Athletico reject Chelsea mega bid for Aguero and Godin

holy bujesus that's a large sum of cash

So how could they reject the £39m bid from Real then?
becuase minimum fee release clauses arent as cut and dried as fm, it may only apply to foreign clubs, and as far as i know chelsea didnt breach it

And i very much dout Aguero would want to join Madrid anyway.

Would show real intention from abramovich again!

and i think aguero would prefer to move to real madrid though.. means him stayin in spain and madrid and also playing for a world class side not one on the slide like atletico

Oh dear, looks like Roman is interested in Chelsea again :S Interesting to see Real Madrid had a 39M bid rejected for Aguero as well.

Why are they after Godin if David Luiz is on his way too. Maybe what Cjacko said somewhere about Alex --> Milan has some truth in it.

I really hope this doesn't happen, I don't think Aguero would adapt well to the English game, he's a lot better suited for Spanish or Italian football. If he goes to England, he'll be turned into a workhouse, just like Tevez, and might lose his skills and goal-scoring abilities.

As for Atletico, they bought him for a lot of money back when he was a teenager, so I doubt they'll want to sell him for less than 40 million quid. Also, let's not forget he signed a new contract last year that doesn't expire until 2014. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but I don't think this deal will happen. Chelsea can get another promising young striker (or a proven one) for cheaper. They should go for Suarez if you ask me.

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

Would show real intention from abramovich again!

and i think aguero would prefer to move to real madrid though.. means him stayin in spain and madrid and also playing for a world class side not one on the slide like atletico

Are you kidding? Kun is way more loyal than that...no way he is going to Real Madrid. Not to mention Atletico wouldn't want to sell him to them. I think they would sell him for 39 million though if it's to another club, perhaps Chelsea.

I really hope this doesn't happen, I don't think Aguero would adapt well to the English game, he's a lot better suited for Spanish or Italian football. If he goes to England, he'll be turned into a workhouse, just like Tevez, and might lose his skills and goal-scoring abilities.

As for Atletico, they bought him for a lot of money back when he was a teenager, so I doubt they'll want to sell him for less than 40 million quid. Also, let's not forget he signed a new contract last year that doesn't expire until 2014. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but I don't think this deal will happen. Chelsea can get another promising young striker (or a proven one) for cheaper. They should go for Suarez if you ask me.

just like tevez.. lose his skills... goalscoring ability...
tevez is 2nd top goal scorer in the league and is an unbelievable player... tbh if aguero turns out like tevez whoever has him will be a very happy club!

Well done for Atletico for showing a fair amount of steel. Not easy to turn down £52m when Chelsea come knocking. ****** glad they did though, however much I want to see Aguero in the Premiership.

Could be a deal thats done in the summer then insted. Aguero has stated he would like to join Chelsea. And another thing, remember Maradonna saying he wants to move to London... Maybe there is somthing in this then??
Just because Aguero's dating Maradonna's daughter doesn't mean they have to move to the same place as each other?

In what world is Aguero not suited to english football?

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

Are you kidding? Kun is way more loyal than that...no way he is going to Real Madrid. Not to mention Atletico wouldn't want to sell him to them. I think they would sell him for 39 million though if it's to another club, perhaps Chelsea.
Clearly not as they rejected £52M for the two of them? Not like Godin's worth more than £13M?

I heard that Atletico's chairman rejescted a 45M bid for Aguero by Real Madrid ..

Just because Aguero's dating Maradonna's daughter doesn't mean they have to move to the same place as each other?

He is going to want to be close to his Daughter and grandchild thats all im stating.

---------- Post added at 04:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 AM ----------

Im still pretty optamistic this deal will get done in the summer. I think he will see this season out and then Atletico will use the summer to find a replacement.

Seems as if all this is going to breakdown into nothing. Great stuff :)

yeah, becuase tevez losts his skills and goal scoring abilities...
Kun could definitely play well in the premier league, would be a fantastic addition

---------- Post added at 04:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 AM ----------

they are unlikely to do a deal this window, but the summer will see an almost certain move, atletico wont want to disrupt their squad any more than they have already

yeah, becuase tevez losts his skills and goal scoring abilities...
Kun could definitely play well in the premier league, would be a fantastic addition

---------- Post added at 04:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 AM ----------

they are unlikely to do a deal this window, but the summer will see an almost certain move, atletico wont want to disrupt their squad any more than they have already

It seems Aguero is happy enough there. Have not heard anything about him actually wanting to leave. May be wrong of course, but just because teams make offers doesn't mean he wants to go.