Klippy, type in Atalanta Serie A into google search bar and lots of pics come up. Hope that helps. :)

2030 here we come!

Race you! I have the head start. You have the time and the pace at this game to beat me there.

Just had my 1st read through this and a Very good start. Where did you think you would come kicking off the 1st season as i thought you'd be in the running for European places maybe just outside the CL spots but looking safe for Champions League maybe even a shot at the League

[/CENTER]
Race you! I have the head start. You have the time and the pace at this game to beat me there.

Just had my 1st read through this and a Very good start. Where did you think you would come kicking off the 1st season as i thought you'd be in the running for European places maybe just outside the CL spots but looking safe for Champions League maybe even a shot at the League

Top 10 I thought with an outside chance of Europe. I was fortunate that when Denis got injured the transfer window was just around the corner.

Not going to win the league but happy enough with 2nd or 3rd!!!!!!

We need a update stop playing NHL 13 lol Plus Really enjoying this story

images

Our training ground

MAY

So the end of the season is upon us and we finish 3rd. Thankfully even if you added the 2pts we got deducted we would still have finished 3rd so there was no what if scenario.

To be honest I was quite disappointed with how the season ended - the Roma result being a case in point - but I cant really criticise my players after their efforts.

Cagliari, Siena and Torino are relegated (might try and steal Ogbonna lol) while Novara and Ternana are promoted so far.

Now for the hard work!!!! lol. At the moment with Cigarini, Biondini and Motta due to leave the club that means our first 3 choice central midfielders need replaced!!!!!!
-------------------------------------------

Atalanta 0-2 Roma

I am so disappointed with this result. We played well enough to at least get a point but ex Atalanta player Osvaldo scored both goals.

----------------------------------------------------

Sampdoria 1-1 Atalanta
Bonaventura

3rd place and Champions League football is secured. We were poor and should have lost to be honest and even the return of German Denis couldnt inspire us to victory. Napoli leap frogged us into 2nd place though.

--------------------------------------------------------

Atalanta 3-2 Torino
Denis, Kecskes, Giorgi

Denis moves level with Bonaventura to be our top league goalscorer (with 10) - he had 8 in the first 7!!!! I was pleased to see 17y/o Hungarian centre half Akos Kecskes score a goal. Giorgi is a player on loan but wont be here next season.

---------------------------------------------------------

Inter Milan 2-0 Atalanta

We had a Cigarini goal disallowed in the 1st minute here and that pretty much summed our day up. Thiago Motta got sent-off and we pretty much had a bad day at the office.

------------------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
THIAGO MOTTA

images

END OF SEASON POST TO FOLLOW.....

images

END OF SEASON POST

The end of the season and what a season it was!!!! I thought a top 10 finish was in us but to finish 3rd was amazing. The finances that the Champions League (should we negotiate the play-off) brings will really help the club move forward.

Fiorentina sacked their manager and appointed Frank De Boer while Inter Milan also sacked their manager - days after winning the cup - and appointed Hiddink. As yet I havent been linked with any jobs. I have loaded up 20 nations with 19 being view only and Italy being the only league being playable so no foriegn offers will come my way.

-----------------------------------------------------

FINAL LEAGUE TABLE & STATS

View attachment 329590
If I was an AC Milan season ticket holder I would ask for my money back!!!!!!

View attachment 329588View attachment 329589

MY PLAYER OF THE SEASON
MAXI MORALEZ

View attachment 329593
Others had a far better average rating but for his assists alone (8 more than anyone else in Serie A) he deserves this.

MY YOUNG PLAYER OF THE SEASON (U21)
LUCAS ZEN

View attachment 329594
My £1.5m signing settled in really well and although he didnt have much competition for the RB spot he performed admirably. Might not sign a new RB in the summer now.................

AWARDS
Serie A Team of the Year: Giacomo Bonaventura

OTHER NEWS

Barcelona thump Real Madrid 4-0 in the Champions League final
Spurs beat Atletico Madrid 3-1 in the Europa League final

great year!!! guess you could fight for the cl group stages...good luck!

Jeez, I go watch the match and miss half of the season :p. Great first season as usual and you were unlucky not to take 2nd with them point deductions. You'll win the league easy next season.

Also WTF is up with Cavani's shots on target ratio o_O

images

PRE-SEASON

This was a tough pre-season. Having to replace 3 first choice central midfielders on a shoestring budget is not easy. At the time of writing (the day of our 1st game of the season) I have £1m left to spend and I feel I really need to get another CM in.

As for that first game of the season it is against Liverpool in the Champions League!!!!!! It was the draw we could get and after promising Bonaventura and Bellusci that we would qualify for the Champions League within a year there is a lot riding on it - never mind the financial implications.

Overall I feel that we will do well to finish in the top 3 again but a European spot shouldnt be beyond us. I would like to think that more of my players will gain international recognition also.

PLAYERS IN
Firstly I will tell you the failed deals. Luca Cigarini is transfer listed at Napoli for £2.9m but his wage demands are astronomical!!!! I managed to get him down to £50k a week but that is still £20k a week higher than my current highest earner (Immobile) so I pulled out of it.

I put in enquiries for Crisetig, Romero and Caprari but I was either quoted far too much or simply rebuffed.

Here are my signings though.................

View attachment 329806
MANOLO GABBIADINI
£6m from Juventus (for the other 50%)

The decision to be made here is whether to play him up front or on the wing. Never had him before but I know he develops into a beast so I expect big things.

View attachment 329805
MARIO CENTURION
£6m from River Plate

With the right development and some game time I think this guy could be top class. In hindsight I maybe should have kept the £6m to sign a CM but I cant resist a good regen lol

View attachment 329809
ANDREA BERTOLACCI
£5m (£2.5m each) from Roma and Genoa

Once again I have never had this guy but I know what he can do. The fact that he is young and Italian is a boost also.

View attachment 329815
DAVID BECKHAM
Free transfer from Paris Saint-Germain

I needed a CM so for cover he should do a job. I must admit I thought he would bring extra merchandising sales but to no avail.

I also signed these two regens - Valencio for £1.4m and Del Gatto for £525K
View attachment 329807View attachment 329808

In addition to these players I welcomed back these 3 from loan spells.
View attachment 329819View attachment 329820View attachment 329821

----------------------------------------------------------------

PLAYERS OUT

Newly promoted Novara gave me £5.9m for Del Grosso, Ardemagni and Kone while everyone else left for small fees with the only one who played for me last season being Stendardo taking my transfer income to £8m. I also decided to loan out German Denis to Arsenal de Sarandi as with the arrival of Gabbiadini and Centurion I felt he would be blocking their way a bit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

SUMMARY

I think (and it is liable to change) that the changes will all be in midfield obviously. Will start against Liverpool with Bonaventura and Bertolacci in CM, move Maxi Moralez infield to AMC and Gabbiadini out on the LW. Everything else stays the same and I will start with Immobile up front.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OTHER NEWS

I got Austrian side Mattersburg and Belgian side Charleroi in as feeder clubs
Tugay Kermioglu joins the coaching staff
Consigli and Bellusci called up for Italy but not capped

images

AUGUST

We did it!!!!!! Champions League here we come! It was a tight affair against Liverpool but we managed to sneak through and in the group stages we will be up against Shakhtar Donetsk, PSV Eindhoven and Bayer Leverkusen. To tell the truth I would be quite happy to finish 3rd and have a shot at the Europa League while getting a bit of cash from the Champions League in the first instance but at the same time it is a group that we can easily qualify from.

As for domestic football we had a tough opening fixture against Juventus and somehow scraped a point before smashing Parma away from home.

Finally regarding transfers I loaned out a load of youngsters, missed out on Cigarini who went to Catania and Mohammed Sissoko (wages to high) but did manage to bring in one player...............

View attachment 329860
ALESSANDRO NESTA
Free transfer from Montreal Impact

He is just in to be a sub really and tutor some of my young defenders. Didnt cost anything so its a win win situation.

-----------------------------------------------

UEFA Champions League Play-Off 1st Leg

Liverpool 2-1 Atalanta
Canini

I am content with this outcome as we have the away goal. We took the lead on the hour mark and threw it away but I fancy our chances at home against them.

------------------------------------------------------

Atalanta 0-0 Juventus

We got battered here but somehow managed to keep them out to get a point.

-------------------------------------------------------

UEFA Champions League Play-Off 2nd Leg

Atalanta (1) 2-0 Liverpool (2)
Fierro, Maxi Moralez
(Agg: 3-2)

YES!!!! We were without a couple of players here and played Bertolacci and Bonaventura despite being unfit and the risk paid off. We were 2up at half-time and when Suarez got sent-off in the 2nd half we just saw the game out.

Parma 1-3 Atalanta
Marilungo, Bertolacci, Canini

A fantastic performance and a great result.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MICHELE CANINI

images

View attachment 329859

View attachment 329861

images

SEPTEMBER

An excellent month. We were solid and defended brilliantly this month, keeping 4 clean sheets in the process. 4 of the 5 games this month were tight affairs but we thrashed Napoli away from home to show how good we can be!

In the Champions League we picked up a point (and more importantly £500K) to kick start our group stage campaign. Leverkusen and PSV also drew.

-------------------------------------------------

Atalanta 1-0 Pescara
Immobile

We should have won by a lot more but in saying that Consigli saved a 2nd half penalty.

------------------------------------------------------

UEFA Champions League Group G
Atalanta 0-0 Shakhtar Donetsk

Kinda disappointed but kinda happy as we had Brivio sent-off.
View attachment 330030

Napoli 1-4 Atalanta
Marilungo 2, Immobile 2

What a result!!!! I dont know how we managed it as we were without Bertolacci and Bonaventura and in the end we got outshot and we had less posession (that never happens). Although its always handy when your first 3 attempts at goal fly in!

-------------------------------------------------------------

Atalanta 1-0 Chievo
Bertolacci

Genoa 0-1 Atalanta
Gabbiadini

The run continues! Consigli saved a penalty and then we broke away and scored immediately after. I am pleased that Gabbiadini got off the mark for us. He has assisted a couple so far also.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ANDREA CONSIGLI

images

4 clean sheets and 2 penalties saved

View attachment 330031

Great stuff man seems like youre loving the save

images

OCTOBER

Everything is going according to plan. We are scoring goals, keeping them out and generally playing well (apart from against Inter lol). In fact my biggest gripe so far this season is that in moving Bonaventura back I am losing his goal scoring threat.

Anywho we end the month top of our Champions League group and 2nd in Serie A where a group of 5 teams seem to be breaking away from the rest.

Fiorentina sacked Frank De Boer as a result of their shocking start to the season and Manolo Gabbiadini won the goal of the month award.

---------------------------------------------

PSV Eindhoven 0-0 Atalanta

Our 2nd no score draw in a row but I am pleased with this one as we were poor.

------------------------------------------------

Atalanta 3-0 Lazio
Marilungo, Gabbiadini, Fierro

Another clean sheet!!!! This is impressive stuff - 8 clean sheets in 11 games.

Inter Milan 3-0 Atalanta

Back down to earth we come as former Atalanta player Diego Milito struck a hat-trick.

---------------------------------------------------

Atalanta 3-0 Bayer Leverkusen
Gabbiadini, Immobile, Radovanovic

3 shots on target brought us 3 goals!!! Leverkusen deserved a point but we were ruthless.
View attachment 330274

Atalanta 3-0 Fiorentina
Marilungo, Gabbiadini, Maxi Moralez

Another excellent performance, another 3-0 scoreline and another clean sheet!

Ternana 3-4 Atalanta
Gabbiadini (pen), Immobile, Centurion, Saini

I rested a few players for this game (nice to be in such a position) and we were 3up at half-time and cruising but managed to throw it away in the 2nd half but fortunately 16y/o Saini struck in stoppage time to grab us the points.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MANOLO GABBIADINI

images

View attachment 330311

images

NOVEMBER

This month was frustrating. In the league we did ok although we were unlucky against Udinese but in the Champions League we lost twice to leave ourselves on the brink of going through and out at the same time!!!!

Some strange goings on happened also. Andrea Consigli got his 1st cap for Italy and said it proved you can be an international while at a smaller club yet when we lost to Shakhtar he requested a transfer saying that I hadnt improved the clubs standing in the game - Irejected it naturally.

Carlos Fierro also won his first cap for Mexico while in the Coppa Italia we have been drawn against Lazio.

Finally Pescara sacked their manager.

-------------------------------------------

Bologna 0-2 Atalanta
Maxi Moralez, Bertolacci

----------------------------------------------------------

Bayer Leverkusen 1-0 Atalanta

A boring game in which a draw would have been a fair outcome. Our first goal conceded in the group.

Atalanta 0-0 Udinese

We were without 5 first choice players for this game so it was always going to be difficult however I am disappointed as Maxi Moralez had a goal chalked off and we were generally poor anyway.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Catania 2-3 Atalanta
Immobile, Andujar (og), Gabbiadini (pen)

Catania are rock bottom without a win so I expected 3pts here. We were 2-0 and 3-1 up and then we let them back in it and were fortunate as Maxi Lopez had a goal disallowed for them which denied him his hat-trick.

Shakhtar Donetsk 3-2 Atalanta
Marilungo, Bertolacci

AAAGGGHHHHHH!!!!! We were 3-0 down after 49min despite dominating and although we fought back we just couldnt rescue a point. Unfortunately PSV scored a late winner so even if we beat them we could still go out...

View attachment 330348

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ANDREA BERTOLACCI

images

View attachment 330349

images

DECEMBER

Before this month I was always toying with the idea of benching Immobile, putting Gabbiadini up front, Maxi Moralez back on the left and Bonaventura back at AMC - NOT ANYMORE!!!!! Immobile was outstanding this month and even collected 2 hat-tricks.

I believe though that Juve will win the title again but another Champions League spot shouldnt be beyond us and as for this years Champions League - well just read below.......................

Atalanta 1-1 Palermo
Immobile

We were handicapped here as Bellusci got sent-off early on so a point is acceptable I suppose.

Verona 0-2 Atalanta
Immobile, Peluso

Verona put up a good fight here but 2 early goals was enough to kill them off. Maxi Moralez got injured though and is out for 6-7 weeks.

Atalanta 6-0 PSV Eindhoven
Immobile 3, Bonaventura, Bertolacci, Marilungo

PSV put out a reserve side and we thumped them! While Maxi Moralez is out I will play Bonaventura as the AMC again and he responded with a goal. A win for us counts for nothing if Shakhtar beat Leverkusen though..........................

View attachment 330385
WHICH THEY DIDNT!!!!!!!!

(We have been drawn against Paris Saint-Germain in the next round)

-----------------------------------------------------

Atalanta 3-3 Sampdoria
Immobile 3

This is the sort of game we should be winning so I am quite angry here. Although we were 3-1 down with 25min left so I should be grateful with a point.

Roma 1-0 Atalanta

Our stuttering league form continues as Pjanic scored the winner 4min into stoppage time. Totti had one disallowed too.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
CIRO IMMOBILE

images

View attachment 330391

images

Why hello there!!

JANUARY

Where to start? Well before the 1st of January was over I got offered the managers job at Catania with a transfer kitty of £19m!!!!! I refused of course. Then midway through the month I got offered the Udinese job with a £15m budget.

The board allowed me to change my expectations so I said we would get into the Champions League and they handed me £10m. So I duly went out and signed someone 2 days later on a free....................

View attachment 330437
ANDREA PIRLO
Free transfer from Juventus

He was transfer listed with an asking price of £150K but I chanced my arm to get him for nothing and it worked. He will play alongside Bertolacci in CM and Bonaventura will play AMC. Sorry Maxi Moralez!!! I have immediately put him on to tutor Siani.

That was it until deadline day where I brought in 2 Croatians (the keeper came in for £100K).............

View attachment 330444
DRAGUTIN PAVLICIC
£5m from Dinamo

I may have been blinded by the 20 finishing attribute but this guy is still very young and the fact he can play in numerous positions is a boost also.

View attachment 330447

I also agreed to sign Jetro Willems from PSV for free in the summer. Leaving the club was Carlos Matheu for £3.6m while Radovanovic was one of several players who left on loan.

Finally on the pitch we were excellent. We thumped AC Milan, battled to a draw against Juventus and reached the cup semis after putting 5 past Roma. Things are looking good!

Atalanta 4-0 AC Milan
Pirlo, Immobile 2, Bellusci

WOW!!!! We were excellent here. Pirlo had us ahead at half-time and in the 2nd half we just ripped them apart.

Novara 1-3 Atalanta
Immobile, Peluso, Marilungo

We struggled in the first half and were lucky to go in level but 2 quick goals in the 2nd half won it for us.

----------------------------------------------------------

Coppa Italia 1st Round
Atalanta 1-0 Lazio
Fierro

We scraped through here. Gabbiadini missed a first half penalty but Fierro came off the bench to put us into the quarter-finals.

Juventus 2-2 Atalanta
Capelli, Bertolacci

We fell behind to an early goal and Juve were excellent until Isla got sent-off and we finally levelled with 12min left but Llorente soon put them back ahead. Fortunately we got a last minute equaliser. Lucas Zen got injured and will miss pretty much the rest of the season.

Atalanta 1-0 Parma
Canini

A hard fought win that came at a price as now Gabbiadini is out injured for 6 weeks.

Coppa Italia QF

Roma 3-5 Atalanta
Immobile 3, Bellusci, Centurion
AET

I thought we had blown it here as we were 2-0 and 3-2 up but allowed them to bounce back. Immobile struck in extra-time for his hat-trick and Centurion sealed it. A great result.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
CIRO IMMOBILE

images

View attachment 330440

View attachment 330441