though). Lower league may be the way to go. Needs to be summat that both gets me hooked but also a challenge.

Tried San Marino and hated it. Tried Pentagon and didnt really like it despite being successful. Just dont know laddie

I would like to see you take a club like Vitesse or Dnipro. Also have you ever thought about a youtube series?