Back to College/School/Uni.

ye hopefully :) Also a C in Maths > A in media :p
My exams start a week today :/

Good luck all of you.......just remember....A levels are simply the means that enable you to get the next stage (uni/job).

Revise hard and you'll do good.....oh and stay off FM......almost ****** mine up royally cause of it lol!

Does anyone do PE, History or Business Studies at A-Level? If so what do you do in them?

I am about to go into my final GCSE's in year 11 and i am going to 6th form next year. Should be getting B's in PE and History.

Good luck all of you.......just remember....A levels are simply the means that enable you to get the next stage (uni/job).

Revise hard and you'll do good.....oh and stay off FM......almost ****** mine up royally cause of it lol!
but Swansea need me...
Thanks :) I'm trying to revise during day and then play FM after dinner/ at night when I wouldn't do revision anyway

You ready for them? :)
got 4 AS resits this month then a few weeks break then my A2s. So far so good :p wbu?

Does anyone do PE, History or Business Studies at A-Level? If so what do you do in them?

I am about to go into my final GCSE's in year 11 and i am going to 6th form next year. Should be getting B's in PE and History.
B in history you may struggle a little. I got an A (probably should have gotten an A* but meh) and I have found it ok, though it was a difficult step up initially. Got a B last year but now hoping to get an A overall (need a low B in the summer to get an A overall :) ) If you enojy history then I say go for it, just be prepared to be challenged. It's basically the same as GCSE, but more knowledge and deeper analysis required

B in history you may struggle a little. I got an A (probably should have gotten an A* but meh) and I have found it ok, though it was a difficult step up initially. Got a B last year but now hoping to get an A overall (need a low B in the summer to get an A overall :) ) If you enojy history then I say go for it, just be prepared to be challenged. It's basically the same as GCSE, but more knowledge and deeper analysis required

Thanks for that insight . The teacher said i am capable of getting an A seen as i got an A overall for my coursework :) What subjects did you do in A Level history? I think we are doing civil rights (Klu Klux Klan etc.)

Last edited:
Good luck to everyone anyway with all exams etc.

Higher Geography Exam tomoroow... The scottish system is completely different to the english system :p

Thanks for that insight . The teacher said i am capable of getting an A seen as i got an A overall for my coursework :) What subjects did you do in A Level history? I think we are doing civil rights (Klu Klux Klan etc.)
ye I would say go for it. It will depend on your exam board on what you do but my year was the last to do our current course. AS we did Russia and Germany 1871-1914 and Pete the Great. The former seemed very difficult at the time but I resat it this year and got a strong A so I think it was just badly taught. Peter the Great was more straight forward but had source evaluation which is more difficult and had higher grade boundaries (due to being simpler) so I got a high B. This year it's 60% exam and 40% coursework but I got an A in my coursework so I wish it was the other way round :p We had to do a 4000 word essay on something that spanned the period 1904-2010. I decided to do it on American foreign policy and if WW2 caused the largest shift in US foreign policy. Took me a while to get going on it but I found it really interesting, especially as it helped me see why the world is like it is today (in some respects). Of course 4000 words can't do the topic justice :p The exam this summer is on Britain: 1865-1915. It's interesting but very politics based. Hopefully I can get a low B or better which will give me an A overall and I'll be delighted with it :) Overall History has been a great A level :)

what did you do for your History coursework this year (if you do that)? What course are you doing for history?

We had to do like 3 major turning points 1900-1980 or something like that and it was awful. Give me an exam any day over coursework.

but Swansea need me...
Thanks :) I'm trying to revise during day and then play FM after dinner/ at night when I wouldn't do revision anyway

got 4 AS resits this month then a few weeks break then my A2s. So far so good :p wbu?

yeah, we're forced to take an extension 2nd year and i didn't realise Ancient History AS would be two 1 hour 30 minute exams!! plus 2 resits, got 4 this month and then 3 next.

but Swansea need me...

Not bad. I'm pretty confident I'll pass everything, and the first year's only worth 10% of the degree so meh. Still wanna get a good mark for the year though, really should have studied throughout instead of just now though.

This so much. Glad I only ever did non-coursework subjects. Probably a minority opinion though. :p
well my best subject is history, which is just like coursework but in an exam instead. So I don't mind it :)
Not bad. I'm pretty confident I'll pass everything, and the first year's only worth 10% of the degree so meh. Still wanna get a good mark for the year though, really should have studied throughout instead of just now though.
10 exams in total for me though :( though 2 are general studies. you'll be fine :p

well my best subject is history, which is just like coursework but in an exam instead. So I don't mind it :)

10 exams in total for me though :( though 2 are general studies. you'll be fine :p

I did 10 excluding general studies last summer. Quit whinging. :p

Have three hour long exams now as well. :(

I did 10 excluding general studies last summer. Quit whinging. :p

Have three hour long exams now as well. :(
I will whinge as much as I want **** it! My summer looks so good but ****** exams are in the way!

4 months summer break muahahahhaha.
1 week in Mallorca, 4 weeks in Florida, 4 days in Lake District and then (hopefully) university
Not-Bad-Obama-Meme2.jpg

Go back to Uni tomorrow. Just discovered they decided to **** me over and put 2 semesters worth of lab work into just the 2nd semester this year, giving me a ridiculous workload.

Goodbye, life. It was fun.

I move in to my accommodation in Newcastle tomorrow :S