Great result against Liverpool with a very weakened team. Apart of you must of thought you had no chance having to start the likes of Ferreira, Bertrand, Josh, Romeu etc but your team did great well done :)

yer was ******** it but glad they pulled through with the experience of lampard

The Next match i knew would be very tricky, an away game against Newcastle, i am a huge fan of Alan Pardew, he just does things in the right way and with dignity, that has been proven by their fantastic start. This really is a crucial game if we want to guarantee Champions league football next season.

Newcastle 1-1 Chelsea
Ba (19) - Sturridge (71)
Daniel-Sturridge-Chelsea.jpg

With due respect I thought it was widely known that while AVB deeply respects Sir Bobby and considers him his mentor, he almost resents Jose and wants nothing to do with him. I feel he wants to surpass Mou at Chelsea, not emulate him. Would be fun to read if you run into Madrid in the CL tho.

With due respect I thought it was widely known that while AVB deeply respects Sir Bobby and considers him his mentor, he almost resents Jose and wants nothing to do with him. I feel he wants to surpass Mou at Chelsea, not
emulate him. Would be fun to read if you run into Madrid in the CL tho.

thanks for that, will change it now - will post up the valencia game at some stage today

This is the match that effectively decided our season, I was of course on about our clash against Valencia at the Bridge. I was very confident of a positive result as the boys had impressed this week in training. Even a negative result, the media would crank up the pressure but I was confident that I would not be sacked, Roman and I agreed that this was a 3 year project that would take time to implement. He would not pay £13 million to get me from Porto and then pay even more to sack me, so either way I was confident whatever the outcome and couldn’t wait to hear a rocking Stamford Bridge crowd- when we qualify for the knockout stages of the Champions League

I made sure I told the players that only a win or a 0-0 draw would get us through, so we could prove we can mix with Europe’s elite with your Barcelona’s , your Madrid’s.

i put the faith in these players as we lined up:

Cech
Ivanovic Alex Terry Cole
Lampard Romeu Ramires
Mata
Sturridge Drogba

Chelsea 3-2 Valencia
Mata (29), Ivanovic (47), Torres (89) - Soldado (63 and 71)

_56166058_torres_reuters.jpg

What a game!! I told the players this was never going to be a 0-0 draw, again I was disappointed to concede 2 goals as the 1st one was preventable. I am so happy for Fernando who got the winner off the bench that we needed on 89 minutes the crowd went wild chanting Fernando’s name and I hope that gives him the confidence he needs to push on and rediscover the form everyone knows he can produce. I want him to rediscover the form he
showed in his 1st season with Liverpool and justify his £50 million price tag.

villas-boas-543.jpg

Last edited:
I was proud with the team on the back of the Valencia result, we had performed well offensively but defensively still struggling. I had to give Fernando the start after he netted the winner mid-week, it must have done a great deal for his confidence and may be one more goal would really kick start his season. Didier did well but he’ll have to settle for a place on the bench, which just shows the strength that we have in depth, also showing that no one is guaranteed a place in the starting 11.

The team which would decide whether it is still possible to win the title:

Cech
Bosingwa Ivanovic Terry Cole
Lampard Meireles Ramires
Mata
Torres Sturridge

Chelsea 1-2 Man City
Ramires (53) - Silva (29), Dzeko (82)

David_Silva_12_682_1398108a.jpg

It was as i feared, and i was so angry. I was so annoyed we had prepared for 3 days to stop him, yet he managed to get through the defence and score. I was ****** off and the lads knew it, David Silva truly is a magnificent player.

I went home that night, my wife acould see just how upset i was. 'i will get it right , if its the last thing i'll do. I will do all i can, i'll work 24/7. i will get it right soon if its the last thing i do. i want to make this club better in the long-term where my philosophy gets drilled inside the players and when I can sign my own players to suit my set up”

My wife just stared at me blankly, she just cannot understand the pressure I am facing as manager of Chelsea football club.