images

FEBRUARY

This has been such a tough month. I trimmed my squad a bit in January as I thought some prospects in the U20 squad would fill in but things havent worked out that way. We have really struggled and our defence isnt as solid as earlier in the season.

It wasnt bad though, after all we did beat PSG 4-2!!!! However a top 3 finish is still in the balance. I also agreed to sign to regen Argentinians for a total of £6m and they will arrive in the summer.

Finally AC Milan sacked Bielsa - I havent been linked to it though.

--------------------------------------------

Pescara 0-1 Atalanta
Pavlicic

We were missing 6 first picks here so were always likely to struggle and in the end a debut goal 2min from time from Pavlicic was enough for the points.

------------------------------------------------

Atalanta 3-4 Napoli
Bellusci, Immobile 2

Not good enough!!! We took the lead twice but we allowed Napoli to come back and win to get revenge for the thrashing we gave them earlier in the season.

---------------------------------------------------

Chievo 2-2 Atalanta
Pavlicic, Centurion

We had 4 shots and they had 18 yet we managed to throw away a 2 goal lead (they had 1 disallowed also). Not happy.

--------------------------------------------------

Coppa Italia SF 1st Leg
Pescara 1-2 Atalanta
Marilungo, Immobile

A win is good but we had one disallowed and gave them a lifeline thanks to a last minute penalty.

---------------------------------------------------------

Atalanta 1-0 Genoa
Immobile

-----------------------------------------------------------

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 1st Leg
Atalanta 4-2 Paris Saint-Germain
Centurion, Maxi Moralez, Immobile, Marilungo

I didnt have enough players to fill the bench here and a couple that were on the bench were only 85% fit so how we won this is anyones guess! We went a goal down very early on but found ourselves 3-1 up after 18min!

----------------------------------------------------------

Lazio 1-1 Atalanta
Immobile

The way my squad is at the moment any point is gladly accepted. Maxi Moralez had a goal disallowed though.

------------------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
CIRO IMMOBILE (again)
images

View attachment 330623

immobile seems good for u!

can we see a screen of hes attributes?

images

MARCH

An amazing month. I decided to promote a few youth players so I had more options. They will probably be loaned out next season but Kecskes, Pugliese, Cason and Barlocco will get a few outings.

Also, like Saini last year, the best player of this years intake has been promoted.............
View attachment 330739
ERNESTO LUCA SIGNORI

It was a mixed month for Bonaventura as he scored on his debut for Italy, grabbed a hat-trick against Ternana and then got injured and will miss the rest of the season. Bellusci also won his first cap. I expect Bertolacci, Immobile (who broke Pippo Inzaghi's club record for most goals in a season) and Gabbiadini to be capped soon.

Finally on the field we got back to winning ways which not only has us in pole position for a Champions League spot for next season but we also find ourselves in the Champions League quarter-finals (against Man Utd) and Coppa Italia final (against Juventus).

---------------------------------------------

Fiorentina 0-1 Atalanta
Immobile

Fiorentina are in the bottom 3 and we piled more misery on them. Centurion had a goal disallowed.

------------------------------------------------------

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 2nd Leg
Paris Saint-Germain (2) 1-2 Atalanta (4)
Valencio, Centurion
(Agg: 3-6)

I am so proud of my team with this result. I thought the first leg was a fluke but we were excellent here. It was 0-0 with 10min left but my 2 subs scored to put the icing on the cake.

-------------------------------------------------------

Atalanta 5-1 Ternana
Bonaventura 3, Immobile 2

Bonaventura finally gets his first league goals of the season.

Atalanta 3-0 Bologna
Valencio 2, Gabbiadini (pen)

After 20min both players had a man stretchered off and they had a man sent-off but it was Valencio (on for the injured Bonaventura) who stole the show. Bonaventura's season is over though as he is out for 4 months.

Coppa Italia SF 2nd Leg

Atalanta (2) 2-2 Pescara (1)
Centurion 2
(Agg:4-3)

I took a risk and rested several players here and it paid off - JUST!!!!. We were 2-0 down with 20min left! Into the final we go.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Udinese 1-2 Atalanta
Immobile, Bellusci

-------------------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
GIUSEPPE BELLUSCI

images

View attachment 330745

images

APRIL

This month saw us almost have an epic comeback in the Champions League, secure Champions League football for next season and all but secure 2nd place in the league.

I also agreed to sell a few players with Maxi Moralez, Brivio and Capelli all finding new clubs. I feel we are maybe one or two players short of being a real top side and to topple Juventus but that also depends on my youngsters developing.

Speaking of youngsters - Andrea Pirlo agreed a new one year contract lol.

Juventus wrapped up the title, Fiorentina are relegated and we would have played Dinamo Kiev if we knocked out Man Utd.

UEFA Champions League QF 1st Leg
Manchester United 4-1 Atalanta
Bertolacci

Rooney struck a hat-trick for them the ***** that he is. I thought I had a lifeline when we got one back but Nani killed us off.

Atalanta 3-1 Catania
Canini, Immobile, Maxi Moralez

We were a goal down at half-time and responded in the 2nd half thankfully. 5 league wins in a row now.

UEFA Champions League QF 2nd Leg
Atalanta (1) 2-0 Manchester United (4)
Pirlo, Gabbiadini
(Agg: 3-4)

******* DODGY REFEREE!!!!!! He disallowed Ciro Immobile's goal that would have seen us go through - I am blatantly ignoring the fact that he sent-off Rafael and Rooney in the first 30min lol.

Palermo 2-0 Atalanta

Lucas Zen made his return here (Femenia had been standing in) but we got what we deserved here.

Atalanta 6-2 Verona
Immobile 3(1pen), Bertolacci, Gabbiadini (pen), Signori

A good performance against a team all but relegated. Signori scored on his first start for the club.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Sampdoria 1-2 Atalanta
Gabbiadini, Immobile

---------------------------------------------------------------

Atalanta 1-1 Inter Milan
Nordtveit (og)

This qualifies us for the Champions League next season.

------------------------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MANOLO GABBIADINI

images

View attachment 330767

Man this is jokes, you are insane at football manager hahaha this is absolutely ridiculous

images

MAY

My first trophy is secured (and the clubs 2nd) as we won the Coppa Italia in a thrilling final. Hopefully this will give my players a big confidence boost to kick them on to the next level. Our run in in the league suffered as I rested players for the cup final but we still managed to grab 2nd place and we won the cup so everyone is happy lol.

Atalanta 0-1 Roma

---------------------------------------------------------

AC Milan 1-1 Atalanta
Fierro

This point secures 2nd place. Pirlo scored on his debut for us against this lot. This time he got sent-off midway through the first half!

Atalanta 1-0 Novara
Kecskes

Coppa Italia Final
Juventus 2-3 Atalanta
Brivio, Fierro 2
AET

WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! What a final!!! We took the lead in the 5th minute through Brivio in his last game for us and we were looking solid. So much so I put on Fierro, Signori and Saini for Pirlo, Immobile and Centurion but Vucinic levelled in the last minute.

However in stoppage time they had Lichtsteiner sent-off so we went into extra-time confident but it was short lived as Bertolacci got sent-off 5min into extra-time. Fierro put us in front before Canini scored an OG to put them level and then we had Brivio taken off injured to put us down to having 9 men but Fierro slammed one in from 25 yards to win us the cup.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
CARLOS FIERRO
images

END OF SEASON POST TO FOLLOW..........................

Great win over Juve...... Do you ever get bored of just dominating your saves? :p

nice grats to the cup win. Fun reading :)

I am starting same seson as u with Lazio. Juventus is dominating my save to. they won double two times though.

I got the following italians in my squad

Astori - amazing left back
Bellusci- very good and consistent right back
Poli - World class midfielder, plays mid in gli azuri
Cristieg- Upcoming talent
Arrigoni-upcoming talent

I can recomend all of em if u need italians. I am using and 4-4-2 tactic.

Whut tactic are u using? From your team matchreports it seems your strikers scores alot of your team goals?

KLIPP: Can you post a screenshot with your tactic ? The tactic and the instructions of it, please ?
Your doing so well and you're a master !!

nice grats to the cup win. Fun reading :)

I am starting same seson as u with Lazio. Juventus is dominating my save to. they won double two times though.

I got the following italians in my squad

Astori - amazing left back
Bellusci- very good and consistent right back
Poli - World class midfielder, plays mid in gli azuri
Cristieg- Upcoming talent
Arrigoni-upcoming talent

I can recomend all of em if u need italians. I am using and 4-4-2 tactic.

Whut tactic are u using? From your team matchreports it seems your strikers scores alot of your team goals?

I have Bellusci at CB and he is my highest valued player at £15.5m. Crisetig and Arrigoni havent moved clubs yet in this save but Poli is at Benfica and Astori is at Spurs.

Great win over Juve...... Do you ever get bored of just dominating your saves?
tongue.gif

Some saves I do (ie Newcastle) but never with Bilbao and in this save I havent dominated yet but with me continuing to develop young players I probably wont get bored for a long while yet!

KLIPP: Can you post a screenshot with your tactic ? The tactic and the instructions of it, please ?
Your doing so well and you're a master !!

I will post it on the OP - forgot to do it on this story. I thought everyone knew it by now lol

great story so far, couldn't think of a better team to choose than atalanta. great facilities but still challenging