Weiry1

Reaction score
Australian Pyramid
Hello all this is the first version of my Australian Pyramid it only goes down to Level 5 but in the next update it will (hopefully) go down to Level 6 & maybe 7 (depending on how much time I have.

So What's Included?
The Australian Premier League (APL) The Top Tier of Australian Football 14 clubs 1 Relegation 6 Playoff Spots.
Clubs include: All Hyundai A League Clubs, ASB Premiership Champions Auckland City, Brisbane Strikers, South Hobart and Lastly the Newly formed Canberra United.

The National Premier League (NPL) The 2nd Tier of Australian Football. 16 clubs, 1 Relegation 1 PromotionClubs Include: All NPL Winners from the 2014 NPL Season and Runners Up.

The National First Division The 3rd Tier of Australian Football 16 clubs. 1 Relegation 1 Promotion Clubs include: Heidelberg United, Devonport City, Sorrento FC, West Adelaide and many more!

The State League Premier The 4th Tier of Australian Football with 8 State Leagues in it with 12 clubs in each State League (excluding South Australia who have 11) 1 Relegation for each State League (8 In Total) and you think you're promoted when you win the league? well nope sorry you're going to have to battle all the other State League Winners in the Promotion Playoff 1 Promotion Don't worry if you don't win there's always next year :p Clubs Include: Glenorcchy Knights, Dandenong Thunder, Stirling Lions, Adelaide City, Western Pride, Malaysian Based Club Harimau Muda, Sydney United 58, Lake Macquarie, FFA COE and many many more.

Level 5 The 5th Tier of Australian Football Pretty much just like The State League Premier withb the State Leagues etc. a lot of mixture in club sizes from 8 Clubs (ACT) to 14 (South Australia) But don't worry there's no Promotion Playoff if you win you go to the State League Premier (say Bankstown City win NSW First Div. Go up to NSW Prem) Relegation goes to each sub divisions respected State Division in Level 6

Level 6 The 6th Tier of Australian Football Same as Level 5 pretty much. 2 Things to note is that the Northern Territory Premiership is in it as a slot for South Australia and Canberra United and South Hobart field "B" Teams bin their respective State Divisions as there were no teams left to fill. Clubs Include Kotara South, Casuarina FC, Dulwich Hill, Ipswich Knights, UC Pumas, Derwent United, Fawkner Blues and Olympic Kingsway

Level 7 The 7th Tier of Australian Football Tasmania, ACT and South Australia/Northern Territory are unplayable due to the leagues being Reserve Leagues pretty much but there is promotion. Clubs include: Byron Bay FC, Dapto-Dandaloo Fury, Burleigh Heads, South Springvale, Queens Park (AUS).

Level 8 - The 8th Tier of Australian Football

Under 20s and Under 18s: Every team (I Think has Under 20s side and Under 18s Side) There are about 27 Groups in each Age Division. This is pretty much just a Youth Cup of sorts.

FFA Cup: Every team from the APL down to Level 7 Compete Which is over 300 Clubs!

Waratah Cup: Every Team located in The ACT, NSW and NNSW compete in this cup.

Mirabella Cup: Every team located in Victoria are in this cup.

Canale Cup: Every Team in Queensland Compete.

Federation Cup: Every Team in South Australia and Northern Territory Compete.

Cool Ridge Cup: Every Team in Western Australia Compete

Milan Lakoseljac: Every Team in Tasmania Compete.

Champions League Qualifying
It's pretty simple if you finish 1st in the APL you will be in the Asians Champions League but there's more IF you win the Playoffs in the APL you're also in the Champions League and if you win the FFA Cup you will compete in the Champions League so you could be a lowly rated team like Lanyon United and you could still get in the Champions League but it will be tough.

Future Updates:

So what are some future updates you may ask? well here's a list and a bit of an explanation.\

Level 9

Ethnic Cups - A few people have asked me this and I will probably be doing this you could expect this in Update 3, Ethnic Cups are basically a Tournament with clubs that have a certain heritage for example Broadmeadow Magic - Macedonian and Dandenong Thunder - Albanian.

More Added Players - Most Teams under the National First Division and even some in the NPL don't have many players I'll definitley update teams every update.

New Zealand Leagues in Australia - I was actually going to add this in but forgot when I added in the Australian Leagues. Basically the ASB Premiership was going to be added in as the 2nd Tier (with the NPL) winner of each league would faceoff in a Promotion Playoff. I'm still a 50/50 on this one but let me know what you think

Incompatible Leagues:

The Leagues that cannot be run at the same time as this database are the following:
South Africa
Singapore
Norway

There may be more if you have downloaded additional leagues!!

Having Trouble with the Database or Have Suggestions?

Please feel free to message me on here and I'll definitley help you out or listen to your suggestions!!

Download File - Aussie Pyramid_E15F3180-34AE-4108-B9BC-4ECDA09453A7

First Update Download File - Aussie Pyramid Update 1

Second Update Download File
http://www.mediafire.com/download/lhkyxq1y3j4q529/Aussie+Pyramid+Update+2.fmf

Please let me know ASAP if the download link doesn't work if you're having trouble finding it/putting in editor to start the game message me.

Thanks Everyone​

Last edited:
I would be interested if you can make it work. The problem with doing this in austalia is the distances involved, once you get down the rungs a bit.

I had a go with this kind of thing last year. Tried to make mine like this:
1. A-League
2. National League
3. State Leagues-nsw
-vic
-qld
-sa
-tas
- nt
-wa
To this point it all worked well the problem was when i tried to divide each state league into lower division regional leagues. Couldnt work out how to make the teams move to their correct respective state leagues or down to their correct regional leagues. It was a complicated nightmare but to me seemed like the most realistic way to bring relegation/promotion system to oz.

Sorry got off the topic a bit there, what was your question? Oh yea id be interested lol

I'd be very interested. Can't stand the A-League in FM because of all the rules.

I agree with everything Lippo said. 2 national leagues, then state leagues is the best way IMO.

Yeah that's what I reckon now.... Say the 2 best teams from each state league go into the National Premier. And then the 3rd and 4th best team from each state league go into National First Division. Then State Leagues then some amateur leagues that have potential

Yea its the best way i think, will be tough to sort it all out but hope you make a go of it.

If you need help or an opinion on anything let me know, only too happy to help, if i can.

Sounds like a good idea. Will you add New Zealand clubs?

Sounds like a good idea. Will you add New Zealand clubs?
I may add one New Zealand club probably based in Auckland but maybe Christchurch to the National Premier League just so Wellington won't be the only NZ team but I'm not sure at the moment

I live in Auckland, so let me know if you need any help.

Could there be a case for including a NZ conference at the state league level? Just thinking if a NZ team gets relegated past the national levels where would they be relegated to?

Could there be a case for including a NZ conference at the state league level? Just thinking if a NZ team gets relegated past the national levels where would they be relegated to?
yeah im not to sure about that one either..

Sounds fantastic mate, was actually thinking about this myself the other day...

How many teams are you thinking of expanding the A-League to? (10 is probably too few if you're implementing promotion/relegation).

And really like the Top Division > National League > Regional/State Leagues structure - similar to Spain if you wanted to have a look at their set up with Primera > Segunda > Segunda B.

Great idea mate! When do you think this will be ready? I am a coach at a NNSW NPL club so want to manage my club on the game! Could help out with league structures or anything if needed mate

Great idea mate! When do you think this will be ready? I am a coach at a NNSW NPL club so want to manage my club on the game! Could help out with league structures or anything if needed mate
oh yeah! Awesome! I'm not to sure when it will be out as I've got a lot of uni assignments on and haven't had much time.. PM me if you want your help would be appreciated

very interested in this, been waiting for someone with the knowledge on know how to make and aussie league. I have very little time and would love to have the time and skill. But alas even fm cant trump the wife lol

That is pretty cool mate, which team do you coach at if you dont mind me asking?

offtopic: people, can you help me?? i create a team in editor, the file is .fmf but i cant load it in game...why? can you help me please??

Cool, i know broadmeadow are in game, have you checked to see if you made it in?
Would be the first thing i did lol ;)
Yeah they are in the game! No real coaches or anything though.. lol