Back to 2001

• Thread starter Thread starter emilempenza
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 115
  • Views Views 23K
Yeah I know, it's because Serie A had less teams 10 years ago, so they weren't actually in the league. I'm going to do them after Bundesliga

yea means you would have to remake tons of leagues

England
Belgium
France
Italy
U.S.A

just to name a few

Seemed easier just to let the top 2 sides from Serie B be in Serie A instead to save hassle, it's all about the path of least resistance ;)

Is this file save? My avast started acting up when I was downloading it

I cant make it work in my game :( Does it requires like a specific patch or any would works?

When i start new game with database changes CM102, the players are the same with official database, no changes whatsoever. The same thing when i load the file with fm12 editor :(

Really? That's odd, does anyone else have the same problem with the new download?

Its workin ok on mine, i done 5 serie a teams so far i fink serie a will be dun by mondy, hows bundesliga comin on?

Works fine for me, just downloaded
Its awesome btw
Must have taken weeks of effort and work lol Well done :D

Its workin ok on mine, i done 5 serie a teams so far i fink serie a will be dun by mondy, hows bundesliga comin on?
4 teams completed, 14 more to go! should only take another week I think, then 2 more days for Man City, Atletico, Napoli and Palermo.
Cheers for the help by the way! Admit it though, you're getting bored and want to stop! I understand, I got slowere and slower as I worked my way through the PL as it was so dull. Don't feel compelled to do the whole league if it gets too dull, any help is much apreciated

It is dull, but honestley dont mind cuz cant wait to play the db, havent really enjoyed fm or cm as much since 01-02, so will be happy to play it on the latest gameplay, i jus hope the db Changes will be compatable wivf
2013 and later versions so can keep playing on lastest games

Are u gunna do cash, reputation and stadiums for english league clubs and major clubs?

Yeah, I'll get round to it, I've done the cash, rep, attendances of the Championship teams but I still need to do the League 1 and 2 teams and change the managers and stadiums. I'll do the major European teams as well(club details, not full squads). Off the top of my head it will be something like

Celtic, Rangers,Porto, Sporting, Benfica, Besiktas, French League teams, Anderlecht, Club Bruge, Kiev, Fenerbahce, Galatasaraay, PAO, PSV, Ajax, Feynoord, and fix the reputations of the diferent leagues aswell.

As for doing the whole Championship, I can't guarantee that will be done any time soon as it would take ages to do(24 teams, each with 40+ man squads!) and there is a pretty big queue of things to do before I even start it tbh

i done 10 teams in serie a now but have jus read this so i dunno whether u would want to risk your hard work?

How to merge multiple data files
This is a complete nightmare, and you should avoid merging data at all cost. Whenever you have newly created data in more than one file and want to merge the two, things go absolutely haywire, and you won't even always notice it right away. There seems to be a bug in the Merge function that doesn't properly reassign IDs to newly created objects in the second file, so you end up with duplicate unique IDs for different objects, causing teams, players, stadiums, etc to outright disappear. So again, simply don't do it is by far your best option. However if you must, and you're into masochism, there's a way to salvage hard work when it's split up in multiple files.

Again this involves editing the XML files manually, by using a text editor. The idea is to give all newly created objects in the second file new IDs, and getting rid of all duplicate data, such as competitions that are created in both files. To find the duplicate data, I recommend using winmerge, a freeware utility that allows you to see differences in two files side by side. Delete all the duplicate data in the second file. There will be some minor differences because the editor tends to change datatypes from "unsigned" to "string" for no particular reason, but you can ignore those. It will work fine regardless of datatype.

After you've weeded out the duplicates, it's time to reassign IDs. I can't get into great detail here because this would be a novel, but if you figure out how new objects are stored in the XML, you can identify its unique ID and then do a "replace all" to replace it with something that's larger than the highest ID in the original file. Do that for each object, be it a club, person, competition, city or stadium. When you merge the modified data the editor will properly reassign all IDs to be in sequence.

Hopefully SI will fix this in the next patch, but for now maybe this saves some people from having to throw away a lot of work they've put in.

Cheers for that, I was curious as to how on earth meging works and that does sound a bit more work than just doing it again myself doesn't it? It's probably safest for me to just do it myself I think, sorry for wasting your time though, i'll try and get the database finished as quickly as possible to make up for your wated time though! So far I've done 10 of the 18 Bundesliga teams, I've changed a few of the finance/reputation of big teams/relegated teams and I've changed the squads for the 4 teams I haven't done yet.

All I have left to do is
-The remaining 8 Bundesliga teams
-The 4 other teams(Atletico, Man City, Napoli, Palermo)
-Do the histories for Serie A and La Liga
-Change European places in England, Germany, Spain and Italy
-Remove incorrect loan deals

If anyone can think of anything else I've forgotten please post it so I can fix it. Annoyingly there is no good way of searching for who has loan contracts so I'm going to have to just go in game and search through all the teams and write them down:S

Alright, another update on how I'm doing. Just finished the Bundesliga and fixed the heights of major retired players in England and Spain.
All I have left to do is 4 teams and the histories for Serie A and La Liga, then a few other minor adjustments. Should hopefully be completely done in about a week or so. I'm itching to play this now!

Back