Athletico reject Chelsea mega bid for Aguero and Godin

all you lot sayin "oh now ramon's interested in chelsea" is quite disrespectful.
the man's put a lot of hard work and money into the club over the last few years and his dream was to make chelsea self-sufficient with it's own youth setup that would sustain it without him. this season was his idea that they'd all step up - unfortunately that hasn't worked out so he realises he needs to spend more to keep us there for the time being.
saying that he's not been interested in us however is completed rubbish.

It seems Aguero is happy enough there. Have not heard anything about him actually wanting to leave. May be wrong of course, but just because teams make offers doesn't mean he wants to go.
think hes getting itchy feet, hence the drop in min fee from 52 to 39

---------- Post added at 05:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 AM ----------

all you lot sayin "oh now ramon's interested in chelsea" is quite disrespectful.
the man's put a lot of hard work and money into the club over the last few years and his dream was to make chelsea self-sufficient with it's own youth setup that would sustain it without him. this season was his idea that they'd all step up - unfortunately that hasn't worked out so he realises he needs to spend more to keep us there for the time being.
saying that he's not been interested in us however is completed rubbish.
its no secret that hes trying to cut expenditure, but the squad needs refreshing

he's trying to cut down because he wants chelsae to become self-sufficient - he's not going to be there forever!
and yes that's what I'm saying, he's realised now that the team needs boosting because it is threadbare atm.

Surely his new contract would suggest otherwise. Will just have to wait and see I guess.

Surely his new contract would suggest otherwise. Will just have to wait and see I guess.
his new contract was a bumper wage one, but when you stick in a lower min fee, it doesnt extend the value much, not outside spain anyway (but maybe that was the intention, if he has to go, let it not be to a club in spain?) think a lot depends on how their season ends

his new contract was a bumper wage one, but when you stick in a lower min fee, it doesnt extend the value much, not outside spain anyway (but maybe that was the intention, if he has to go, let it not be to a club in spain?) think a lot depends on how their season ends

I think it will not end well, IMO .. Quique may be on his way out, but the payers are against it .. They will not win anything this season .. wouldn't be surprised if Aguero leaves, either for Chelsea or Real Madrid ..

Sadly, contracts seem to mean nothing these days!

Also, about David Luiz he's a quality player, but if it means Alex going A.C, then Benfica can keep David Luiz!

Sadly, contracts seem to mean nothing these days!

Also, about David Luiz he's a quality player, but if it means Alex going A.C, then Benfica can keep David Luiz!

If he goes it wont be in this window.

Money matters, not loyalty mate ..

Even though I agree with you, I think loyalty does matter this time, at least from the 'persona' Kun has been showing.

All honesty, I'd love for Aguero to stay at Atletico (Athletic is a different club, fellas) and help them grow to be a major force in Spain.

We dont need another Tevez in EPL to play agains us. Im hoping he'll joing Real.

Money matters, not loyalty mate ..

There are still several one-club men around, mate, and that's an extreme case. Just not moving to your arch rivals is enough in this case, and I'd dare say most, or at the very least a large amount of players have the dignity to decline such moves. Not everyone plays for the money. Many do, though, I'll agree with you on that, but you can't just put everyone together and point your finger at the lot.

oh no, all the noise is coming from chelski, man utd have to buy a new winger..... giggs is terrific but can't go on forever !

Don't go to Chelski please Aguero! Go to Barca or maybe other clubs but never Chelsea!!

just like tevez.. lose his skills... goalscoring ability...
tevez is 2nd top goal scorer in the league and is an unbelievable player... tbh if aguero turns out like tevez whoever has him will be a very happy club!

In what world is Aguero not suited to english football?

yeah, becuase tevez losts his skills and goal scoring abilities...
Kun could definitely play well in the premier league, would be a fantastic addition

---------- Post added at 04:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 AM ----------

they are unlikely to do a deal this window, but the summer will see an almost certain move, atletico wont want to disrupt their squad any more than they have already

Except that Tevez wasn't that goal-scorer at United, he was a set-up man for Ronaldo and Rooney. Before he went to Man City he even commented that he didn't like the player that he had become, that when he played for Boca and Corinthians he used to be much more of a goal-scorer. Those of us that watched Tevez back in those days remember that he used to be a completely different type of player...smaller, less fit, but more skilled and more of a goal-scorer. True, since coming to City he has a different role than at United and has regained his goal-scoring touch, but you can't deny that he would have been a different type of player had he gone to Spain (not better, different). I guarantee you that if Aguero goes to England, especially Chelsea, he will turn into that workhorse type player that Tevez is, and his main job will be running down balls, chasing defenders, and stretching out the defense. Since I'm a fan of his and like the way he plays, I don't want to see this happen, I'd like him to continue to be the type of player that he is now.

And as for how he'll settle in England, none of us know how that'll work out so let's stop pretending that we do. I'm sure he'll do fine since he's a great player, but I do think he's a lot better cut out for playing in Spain or Italy, where he'll have a lot more time on the ball. Another reason I don't want him to go to England.

For those of you that think he'll go to Real Madrid, it will NOT happen. Ever. He is a very loyal player and has a lot of affinity towards Atletico, who have shown so much faith in him. As for whether or not he'll go to Chelsea, a lot of you are speaking too soon. I think it mostly depends on how this season finishes. The problem is Atletico is ten points out of 4th place and Valencia and Villareal have looked very good this season. I don't think Atletico will qualify for the Champions League. There is also a good chance though that Chelsea won't qualify for the Champions League. They look like a team that is going downhill and getting too old, unless Roman goes on a big spending spree before the new rules kick into place. If Atletico qualifies for the Champions League and Chelsea doesn't, why would Kun want to go? Don't forget that he really likes it at Atletico. Believe it or not, some players would rather play in Spain.

lol just as people were saying Roman is cutting down on the huge spending, he reminds us all that he is a billionaire too...

Why Chelski ? Im one curious son of a ****** XD