Klippybo

Premium
Reaction score
images

WELCOME

Its taken a while but I have finally decided on my new save and story. After a week or so of looking at teams, managing teams for a month or two to see if I would enjoy it and basically just frustrating myself I stumbled across Atalanta (while checking out Napoli) and it just felt right for some reason (considering I have only just loaded the game and havent even checked my squad yet that is some statement).

So why does it feel "right"? Well I didnt want to start at the very bottom and I didnt want to start at the very top I decided so why not go a team that is in a top division but has had little or no success with a player or two I can work with at the start and build a legacy with them.

------------------------------------------------------

TROPHIES WON
1 Coppa Italia in 1963 and 5 Serie B titles and 1 Italian Serie C1/A title - not a lot to shout about!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They did reach the Cup Winners Cup semis in 1988 as a Serie B side which is the furthest a team from outside a top division has got to in a European Competition.

For the record their highest placed finish in Serie A is 5th which was way back in 1948!

------------------------------------------------------------

FACILITIES AND OTHER INFO

View attachment 329060View attachment 329059

-----------------------------------------------------------------

CURRENT SQUAD

I havent actually checked out the reserve or youth sides yet - only glanced at the first team but there are a few names here that I have managed before like Marilungo, Cigarini, Bonaventura and Consigli. Obviously with the team having a predicted finish of 18th and with a 2pt deduction we arent expected to pull up any trees in the first season.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

SO THERE YOU HAVE IT!!!!!

I will be using my usual tactic (4-2-3-1 see below) and thats about it. I WILL 1000000000% stick with this after my failed attempt at the San Marino save and my short but sweet Newcastle one so I hope peeps will follow. 2030 here we come!

View attachment 330855View attachment 330854
(As ever dont pay attention to the player roles - I change it to suit the individual player)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

SEASON SUMMARY

SEASON
SERIE A
COPPA ITALIA
ITALIAN SUPER CUP
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
EUROPEAN SUPER CUP
CLUB WORLD CUP
U20S
TROPHIES
STAR OF YOUTH INTAKE
2012-133rd1st R-----C.Saini
2013-14Runners-UpWINNERS-QF---E.L. Signori
2014-15WINNERS
WINNERS
Runners-Up1st Round---A.Quitadamo
2015-16WINNERSQFWINNERSRunners-Up---M.Mangiarotti
2016-17
WINNERS
WINNERS
WINNERS
WINNERS
-
-
League and Cup
F.Cappannelli

Last edited:
Yes!! An Atalanta save, good choice. I'll enjoy reading following this.

By the way, don't sell 'Giacomo Bonaventure' like ever, :). He becomes world class.

Whey finally found a team, good luck and will follow as always :)

I've been to Bergamo and really liked it there. Also been right past the ground! Best of luck, will be following as I like an Italian story, lots of experience there myself with my San Marino save!

Yes!! An Atalanta save, good choice. I'll enjoy reading following this.

By the way, don't sell 'Giacomo Bonaventure' like ever, :). He becomes world class.

I have had him in my Italy squad before but never really been impressed but will keep him for sure!!!

Really? I must admit when I saw the established youth development and training facilities that was the clincher!!!!

Atalanta have a tradition of being an excellent football academy despite being a relatively small club, always have plenty of talented youngsters but tend to sell them sooner rather than later. Hopefully you can keep them and produce even better ones :)

images

PRE-SEASON & AUGUST

The bedding in process has begun!!!! It took me a little while to assess my squad but I feel I have enough talent to stave off relegation. I told the board I would finish mid-table so that is what I have to get!!!!!! Fortunately the board gave me a little extra cash when I requested it and I also got Portuguese outfit Beira-Mar as a feeder side.

As for the talent in the squad here are my top 5 players (Cigarini is on loan)
View attachment 329087View attachment 329088View attachment 329089View attachment 329090View attachment 329091

PLAYERS IN
Perhaps somewhat surprisingly my biggest signing was already sitting in the reserves!!!! I didnt realise Manolo Gabbiadini was co-owned by Atalanta so I vowed to do whatever it took to get him and I ended up selling a midfielder to stump up the £6m to get him however he is out on loan and wont arrive until the end of the season!!!!

Here are my other signings...........

View attachment 329092
CARLOS FIERRO
£4.5m from Chivas

I have never had him fully developed so this should be the first time. Had to decide whether to patch up my squad for the short term or aim long term............

View attachment 329093
GIUSEPPE BELLUSCI
£3m + 50% of Cazzola from Catania

I desperately needed a CB so to get a player this good, this cheap was a huge bonus. Will be the rock at the back.

View attachment 329095
LUCAS ZEN
£1.5m from Botafogo

I seem to remember him being a decent prospect a few years back so as I needed a RB and his release clause was so low I decided to go for it!

View attachment 329097
KIKO FEMENIA
£800,000 from Barcelona B

I have seen this guy do well for me before and he was cheap so it was a no brainer!!!

View attachment 329098
VITO MANNONE
On loan from Arsenal

Errrrrr - needed a backup keeper!!!

PLAYERS OUT

In order to get Gabbaidini I sold Chilean CM Carmona to Benfica for £9.75m other than that I sold 2 veterans for a total of £1.5m and released a couple and terminated a few loans. From my U20 squad I sent out about 20 players on loan!!!!!!

In terms of rejected offers I have turned down several co-ownership bids for Marilungo and Radovanovic while I offered Napoli the £4.3m to get Cigarini but he refuses to speak to me!

-------------------------------------------------------

Coppa Italia 3rd Qual. Round

Atalanta 1-0 Brescia
Stendardo

My first ever game and it is against my fiercest rivals!!! I would have liked a bigger winning margin but hey ho. Fierro made his debut on the RW here.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Parma 1-1 Atalanta
Denis

Up to -1pts!!!! Both players had a man sent-off also so to get a point away from home is a nice start.

----------------------------------------------------------------

SERIE A TRANSFERS

View attachment 329104

I thought I better give you an inlook to my backroom staff. I brought in a new assistant and director of football and made Italian legend Bergomi a coach. The clubs only legend is Glenn Stromberg so I got him in too........

View attachment 329158View attachment 329159View attachment 329160View attachment 329161View attachment 329162

There are several other really good members of staff but I thought I would pick 5 of the main ones. Even my u20 goalkeeping coach has 18 for gk coaching and 20 for working with youngsters...................

Also against Brescia we came up against Danny Welbecks granny!!
View attachment 329163

Z
images

I think this is the stadium lol

SEPTEMBER

A very good month but it could have been so much better as we threw away a 3 goal lead against Fiorentina and also let a lead slip against Chievo. However we remain unbeaten and would be in 6th place if it wasnt for the points deduction we incurred.

One thing that has been made abundantly clear is that I need to strengthen my defence. I am happy with my keeper and Bellusci but judging by the sheer amount of goals we are conceding that is an area that needs improvement. It doesnt help that one of my best defenders is banned until 2014 presumably due to match fixing.

In other news Inter Milan were taken over by a local businessman and my next game isnt until the 21st of next month!

---------------------------------------------

Atalanta 3-3 Fiorentina
Marilungo, Bonaventura 2

Thats the point reduction cancelled out - BUT WE WERE 3-0 UP AFTER 30MIN!!!!!!! Not happy at all.

Chievo 2-2 Atalanta
Denis 2(2pens)

Another draw!!!! We fell behind before going ahead and then throwing it away again!

Atalanta 2-0 Bologna
Canini, Denis

YAY!!!!! We get a league win at the 4th attempt and even more pleasingly we record a clean sheet.

---------------------------------------------------------

Siena 2-3 Atalanta
Denis 2, Bonaventura

Siena are bottom of the table (thanks to a 6pt reduction) but we had to battle for this as we came from behind twice to ****** the victory.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
GERMAN DENIS

images

View attachment 329217

Last edited:
images

OCTOBER

WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! 3 games and 3 wins this month as my team have seemingly clicked. We finish the month 2nd in the table but hard times may be around the corner as our next 3 games are against AC Milan, Juventus and Udinese.

I am thinking a top 10 finish is on the cards as long as we stay injury free as I really dont have the squad depth. When I look at the bench out of the 12 players maybe only 3 are close to starting!

-------------------------------------------

Atalanta 4-2 Palermo
Biondini, Maxi Moralez 2, Denis

Palermo are really struggling so to win so comfortably may not be a surprise. After 3 draws in a row we have now won 3 in a row.

----------------------------------------------

Lazio 1-2 Atalanta
Denis, Bellusci

What a victory!!!! Sure Lazio have only won once so far but we got battered and somehow held on. We did create plenty of opportunities ourselves but Lazio had 23 attempts.

----------------------------------------------

Atalanta 2-0 Genoa
Canini, Bonaventura

This was a complete performance and I am extremely proud. We absolutely battered them although didnt score the 2nd until injury time came and we didnt give them a sniff.

-------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MAXI MORALEZ

images

View attachment 329262

I'd imagine you probably get this question fairly often but what facepack(s) do you use? and where do you download them?

Going to be following this btw looks interesting, plus Atlanta seem to get taken over alot.

images

NOVEMBER

The goals dried up a bit this month and we lost a couple of times but it was still a decent month which sees us sitting in 4th place. We performed admirably against Juve and Milan but didnt do ourselves justice against Udinese.

Milan sacked Allegri and appointed Marcelo Bielsa while Genoa also sacked their manager.

-----------------------------------------------

Juventus 2-1 Atalanta
Brivio

The top 2 go head to head and the minnows just lose out. We took an early lead but couldnt hold on yet I am pleased with the overall performance. My first defeat! Sniff sniff.

--------------------------------------------------

Atalanta 1-1 AC Milan
Bellusci

Before the game I would have happily taken a point but we should have won it. We had 14 attempts in the first half as we played them off the park but we couldnt score and lo and behold Traore put them ahead after the break. Fortunately we quickly levelled and almost snatched it at the end.

Milan sacked Allegri after this game!

--------------------------------------------------

Udinese 2-0 Atalanta

Poor performance and a poor result but I guess we were overdue one!

-----------------------------------------------------

Atalanta 1-0 Pescara
Biondini

I didnt think we were going to get the points here as we battered them, had a goal disallowed through Maxi Moralez but Biondini struck late on to give us the points against the other surprise package of the season.

Coppa Italia 4th Qual. Round

Atalanta 4-0 Padova
Bonaventura 3(1pen), De Luca

I was determined to play a backup team here and I just about managed to put one out (methinks I loaned too many prospects out) and it was my only first pick who made the difference.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
GIACOMO BONAVENTURA

images

View attachment 329277