images

MARCH

We didnt have a lot of games this month but we were excellent in the 4 games that we did play and scored 19 goals in the process!

I have decided that Bonaventura is no longer a first pick. He has dropped a bit ever since his injury and I will now give the AMC slot to Signori. There could be another change after this years youth intake too...............

View attachment 335644
FABRIZIO CAPPANNELLI

This guy goes straight into the first team squad. He has jumped ahead of Purtskhvanidze already and will be backup just now alongside Guevara.

And there were 2 other decent ones arriving...............
View attachment 335645View attachment 335646

Finally a tycoon is rumoured to be trying to take over Bologna. That could mean I have a new challenger should it come through.

---------------------------------------------------------

Atalanta 4-0 Fiorentina
Aurier, Crisetig, Bertolacci 2

Another easy win with a few goals scored. Thats 20 in the last 5 league games now.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Cagliari 1-7 Atalanta
Immobile 2, Gabbiadini 2(1pen), Zouma, Bertolacci, El Shaarawy

What a performance this was!!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------

Atalanta 5-0 Udinese
Bertolacci 3(1pen), Guevara, Comas

Cappannelli started to make his debut here. The amount of goals we are scoring just now is really scary.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

UEFA Champions League QF 1st Leg
Atalanta 3-1 Liverpool
Gabbiadini 2, El Shaarawy

They scored late on which was an annoyance but other than that it was a good performance and result.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ANDREA BERTOLACCI

images

View attachment 335647
---------------------------------------------------------------------

images

HOLLAND

FIFA World Cup Quals Group 6

Holland 6-1 Montenegro
Depay 3, Adams, Clasie, Narsingh

View attachment 335648

images

APRIL

Things didnt all go according to plan this month. I kinda hoped and expected to be crowned Serie A winners and to be able to play my youngsters in the last few league games but we slipped up a few times so that didnt happen.

However we have made it through to our second successive Champions League final and once again we will face Barcelona. We knocked out Liverpool and Man City to get there this month so it will be the 6th meeting in the last two seasons against them.

Finally Bologna did get taken over by a tycoon so a new power may soon be coming to the fore in Italian football. When it was confirmed I saved the game and added a new manager to see what the expectations were etc and the new manager had to sign high profile players. I then went into the player search screen and they have some bigger named players wanting to come to them than want to join us!

(I obviously reloaded the save so Marco van Basten is still in charge)

----------------------------------------------

Palermo 1-1 Atalanta
Zouma

Where did all the goals go? lol.

UEFA Champions League QF 2nd Leg
Liverpool (1) 2-1 Atalanta (3)
Crisetig
(Agg: 3-4)

We got lucky here. They battered us and even had a goal disallowed but we hung on to make the semis.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Atalanta 3-3 Pescara
Gabbiadini, Marilungo, Bertolacci

They only had 3 shots on target as Consigli had a shocker. Poor result.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Atalanta 1-0 Novara
Quintana

This is beginning to get a worry. Thumping teams one minute and scraping past them the next.

Cesena 1-3 Atalanta
Zouma, Immobile, Gabbiadini

A very good win this although El Shaarawy got injured and his season is over.

UEFA Champions League SF 1st Leg
Manchester City 1-1 Atalanta
Vidal (og)

A great result. We took the lead in the 2nd minute and held on until the 80th. We were without 5 or 6 players here so I am really happy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Atalanta 4-0 Lazio
Bonaventura 2, Marchetti (og), Comas

I rested everyone (apart from Consigli of course) for the upcoming game against Man City.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

UEFA Champions League SF 2nd Leg
Atalanta (1) 3-2 Manchester City (1)
Signori, Gabbiadini (pen), Immobile
(Agg: 4-3)

We took the lead and quickly got pegged back but after that we were excellent although it got a bit nervy when they pulled one back with 5min to go!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Genoa 0-3 Atalanta
Guevara 2, Immobile

We are now a point away from winning the title while Genoa could be relegated to Serie B.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
KURT ZOUM
A
images

View attachment 336053

I can't understand how are you getting this great results.
It's like no one can stop you.

I'm playing with your tactic, even with your team (I've started with Atalanta before you :D), but I can't have your great results.

images

MAY

We completed the quadruple this month. The league was won before the AC Milan game as Juventus lost the day before so I was able to play my youngsters for the last 3 league games. We won the league with a record number of points too.

The Coppa Italia was won in a very boring game and in the Champions League we toppled Barcelona as we produced an excellent 2nd half performance to win the cup.

So what is the aims with Atalanta now? WIN MORE TROPHIES!!!!! I want to win everything more than anyone else and I want a 100% season and I want...............lol

------------------------------------------------------

Atalanta 3-0 AC Milan
Bonaventura, Quintana (pen), Tortone

Sure AC Milan are no longer a threat but for my youngsters to win so convincingly was impressive.

Juventus 1-1 Atalanta
Garrofe

Atalanta 3-1 Napoli
Quintana 2, Purtskhvanidze

A nice way to end the league campaign. We had already beaten the record points total (97) and finish the season with 101pts.

Coppa Italia Final
Napoli 0-1 Atalanta
Lucero

This was a really boring game. Lucero struck in the first half and that was enough to win the cup.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

UEFA Champions League Final
Atalanta 2-0 Barcelona
Gabbiadini (pen), Marilungo

WE HAVE DONE IT!!!! An even and boring first half was played out with us having Zouma taken off in the 3rd minute and they had Sanchez taken off not long after. In the 2nd half we were great. Signori won a penalty just after the hour mark which Gabbiadini converted and then Signori setup Marilungo for the clincher 10min later.

For posterity here was the line-up: Consigli, Aurier, Zouma (Guevara), Bellusci, Lucero (Quitadamo), Bonaventura, Bertolacci (Saini), Marilungo, Signori, Gabbiadini, Immobile

---------------------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
PATRICIO QUINTANA

View attachment 336059

END OF SEASON POST TO FOLLOW...........

UNBELIEVABLE!! Congratulations mate, absolutely brilliant. ����

Great work, keep it up! And well done on the CL. One last thing you want, an Italian international called Aitor Herrera that becomes the best player in the world by far lol.

Great work, keep it up! And well done on the CL. One last thing you want, an Italian international called Aitor Herrera that becomes the best player in the world by far lol.

Lol - I thought Signori would challenge Aitor but his 3 month injury has set him back so the search goes on!!!!!!!!

images

END OF SEASON POST

4 competitions entered - 4 competitions won - still not seen as an iconic figure at the club!

We were excellent this season. In the league we got 101pts and 100 goals, we thumped Lazio for the Super Cup, scraped through in the Coppa Italia and performed really well and scored a few goals to win the Champions League.

Player wise it was mixed. Our club record signing was a huge disappointment and in the end we got a club record fee for him. Gabbiadini, Crisetig, Zouma, Guevara all impressed while El Shaarawy played ok but only scored 8 goals despite scoring 4 goals in the very first game.

My U20 side finally won the league, scoring 147 goals in the process and picked up the cup too as well as 3rd place in the U19 European Cup. Things are all boding well for the future.......

-------------------------------------------------------

MY PLAYER OF THE SEASON
LORENZO CRISETIG

View attachment 336125
He was immense. So consistant. Gabbiadini was involved in 54 goals but Crisetig rarely had a poor game.

MY YOUNG PLAYER OF THE SEASON
NAHUEL LUCERO

View attachment 336126
So hard to pick one but the fact that he plays week in week out and continues to develop means he gets it ahead of Guevara and Signori

FINAL LEAGUE TABLE AND STATS

View attachment 336127
View attachment 336128View attachment 336129

AWARDS
Serie A Player of the Year: Kurt Zouma
Serie A Young Player of the Year: Kurt Zouma

Serie A Defender of the Year:
Kurt Zouma
Serie A Foreign Player of the Year: Kurt Zouma
Italian Player of the Year: Manolo Gabbiadini
Manager of the Year: Kris Stuart
Team of the Year: Consigli, Lucero, Bertolacci, Crisetig, Gabbiadini
UEFA Champions League Best Player: Ernesto Luca Signori
UEFA Champions League Team of the Year: Consigli, Signori

OTHER NEWS

Arsenal thump Sporting Lisbon 4-0 to win the Europa League
Spezia, Verona and Pisa win promotion to Serie A
Feeder side AlbinoLeffe win promotion to Serie B

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

images

HOLLAND

Holland 3-1 Moldova
Fistican (og), Martins Indi, Adams

View attachment 336131
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friendly

Croatia 1-1 Holland
L.de Jong

images

PRE-SEASON

This was a very quiet pre-season. I had in mind to promote several youngsters and sell a few established players but neither really happened in the end. I sold 2 first teamers but ended up keeping Immobile and Bonaventura despite transfer listing them.

I managed to get Turkish side Besiktas as my latest feeder club and they have 1 decent regen I am already interested in. My scouts have come up with a few Turkish players but I havent been inclined to buy them. Maybe now though as I can loan them out to Besiktas.

-----------------------------------------------------

PLAYERS IN

View attachment 336245
MAXIMILIANO LUCIANO
£3.5m from Nacional

This was my only signing!!!!! Also it was pre-arranged over a year ago so that shows how quiet the summer has been!

(I also signed Jack Butland and Michy Batshauyi on free transfers and loaned out with a view to selling them on)

----------------------------------------------------------------

PLAYERS OUT

I received £20m each for both Marilungo (to Benfica) and Aurier (to Atletico Madrid). Gonzalo Valencio left to go to Bologna for £7.25m while Max Fries went to Dortmund for £2.1m and Cavalli to Cremonese for £450K.

Out on loan to AlbinoLeffe went Chierici, Friis, Belmonte, Purtskhanvidze, Celjak, Mercier, Edson, Feys and Sommese so hopefully that will be enough to allow them to at least challenge for promotion from Serie B. Also out on loan went Campagna to Parma, Carassai to Sassoulo, Minoia to Cesena, Kursa to Fiorentina, Basinas to Bologna, Trgovcevic to Udinese and Barbini to Brescia.

I also sold 50% of Angelini to Napoli for £1.3m, Del Gatto to Fiorentina for £650K and Cavallo to Parma for £300K.

SUMMARY

There is a battle on to be my new RB. Battistini or Forbice? I have taken Chierici out of the equation by loaning him out so I will pick the RB on form and development. Signori will start as AMC thus demoting Bonaventura and Caprari will probably be cover for RW now instead of covering for Immobile up front which will mean Tortone and Comas have to battle it out to cover for Immobile.

OTHER NEWS

Training and youth facilities are to be upgraded
£90m left in the transfer budget

images

AUGUST

A mini update this as we only played 2 games plus 1 with Holland.

I should point out that I have not had an internet connection the past few days hence why the lack of updates!!!!

Anywho we scraped past Napoli in the Super Cup and thumped Cagliari in the league while in the Champions League I will play my youngsters as we were drawn against Celtic, FC Kobenhavn and Slovan Bratislava.

Italian Super Cup
Atalanta 1-0 Napoli
Zouma

A first half goal from Zouma was enough as we win the cup. We did just enough as we werent great.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Atalanta 4-1 Cagliari
Gabbiadini 2(1pen), Zouma, Immobile

We fell behind very early on (6min) but levelled a minute later and strolled through the rest of the game.

--------------------------------------------------------------

View attachment 337460

images

HOLLAND

Friendly

France 1-3 Holland
L.de Jong 2, Narsingh

thank god for that thought you might have goten bored of this glad to see you back

images

SEPTEMBER

The season really started off here and we got out of the blocks really quickly as we won every league game, secured the European Super Cup and got a very entertaining draw in the Champions League thanks to youung Tortone's hat-trick.

True, the fixture list wasnt as challenging as it could have been but you can only beat the sides that are put out against you. Thats enough cliche's for one update lol.

----------------------------------------------------

UEFA European Super Cup
Atalanta 2-1 Arsenal
Immobile, Bonaventura

We were a goal down at half-time so I read my team the riot act and that did the trick - another trophy!

Atalanta 3-0 Pescara
Gabbiadini (pen), El Shaarawy, Immobile

We surged into a 3 goal lead in the first 15min so I was disappointed not to add to the tally.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

UEFA Champions League Group F

Celtic 3-3 Atalanta
Tortone 3

We were 3-1 up at one point so I see this as 2pts dropped. However Tortone scored an excellent hat-trick.

Spezia 0-3 Atalanta
Immobile, El Shaarawy, Bertolacci

Atalanta 3-0 Palermo
Signori 2, Arrigoni

Consigli saved an early penalty from them which woke us up to progress to win.

Verona 1-5 Atalanta
Immobile 3(1pen), Bellusci, El Shaarawy

An excellent performance. We hardly gave them a sniff of a chance as we had nearly 70% of posession.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
CIRO IMMOBILE

images

View attachment 337507

images

HOLLAND

Armenia 3-4 Holland
Adams, Narsingh, van Wolfswinkel, Denswil

We fell behind 3 times in this game shockingly but managed to bounce back each time before we snatched a late winner.

---------------------------------------------

Holland 3-1 England
Narsingh, Martins Indi, van Wolfswinkel

This win puts us top of our group.

View attachment 337514

images

my youth side?

OCTOBER

Another good month as we maintain our 100% start to the league campaign and picked up 2 wins in the Champions League to boot. My Holland side also qualified for the World Cup.

We scraped through in the first few games this month but began to find our feet again in the latter part and finished it off by putting 4 past AC Milan.

Atalanta 2-1 FC Kobenhavn
Tortone 2(1pen)

Another couple of goals for Tortone who is really proving to me that he can be a future first pick so far with his performances this season.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Atalanta 3-2 Lazio
Zouma, Signori, El Shaarawy

We were cruising at 3-0 but then slipped up towards the end but a win is a win.

Genoa 0-1 Atalanta
Zouma

Zouma netted with 5min to go here. He has been scoring at a stupendous rate so far this season for a CB.

Slovan Bratislava 0-6 Atalanta
Saini, Quintana 3, Tortone, Bonaventura

A great win this. They had a man sent-off when we were 2-0 up which made things a lot easier.

View attachment 337532

Atalanta 4-1 AC Milan
Zouma, Immobile 2, Bonaventura

We fell behind early on, equalised but when they then had a man sent-off it was game over.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
KURT ZOUMA
images

View attachment 337530

images

HOLLAND

Montenegro 0-6 Holland
L.de Jong 2, Douglas, Adams, Depay, van Wolfswinkel

Hungary 0-4 Holland
Blind, L.de Jong, Adams, Depay

View attachment 337531

images

One of our more famous former players

NOVEMBER

This month saw us keep up our 100% league record and qualify for the next stage of the Chamions League. There was also plenty of goals being scored as we managed to keep an extraordinary sequence going. From Tortone to Zouma, Gabbiadini to Immobile and even Bonaventura - they have all been on fire.

Personally I got offered the chance to manage a few national teams that failed to qualify for the upcoming World Cup including my native Scotland! Slovakia and Ghana also offered me jobs but I will stick with Holland until our current campaign is over.

------------------------------------------------

Pisa 0-6 Atalanta
Gabbiadini (pen), Zouma 2, Arrigoni, Immobile, Tortone

The last three games have seen us score 6, 4 and now 6 again! We were excellent and thoroughly deserved such a big winning margin.

Atalanta 4-0 Bologna
Gabbiadini 3(1pen), Immobile

A 4 goal haul keeps the sequence going!

Atalanta 6-2 Slovan Bratislava
Bonaventura 3, Quintana, Tortone, Forbice

6,4,6,4 and now 6 again!!! This is getting stupid!

Napoli 2-4 Atalanta
Immobile 2, Zouma, Crisetig

Atalanta 1-0 Udinese
Zouma

1?????? Well the sequence was good while it lasted. We had 28 attempts so we could have easily scored 6 lol.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Atalanta 1-0 Celtic
Tortone

This win books us a place in the next round.

View attachment 337592

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
KURT ZOUMA
images

View attachment 337593

------------------------------------------------------------
images

HOLLAND

Friendlies

Holland 3-1 Greece
Douglas, L.de Jong, Wijnaldum

---------------------------------------------

Holland 1-2 Argentina
Clasie

images

DECEMBER

Another trophy was added to the ever bulging trophy cabinet this month as we won the Club World Cup, scoring 10 goals in the process. The final was a thriller as we edged a 9 goal thriller against Corinthians.

The league is as good as over as we have a 6pt lead with 2 games in hand. We will have to see how long I can keep this winning streak going.

Ciro Immobile is now a club legend as he became the clubs record top goalscorer with his double against Fiorentina. Maybe one day I will be seen in such a favourable way.

In the Champions League we will play Chelsea which will be tough and in the World Cup my Dutch side have been drawn in the following group.............
View attachment 337600
----------------------------------------------------

Cesena 1-4 Atalanta
Zouma 2, Signori, Casado (og)

Is this the start of another 4,6 sequence? lol. Zouma is scaring me now with all these goals.

FC Kobenhavn 1-2 Atalanta
Comas 2

Both sides had already qualified so this was a dead rubber of a game but Comas got off the mark for the season.

View attachment 337599

Atalanta 4-0 Fiorentina
Gabbiadini 2(1pen), Immobile 2

We were 2up after 5min and cruised it from then on in,

----------------------------------------------------------

FIFA Club World Cup SF

Orlando Pirates 0-5 Atalanta
Cappannelli, Comas 2, Arrigoni 2(1pen)

Into the final we go! I put out a young side and they did me proud here. Corinthians await in the final.

FIFA Club World Cup Final

Corinthians 4-5 Atalanta
Signori 2, Quintana, Tortone 2(1pen)
AET

What a game! Amazingly the first 4 times we took the lead we got pegged back within 5min!!!!! I played a mixed side favouring players that came through the youth system. Tortone came off the bench for the injured Signori and scored twice in extra-time to win it.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ERNESTO LUCA SIGNORI

View attachment 337597

Last edited:
images

My boss I think

JANUARY

The streak is over. We drew with Cagliari in the league thus ending the 100% record. However we are still unbeaten in all comps this season and are on a 44 game unbeaten run.

Recruitment wise it was fairly quiet but busier than I had expected. My director of football made bids for Nasri (£8m), Muniain (£39m) and Fabbrini (£16m) amongst others. I had agreed to sign Balotelli for £10m but cancelled it at the last moment.

Anywho I brought in these 2 young lads for a total of £3m
View attachment 337938View attachment 337939

Outgoing was a few youngsters on loan to feeder side Rosenborg, Sommese to Pisa for £700K and Iachini to Empoli on loan.

I rejected a £5m bid from Juventus to co-own Saini while I have agreed to sign the following on free transfers at the end of the season to quickly sell for a profit. None will feature for the first team - Gareth Bale, Ruben Pardo and Marc Muniesa.

--------------------------------------------------

Atalanta 5-1 Sampdoria

Gabbiadini 2(1pen), Forbice, Arrigoni, Signori

A great result however Battistini got injured and his season is all but over so Forbice will now get a regular run in the side.

Inter Milan 1-3 Atalanta
Handanovic (og), El Shaarawy, Immobile

Going into the game I actually thought this would be the end of our 100% streak in the league but we were ruthless in front of goal and got the win.

Cagliari 2-2 Atalanta
Gabbiadini, Alic

The winning streak is over. We gave away the lead twice here so I am not happy. Alic made his debut off the bench and scored which is good though.

Coppa Italia 1st Round
Atalanta 3-1 Lazio
El Shaarawy, Signori, Quintana

Quintana was brought into the side and he scored 1 and set up 2. I would love to start him regularly but I just cant!

Atalanta 3-1 Juventus
Signori, Niada (og), Gabbiadini

A surprising but very comfortable win this. Slightly makes up for the Cagliari match.

Juventus 2-3 Atalanta
Zouma, Crisetig, Immobile

A great win. Gabbiadini is out injured so Quintana came in and got 2 assists. We are 9pts clear with 2 games in hand now.

Pescara 1-2 Atalanta
Quintana, Bertolacci

After the Juve game Pescara leapfrogged them into 2nd place. We were a goal down at half-time but stormed back in the 2nd half. Now its 10pts clear with 2 games in hand.

Coppa Italia QF

Atalanta 2-1 Spezia
Lucero, Malago

I rested everyone apart from Consigli and Lucero here and we got the win when Malago came off the bench to score.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
PATRICIO QUINTANA

View attachment 337937

View attachment 337940

View attachment 337941

Last edited:
images

FEBRUARY

DEFEAT!!!!!!! I played an understrength side against Pescara in the cup and paid the price - albeit a tad harsh - to lose our first game of the season. Other than that all went well. We beat Chelsea away in the Champions League and maintained our league form.

I utilised my squad pretty well this month also as the likes of Tortone, Comas, Bonaventura, Forbice and Caprari all featured on the scoresheet.

--------------------------------------------------

Atalanta 5-0 Spezia
Tortone, El Shaarawy (pen), Zouma, Bellusci, Comas

A nice way to start the month!

Palermo 1-2 Atalanta
Comas, El Shaarawy (pen)

This was a hard fought win. We went a goal down on 63min and I brought on Comas who scored with his first touch on 65min and then won us the penalty that won us the game 5min later!

------------------------------------------------------------

Atalanta 3-2 Verona
Zouma, El Shaarawy (pen), Perico (og)

We are getting penalties galore just now! This was almost an embarrassing result as we threw away a 2 goal lead only to win it in stoppage time.

Coppa Italia SF 1st Leg
Pescara 3-2 Atalanta
Bonaventura, Comas

**** SAKE!!!! I rested loads of players here and we succumbed to our first defeat of the season. We fell behind twice but fought back but Quitadamo got sent-off in the last minute and Seferovic completed his hat-trick in the 95th minute.

Lazio 1-3 Atalanta
Quintana, Signori 2

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 1st Leg

Chelsea 1-2 Atalanta
Lucero, Gabbiadini (pen)

A great win. Chelsea have signed the likes of Ander Herrera, Suarez, Pogba, Pedro and Fellaini so to win was a great achievement.

Atalanta 3-1 Genoa
Bonaventura, Forbice, Caprari

Another good win. Old man Gilardino scored for them with their only shot on goal. Nice to see 3 backup players get on the scoresheet.

Atalanta 1-0 Novara
Immobile

I expected a much bigger winning margin than this.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
NAHUEL LUCERO

View attachment 338236

View attachment 338237