Back to 2001

• Thread starter Thread starter emilempenza
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 115
  • Views Views 23K

emilempenza

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm new here but have been a long, long time player of FM and CM before that. For me, my favourite game in the series will forever be CM01/02, I think that was the game that really exploded the series and certainly my interest in it.
Well to celebrate the 10 year anniversary of that fine game I (with a lot of spare time on my hands!)decided to edit the FM2012 database to be back in the world of the 01/02 season! I have used the CM01/02 database to get the stats for all the players and am currently undertaking the unbelievably painstaking process of changing/adding the players and teams.

EDIT
http://www.mediafire.com/?actw0kau43862hk
(new link with proper budgets)

Right, the final version is here! All teams are complete from EPL, Bundesliga, Liga BBVA and Serie A along with a few hunderd of the most major players and prospects from around the world. I'd definetly recommend using a team from one of those for divisions as they are the only complete leagues, the other leagues are mainly as they are in FM12.

Instructions
Download the database file and save it in the folder shown here
1zytwmg.jpg

When you start a new game the screen should look like this, click the box in the bottom right saying "change"
2n15gzt.jpg

Which should take you to this screen(with different options depending on any databses you've donloaded), where you select this database CM0102 final1.0.dbc
ndwnrr.jpg

and that's it! I'm sure there will be a mistake or two that I've missed but this is it to the best of my abilities/patience! Enjoy

Last edited:
probly one of best databases ive seen, is there any plans to extend and if so let me know wen next update is out

Yep, I'm working on it all the time. So far I've added about 100 or so significant players from the English lower leageus, all the significant players from Scotland, Argentina, Belgium, MLS, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Brazil, Denmark, Finland, Greece, Japan, Korea, South Africa and Serbia.
I'm also going to fix all the player histories and achievements in the "big 3" leagues before uploading the update, along with the major players from about 10-12 more countries and I'm going to sort out a few of the teams that have been move outside the top divisions but are far too good for where they've been moved. (Man City, Athletico Madrid and a couple of others) Also I've fixed a few minor errors that people have been reporting, if you spot any mistakes please post them so I can fx them!
Glad you like it, hopefully I'll have the next update within a week or two.

can u send me wot u done so far, if u need any help il do some bits to speed things up for ya, i also tried merge your file with Championship Manager 2001/02 Database for FM12 and apart from a thew players created twice i fink it could work
Yeah I'm just adding the important players from the Ukranian League and I'll send you the update if you want. How does merging work by the way, as I've never used it? I know it just combines changes but if both have changed the same thing in different ways what happens? If you want I can send you a list of all the things I have done and intend to do aswell

nice 1, not to sure with merging but the other database is very similar to yours so either way it should stil work , let me know a list of about 10 clubs or 100 players and il crack on vith them for ya if ya want

the issuewiv rooneys value is cuz his was brought by man utd for 30 mil and his sistory is stil on his database the game values him at how much man u paid for him

CM0102.dbc

Here's a link to where I am so far. The other additions I've made aren't nearly as thorough as the big 3 leagues as I've just added the important players from various leagues rather than everyone, as it would have taken decades and I don't really have any intention of really using team's outside the top leagues. All the players I've changed outside the big 3 leagues are all 100% correct, complete with correct history, achievements and international caps/goals.

Leagues I've done so far
Complete
BPL, La Liga, Serie A
Key Players
English Lower, SPL, Dutch, Argentina, Brazil, China, Korea, Japan, Belgium, Czech, Denmark, Finland, Croatia, Greek, South Africa, Turkey, Serbia, Ukraine

Leagues I still have to add key players to
France, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Sweden, Mexico (currently doing), Free agents

I also think I will probably do the complete Bundesliga aswell, so if you want to help then feel free to pick a few Bundesliga teams and do them and send them to me if you want

ok il start now if i do first 10teams in alphabetic order and tek it from there, jus wondering are u gunna delete all players from 2012 season which where not around in 2001 and in main countries put league tabes, club rep and finances as they where bk then even if u only got main players, also wot u fink about deleting club debts eg man utd 500mil loan, sorry to fly pic this will be best db since the cm0102 game itself

ok il start now if i do first 10teams in alphabetic order and tek it from there, jus wondering are u gunna delete all players from 2012 season which where not around in 2001 and in main countries put league tabes, club rep and finances as they where bk then even if u only got main players, also wot u fink about deleting club debts eg man utd 500mil loan, sorry to fly pic this will be best db since the cm0102 game itself
I've done the club finances from 01/02 but I'm not sure on debts and sponsorships. I'll delete any that are hugely significant(like Man Citys Etihad deal) but I imagine I'll keep most sponsorships and debts as they are. I'm planning on deleting any player who is worldwide significant in 2011 who isn't on 01/02 and any from the major teams I've completely redone but I imagine I'll let the less significant players at less signifacnt teams stay as they are, otherwise I'd have to replace them with the correct insignificant players from 01 or just leave squads with not enough players.(neither of those options sound that appealing!) I've not done the league tables yet and I'm not sure if I will as all it would only change first year European places, I might do though as it won't take too long I don't think.
Cheers for the help, all help is appreciated! Once I have finished it to the point of which I'm happy to play it then anyone is free to take it and do whatever else they want to it if they want it to be more complete, I'm not particularly possesive over it tbh, it started as just being for my own amusement

viera was never that good was he lol looks cool nice work :) might dl this

i fink i mite try merge the 2 latest versions of 01 02 db then fink there wil be much less work, wot u fink

i fink i mite try merge the 2 latest versions of 01 02 db then fink there wil be much less work, wot u fink
Aye go for it, see how it works. If someone else has done some of the hardwork so I don't have to then I'm all for it!

i merged your db with the other db and i fink it would help speed things up for u alot, theres a few minor blips eg. some players created twice but should still be a big help for ya, it looks close to complete i load your db 1st then merge the other, otherwise it wont work, give it a try and let me know how u get on

I'm doing the fairly painstaking process of fixing players histories. I've done all the players I intend to from around the world but now I just have to fix histories from Spain and Italy and then do all of the Bundesliga players, then Man City, Athletico Madrid, Napoli and Palermo. Hopefully will be all done in a couple of weeks, the histories is really dull to fix so I've been slowed down a bit!

send me the beta version and il crack on deleting player historys so u can do the important stuff like bundesliga

Back