Attacking corners ( 14.3 ) new set piece with potential

nezza6969

Reaction score
iv'e tried my own attacking set pieces and it's going really well atm

I use this in real life and it's been very affected, make sure though you have your left foot taker on the right and right foot taker on the left, let me know how it gets on.

with this set up in a friendly match I had 12 corners and scoring 6 of them.

I need more testing to see if it works for others as well, this is not an exploit nor an engine breaker I just thought I could show you's how myself and my young lads score alot of goals from set pieces.

any improvement would be highly grateful.

oh and make sure to have your RB & LB taking the corners, if your playing with a tactic with no fullbacks let your 2 players who stay back take them

steps to use players in the same roles ------

STEP 1

View attachment 404435 no players are ticked.

STEP 2

View attachment 404431 tick the player you want in a role. when in the role untick him.

STEP 3

View attachment 404428 you have now unticked your player.

STEP 4

View attachment 404427 tick another one of your player and put him in the same role as your last player.

STEP 5

View attachment 404424 tick your previous player and you will notice they both have the same roles, you can do this with many players for different roles.

Last edited:
when I do set pieces for my young lads the first thing that comes to my head is that the opposition always marks your defenders and strikers, even in FM14 this happens so I decided to give you's some more input.

when you have corners during your game play you will see your defenders and strikers being marked but they won't mark players outside the penalty area and this is crucial, from the picture above you will see 3 of your players attacking ball from deep these are the guys who will either set up goals are even score them themselves.

whilst the ball is being played towards your 3 players the opposition stays near the keeper and not going forward to chase them down if they did they will leave there own keeper and defenders expose.

also any players can fit into these roles but remember and this is important your defenders and strikers must be the only players in the box to be marked, if you have defenders or strikers attacking from deep you won't get many goals and even leave yourself expose to quick counter

I am nearly at the first game of the season so I'm going to test this for a full season and i'll upload how many goals have been scored from corners.

P.S I would also highly recommend using tomfmlfc defensive set pieces I went through an entire season without conceding a goal from corners in my old save and I'm still using this technique.

How do you get 3 players to all attack the ball from deep? My game won't let me...

How do you get 3 players to all attack the ball from deep? My game won't let me...

if you look at my picture the second one you will need to be on this, when you are on this untick all of your players so they are left on default, then tick 1 player you want to be in this position and then untick him, then chose another player that you want to be in the same position tick him and use the same role as your other player.

then tick the other player that you used first, should should see 2 of your players in the same roles.

if you still don't know how to do it I can post some screen shots for you.

I haven't been on it yet but I will after today's Newcastle game against Palace, once iv'e done half a season i'll post some screen shots

Great job finding out how to get players to perform the same roles in corners. will be testing this out with my new tactics and making adjustments only if needed

Does this work?

Played my first game with it and scored twice. But i was using Arsenal and it was against Norwich so I will keep testing and update everyone

Still playing the match and just scored again. I will upload video of the goals in after math is complete

Just wanted to help out nezza for being so helpful on my own threads. So i decided to upload video of the corner goals in my first game.

I tried this corner setup in one game whilst testing out my new tactic and I scored 3 times from the corners.

View attachment 404203

[video=youtube_share;4owayB9sKvY]http://youtu.be/4owayB9sKvY[/video]

Last edited: