Back to Spurs - Under New Zealand Management

JANUARY

The good run continued with a 1-1 draw at Anfield against Liverpool, thanks to a second half Dzeko strike.
View attachment 58035

Then I rested the first team players, but the reserves came up short, losing 1-0 to Sheff Wed in the FA Cup.......3rd round :O won't speak much of this decision!
View attachment 58036

Then back to the Premier League with a tough 1-1 draw at home with overachieving Sunderland. Kyle Naughton popped up on the 80th minute to score the equalizing goal.
View attachment 58037

The next Premier League game was against Fulham, where we crashed to a 3-1 defeat.
It was just one of those games, where Bassong conceded an own goal, Kranjcar missed a penalty and dos Santos had a possible second goal ruled offside.
View attachment 58038

The defeat to Fulham caused a stirring in the squad, as we defeated West Ham 2-0. Goals from Rodwell and Toulalan secured the win.
View attachment 58039

A solid start to the year, and I signed a few players to strengthen the squad.
Update of the transfer market activities after the January window:
View attachment 58040

I sold Mark Beevers (£5m), who has apparently has good potential, but on game days he made too many mistakes for my liking. His departure funded the transfers of Rafael Marquez at centre-back (£1.1m) and Michael Rensing at goalkeeper (£1.9m).

Marquez will immediately contribute to strengthen my defense, and adding Rensing gives me security at goalkeeper with Gomes making noises about being discontent with a backup role.

Coming up next month is the Euro Cup fixture with Sevilla, which I will expect to win and progress to the later stages of the competition.

As a general update, I will not be accepting any job offers, I will be continuing this story with Tottenham moving towards a Champions League title! DO THE TREBLE (6)

If I had taken the job, it seems my work would be rough, as Manchester United are still languishing in the lower half of the table, and will seem to struggle to make the top half of the table.

FEBRUARY

First game of February is home with Manchester City. Robinho scores both goals as I draw 1-1 :D
View attachment 58047

Powerful game as Kranjcar, dos Santos and Dzeko combine to delight the White Hart Lane faithful and see off Villa 3-0.
View attachment 58048

Next up is the Euro Cup 1st Knockout Round First Leg against Sevilla at home. Two goals from dos Santos and one from Kranjcar cements a 3-1 win, with Modric being sent of in the 87th minute.
View attachment 58049

Wedged in between my Euro Cup fixtures is a 0-0 draw with Arsenal, in a hard fought derby at White Hart Lane.
View attachment 58050

Then the return leg against Sevilla, where a Dzeko brace secures a 2-1 win and we advance 5-2 on aggregate to play Athletico Madrid in the next round.
View attachment 58051

A solid month, with advancement in the Euro Cup. I have an excellent chance against At Madrid and hopefully I can get the result!

MARCH

The first game of March was a fortunate 2-2 draw at the Molineux vs Wolves. Lukaku's late goal securing a point.
View attachment 58061

Then was my Euro Cup 2nd knockout round 1st leg against At Madrid, where I managed a vital away goal in a 1-1 draw.
View attachment 58062

A brace from dos Santos secured a 2-0 win at home over Everton in the Premier League.
View attachment 58063

Following the win was another, a 3-2 victory over At Madrid to see me through to the Quarterfinal verse Sampdoria. Dzeko dominated the game to see us win 4-3 on aggregate.
View attachment 58064

I'm still battling up the table to try and get a 4th place finish, I am currently sitting in 7th, about 10 points off 4th but with two games in hand.

Hopefully some Euro Cup success will be a bright spark in a disappointing season.

APRIL

April started my Euro Cup quarterfinal with Sampdoria. The April Fools Joke was that Mexico had taken Marquez, dos Santos and Ochoa, and left me to start Gomes, who had played very little football due to the top top form of Ochoa.
The result was two weak goals conceded as I drew 2-2 at home.
View attachment 58067

Next in the list was a tough, tough game at home to at the time top-of-the-table Chelsea. It ended in a 0-0 draw, thanks to a sublime performance from Ochoa, who is a top class keeper.
View attachment 58068

Then was the crucial 2nd leg against Sampdoria. It got off to a bad start going 1-0 down after 6 minutes, but Dzeko tied it up shortly after halftime. Agonizingly, substitute Lukaku fired into the side netting from a fantastic opportunity in added time, and I was eliminated 1-1 (3-3) on away goals ......
View attachment 58069

My devastated squad was then faced with underperforming Manchester United. A absolutely unstoppable free kick from Hargreaves on 27 minutes gave United a lead they didn't look back from, going on to win 3-0. To add injury to insult, Rodwell suffered a broken wrist from this game, and Kranjcar sprained an ankle, putting them both out for 3 weeks.
View attachment 58070

View attachment 58071

Desperately trying to pick up the pieces, away at Newcastle was next. In added time, dos Santos added his second goal to equalize at 2-2, and salvage a point from a terrible game for Spurs.
View attachment 58072

Finally a performance worthy of Spurs was played, but for the first half only. A devastating 3 month injury as Modric tore a hamstring midway through the game stalled the score at 2-0.
View attachment 58073

View attachment 58074

In positive news, Dzeko has set a Premier League Man of the Match record:
View attachment 58075

These results set me up with a huge lottery of winning a champions league place. Highly unlikely, but possible.
View attachment 58076

Notable is under performing Liverpool and Manchester United in 9th and 10th place respectively, although at least United are in the Semifinals of the Champions League.

Fulham went into administration and were docked 9 points, not really affecting any standings.

Arsenal look set to wrap up the title, which is terrible for Spurs fans, but there is nothing we can do as we hope desperately for 4th place.

My remaining games are Stoke, Bristol City, Portsmouth and Ipswich all in the bottom half, and I need all 12 points from these games.

City play Everton, Newcastle and Chelsea. While Wolves play West Ham, Aston Villa and Stoke.
I really need City to lose two of those three, and Wolves to do the same to give me any hope. I can see Chelsea winning and maybe Newcastle tripping them up. Or they could draw all three which would be fine with me!!

Tense last couple of weeks, without 3 key players, trying to get into that coveted 4th position!

MAY

The month that ends the season!

First in the month was a must-win game against Stoke to have ANY chance of making the Champions League next season. Unfortunately we failed to score and drew 0-0 in a disappointing game.
View attachment 58375

Next up, with another must-win game for even slimmer chances, we unloaded on Bristol City as we romped to a 5-1 victory.
View attachment 58376

Then a disappointing 1-1 draw with Portsmouth sealed our fate, and we were locked into 6th place, unable to move up or down the table in the final game.
View attachment 58377

Playing for pride against an Ipswich side wanting to go out with a bang, we scraped a 3-2 victory thanks to an own goal in injury time.
View attachment 58378

The final Premier League standings, with us rooted in 6th, Arsenal on top of the league and Sheff Utd, Bolton and Bristol City being relegated.
View attachment 58379

An overview of the final player stats at the end of the season:
View attachment 58381

And the Footballer of the Year! :D
View attachment 58380

The season summary is here, with over achieving Wolves making the Euro Cup along with Tottenham and Manchester United (thanks to an FA cup win).
View attachment 58383
View attachment 58382

Community Shield: Manchester United

_________

Club World Championship: Palmeiras
Euro Cup: Werder Bremen
Champions League: Real Madrid

In review, the signings of Toulalan and Dzeko were extremely good ones, as they both contributed hugely to the team and performed very well individually.

Unfortunately the results were not good, and we did not reach anywhere near our expectations. We had a tough time in the Euro Cup, with some key players missing due to international duty, and I will need to build the squad depth to be able to cope with events like this. Next season I will be promoting youth players and trying to grow a depth, youthful squad. I need a solid centre-back to partner Bassong, as King has clearly run his race and is performing no where near the level required for the Premier League. Marquez is being resigned, but he is 34 and will probably only be good for a couple of months next season, but at least his fitness has held up alot better than Kings.

I hope to bring in 2 or 3 central defenders to bolster the ranks in the first team.
My central midfield of Toulalan, Modric and Rodwell is very strong, as is my strike force of Dzeko, Kranjcar and dos Santos.
I have depth up front and in the midfield, with my glaring weakness is at centre-back, with really only Bassong to show. Maybe a reasonable signing with a couple of solid depth players, and another young midfielder will be enough.

Here is a final summary of the years transfers:
View attachment 58384
Ben Foster will be arriving from Manchester United for the bargain price of £1m, and will provide solid depth along with Michael Rensing for Ochoa.
I brought in Foster as he is a solid keeper, and I plan to sell Gomes in this transfer window to fund the purchase of youth players.

I will use the next season as a rebuild year, with the aim of qualifying for the Champions League and having long term success in the Premier League.

Last edited:
great post mate, i think you should stay loyal to spurs, have one more crack at winning the league with them, get your self a few young stars and 1 or 2 established players next season and you will be sweet.

AUGUST

The season is underway!

Here is a summary of the six preseason friendlies we played:

Gold Coast United 4-0 win
Sydney FC 5-0 win
Wellington Phoenix 3-1 win
San Jose 3-1 win
Sporting CP 0-3 loss
FC Timisoara 3-0 win

With every back to match fitness, here is a summary of my offseason acquisitions:

View attachment 58730

Notable departures were the aging Gomes for £4m to Napoli, which helped fund other transfers; and the departure of Rafael Marquez on free transfer. Unfortunately, he refused to resign with the team.

For £4m + Michael Rensing, I received Esteban Granero from Real Madrid. This gives me a good player for depth in the midfield and on the wings. Also from Real Madrid was goalkeeper Antonio Adan for £450k, who was brought in for depth and will be used as a third choice goalkeeper.

To replace Gomes at back up keeper, Ben Foster arrived for £1m from Manchester United. This was a bargain deal for a 30 year old, World Cup winning goalkeeper, and he will be a solid second choice option.

Big signing of the summer was Jonny Evans, centre-back, from Manchester United. I paid £22m for his services, but he will comfortably partner Bassong at centre-back for the next 5 years, and gives me a solid backline.

Modibo Diakite arrived from Bordeaux on a free transfer. He is a useful player, an Ivory Coast international and will be a useful back up option along with Ledley King and my younger players if they need to be called upon.

With a solid team in place, stud attackers Dzeko and dos Santos; stud midfielders Toulalan, Modric and Rodwell, and defenders Bale and Evans, I really hope to achieve something this season.

First real games of the season were two Euro Cup qualifiers against IA from Iceland.
Convincing 4-0 and 2-0 wins saw me through easily.
View attachment 58731
View attachment 58732

Next up was my first Premier League game against Stoke, with a Jermaine Pennant goal canceling out a Lukaku opener to end in a disappointing draw.
View attachment 58733

Following this, were 2 more games for Euro Cup qualification. Shocked 2-0 in the first leg away against Gornik Zabrze, the team fought back with a 4-0 win at home to advance into the group stages.
View attachment 58734
View attachment 58735

Hopefully I can get more consistency in the next month.

SEPTEMBER

A few more disappointing results, a big injury and a mentality change!

The first game of the month was a disappointing 2-1 loss to Everton away. Dzeko managed to equalize, but an unstoppable Milner header from a corner was enough to see us off.
View attachment 58926
To make it worse, a day after this game, Modric collapsed in training with a damaged achilles tendon. He will be out for around 2 months.
View attachment 58927

Back on track in the Premier League with a 2-1 result in my favor this time, as Dzeko and Afellay provided enough firepower to absorb Zayette's late goal.
View attachment 58928

Next was the first Euro Cup group fixture, and it was just one of those games against Trabzonspor. A 1-0 defeat, when it really should have been a 2-0 win for me.
View attachment 58929

Then some interesting news as it looks like the club is going to get bought out by a foreign tycoon. This could be promising if he injects alot of money into the club account!
View attachment 58930

Following this potential good news, was an outrageous 2-1 defeat to Birmingham AT HOME eliminating me from the League Cup. Very disappointing result, as we managed 22 shots to their 9, but it's only the League Cup.
View attachment 58931

Then a fortunate 1-1 draw away to Wolves, where I personally felt like we didn't deserve a point.
View attachment 58932

This run of disappointing results led me to a tactical change, and for the rest of the season I will establish our clubs identity as an aggressive, attacking team. High closing down, hard tackling, attractive and controlling football out of a 4-3-3 formation.
I have the players to pull off this tactic, and it will suit them better that the counter-attacking 4-5-1 formation I had in place previously.

The first game with my new strategy was in the Euro Cup against Lech. An astonishing 33 shots from my side resulted in a 5-0 dominating win. This win is even more impressive, given that their goalkeeper had an outstanding game.
View attachment 58933

With new found confidence, we head into October ready to win every game we play.

Last edited:
OCTOBER

I set out to dominate this month with my new tactics and a strong sense of self belief in the team and their ability to attack.
And the results were very, very pretty!

First up was away to the always challenging Aston Villa. Dean Ashton put them ahead after 3 minutes, and I was a little uneasy, but confident to push forward. The confidence paid off, with Kranjcar netting the equalizer, Dzeko adding two and dos Santos scoring 6 minutes from time. A dominating performance from the team!
View attachment 58953

Next game was in the Premier League against Newcastle, where we cruised to a 2-1 win.
View attachment 58954

Then was a potentially tricky Euro Cup group game against a good Stade Rennais team, but the team was more than capable, Dzeko netting twice in a 3-1 win.
View attachment 58955

Another Premier League tie followed, with a clean sheet finally in a 3-0 win over Portsmouth. Dzeko was once again sublime, and is the key ingredient to any success my team has.
View attachment 58956

Last game of the month was in the Premier League against Wigan. The team just continues to get better, with a 4-1 victory this time, in a match filled with some beautiful moments of football from my players.
View attachment 58957

Dzeko was deservedly rewarded with the Premier League player of the month award:
View attachment 58958

And if any further proof of my teams new and attractive brand of football was needed, we placed 1, 2 and 3 in the goal of the month with Dzeko one and two, and Lukaku in third.
View attachment 58959

I am extremely impressed with the team performance and hope the success continues! Coming up is a match against Manchester City, where the squad will face the toughest test so far under the new mentality!

COME ON YOU SPURS!!!

NOVEMBER

Good form continued into the month of November, with a win over Ipswich 4-1 to start off strong and continue our good form.
View attachment 59395

A draw with Stade Rennais in our Euro Cup group fixture was next, and from this 1-1 result, thanks to a 45 yard screamer from Toulalan, we sit comfortably in second place after 4 games.
View attachment 59396

Back to out winning ways in the Premier League, with a 2-0 victory over Burnley. Kranjcar and Dzeko scoring the goals.
View attachment 59397

Then came our difficult fixture against Manchester City. We were down 2-0 at halftime, and a managerial blunder (I didn't set a team talk) doomed us to a 3-2 defeat. I will accept full responsibility as with no words of wisdom ringing in their ears, they came out bland and uninspired.
View attachment 59398

But we smashed right back into form with a 3-0 win over Hull City. Myhill put in an outstanding performance for the first 52 minutes, repelling shot after shot until Toulalan broke his resistance, before adding another with Rodwell getting the third. Myhill faced 29 shots, with 18 on target, compared to West Hams pathetic 2 shots. He deserves special mention here as without him in for this game, the score would have easily been 10-0, with the number of quality shots he repelled.
View attachment 59399

Before another strong test against 4th place West Ham, where Rodwell, Dzeko and Granero all added before halftime to secure a 3-0 win.
View attachment 59400

The month ended on a high, with Edin Dzeko picking up another Man of the Match award:
View attachment 59401

Next month is the clash with Liverpool and Chelsea, and my Euro Cup group will be decided.

SPURS

DECEMBER

Good form continued into the final month of 2013, with a possibly challenging match at White Hart Lane against Liverpool.
A brace from Dzeko started the rout in 10 minutes, and further goals from Afellay, dos Santos and Lukaku came as we thumped the scousers 5-0.
View attachment 59520

The next match was a Euro Cup game against Turkish side Trabzonspor, who had been a tricky opponent for me to navigate. This proved to be the case, as even though 3 minutes of added time were advertised, and we scored in the 92nd minute, they managed to score a controversial penalty in the 95th minute to steal a 1-1 draw.
View attachment 59521

Back to the Premier League, with a difficult fixture against a strong Chelsea side at Stamford Bridge. A brace from Cassano had seemingly condemned me to a defeat, until Rodwell powered a header at full speed after a great run from deep and stole a 2-2 draw.
View attachment 59522

At this stage the takeover was completed, but there was no further investment made. It is a shame as I have been trying since I arrived here to improve the training facilities, but at present have only expanded the stadium.
View attachment 59523

A Premier League 3-1 win against West Brom was to follow, with Rodwell scoring twice, but also getting 2 yellow cards and sent off in injury time.
View attachment 59524

Then was my final Euro Cup group game, against Lech. A resounding 4-1 win ensured we qualified first place in the group.
View attachment 59525

Following the recent good results, the new chairman had decided to allow me to stay. Good decision!
View attachment 59526
And the transfer embargo was lifted, in time for the January window!
View attachment 59527

Next up on the fixture list was a Premier League match with Sunderland. A brace from Dzeko secured a 2-0 victory in a dominate midfield performance, maintaining 62% of possession.
View attachment 59528

The previous two goals blasted Dzeko in to the record books, with his 23 eclipsing dos Santos's 22.
View attachment 59529

The final match of the year was in the Premier League against Stoke, where we picked up a straightforward 3-1 win.
View attachment 59530

Following the turn of the New Year, the awards were announced!

The Footballer of the Year: Cristiano Ronaldo
View attachment 59531

The Player of the Year: Edin Dzeko
View attachment 59535

Dzeko also picked up the Striker of the Year:
View attachment 59537

And was named a starter for the Team of the Year:
View attachment 59536

And just to cap it all off, and thanks in large part to Dzeko, I was named Manager of the Month:
View attachment 59538

A very successful month, with the team in fine form and we just don't look like losing a game of football at the moment.
I can interchange effectively between reserve players and first teamers with little problems, and this may prove to be crucial in the Premier League title race. At the turn of the New Year I sit clear on top of the table with a game in hand, and the team is in excellent form.

In terms of transfers, I don't plan to buy any players, keeping the current team together is more important at this stage. We have the ingredients to succeed, no point burning money on necessary players. I might spend small on very young talent, but I would prefer to accumulate some wealth and upgrade the facilities.
Jermain Defoe is unhappy at Real Madrid, he expected more game time, so I will pick him up on a free transfer at the end of the season.

Goals for 2014: Win the Euro Cup, Win the FA Cup, First Place in the Premier League.

JANUARY

The new year started as the old one left off, with a resounding 4-0 win over Wigan. A brace each from Kranjcar and dos Santos secured the dominant victory.
View attachment 59564

Then we triumphed over Watford in the FA Cup 3rd round 2-0, to advance into the 4th round against Scunthorpe.
View attachment 59565

Back to the Premier League, and a tough game was up with us traveling to Old Trafford to take on the might of Manchester United. Vidic put the home side infront on 4 minutes, and stayed that way until Dzeko equalized on 70 minutes. Corchia was sent off on 78 minutes, but the result stayed the same.
View attachment 59566

The team were quick to make up for the dropped points, with a 2-0 win away at West Ham. Keane and Crouch scored the vital goals.
View attachment 59567

Then Arsenal came to White Hart Lane for the North London derby, where Bendtner cancelled out dos Santos's opener, to end in a 1-1 draw.
View attachment 59568

Staying in the Premier League, our next match was against Everton, with a thumping of Everton 4-1.
View attachment 59569

FA Cup 4th Round against Scunthorpe was up next, and we cruised to victory with goals from Bale and Crouch, 2-0.
View attachment 59570

Back in the Premier League, we traveled to Craven Cottage to defeat Fulham 3-1, thanks to goals from Toulalan, Modric and dos Santos.
View attachment 59571

A solid month, still running undefeated since November, and we are alive in all competitions and looking strong!

COME ON YOU SPURS!

FEBRUARY

Tottenham Hotspur keep on rolling in all competitions, with this month starting on a high in a 2-0 win in the Premier League over Aston Villa.
View attachment 59573

Then a Robbie Keane own goal made us drop 2 points as we drew away with Newcastle, 1-1.
View attachment 59574

The draw seemed to inspire us, as we hit right back with a 5-1 domination of Wolverhampton Wanderers, thanks to Dzeko, Kranjcar, Rodwell(2) and Crouch.
View attachment 59575

This win set a new team record for unbeaten run of games:
View attachment 59576

Then a little hiccup as Leeds withstood our pressure in the FA Cup to draw 1-1 and set up a replay fixture.
View attachment 59577

No such hiccups in the Euro Cup, as we won over Anderlecht in our 1st knockout round 1st leg match, 3-1.
View attachment 59578

Our next Premier League game was against Manchester City, and the squad were drooling for revenge - City were the last team to defeat us back in November. It wasn't to be a recurrence, as we controlled the game and won a 3-1 victory.
View attachment 59582

Then was our return leg against Anderlecht, where a disciplined performance ensured a 0-0 draw and advancement into the 2nd knockout round.
View attachment 59583

Here is the updated league table, showing us sitting comfortable on top as we enter the later stages of the season.
View attachment 59584

Pushing hard for another league title, and I want to win my first Cup!!

COME ON YOU SPURS!

MARCH

We hit off March with a good 2-1 win over lowly Portsmouth thanks to Dzeko and Evans.
View attachment 59617

Then was our FA Cup Fifth Round Replay with Leeds. No such mistakes this time, as we dominated from start to finish and came out 3-0 victors.
View attachment 59618

Straight after this was the Sixth Round FA Cup tie verse Sunderland. Once again we were in blazing for and smashed our way to a 5-0 victory, with goal contributions from Crouch, Rodwell, Evans, Kranjcar and Modric.
View attachment 59619

Moving back to the Euro Cup, and our 2nd knockout round 1st leg against Wolfsburg. We fought to a 1-0 away win thanks to a goal from Kranjcar.
View attachment 59620

Next fixture was in the Premier League, where we romped to a 5-0 win over Ipswich, thanks to Rodwell, Modric, Dzeko, Diakite and Bentley.
View attachment 59621

For the return leg at Wolfsburg, we battled to a 3-2 win, putting us through to the quarterfinal with at 4-2 win on aggregate.
View attachment 59622

Back to the Premier League with another big win, this time 4-1 over Hull, thanks to a brace from Keane, with Rodwell and Modric adding one each.
View attachment 59623

Then we travelled to Anfield, where an underperfoming Liverpool wanted revenge from their 5-0 thumping at White Hart Lane earlier in the season. They improved, but we still ran out 3-1 winners with a brace from dos Santos with Dzeko adding another.
View attachment 59624

We are rolling now, dominating the scoreline in every match, and we are very confident of winning all silverware that we can!

COME ON YOU SPURS!
View attachment 59624

I like those facepacks for the Premiership players !. Where can I download them from ?
Good job on reaching the Champions League final, hurts like a ***** to lose in injury time !

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

Last edited:
Hey Luke, thanks for the comments. I am using the "Premiership Exclusive Megapack" by cro-manager.

APRIL

The penultimate month of the English football season saw the Premiership decided, the Euro cup finalists decided and the FA Cup finalists decided!

The EURO Cup Quarterfinal first leg against Manchester United was up first, where we picked up a solid 1-0 win at home thanks to Giovanni dos Santos in the 41st minute.
View attachment 59861

Wedged in between my Euro Cup fixtures, was a Premier League match with Burnley. A 2-0 win thanks to Dzeko and Rodwell moved us another step closer to wrapping up the Premier League.
View attachment 59862

Then was our return leg in the Euro Cup at Old Trafford against Manchester United. Rodwell got us off to a great start on 3 minutes with a goal, before dos Santos came up with a sublime hat trick to finish off the hosts. United hit back with two late goals from tired defending, but the tie was wrapped up with a 5-2 win on aggregate.
View attachment 59863

Following the advancement to the EURO Cup semifinal, was our FA Cup semifinal with West Ham. Fielding a relatively weaker team, resting some players for midweek against Chelsea in the Premier League, we still dominated and rode out 2-0 winners, with both goals coming from Peter Crouch.
View attachment 59864

We now had a chance to make the remaining stretch of games a bit easier. If we beat or drew with Chelsea, we would wrap up the Premier League title at home, with four games left to play.
Coming out strong at White Hart Lane, Dzeko scored first on 10 minutes. dos Santos added a second on the stroke of halftime, before Toulalan confirmed the victory in the 65th minute.
Kevin Thompson being sent off in the 17th minute was a key moment, and we cruised to victory over Chelsea from that point onwards.
View attachment 59865
premier-league-trophy.jpg

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR
2013/14
PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS

This key victory locked up the Premier League trophy for a second time in my short duration at Tottenham Hotspur! The victory against Chelsea moved us 15 points clear at the top of the table, and capped a delightful Premier league season.

But the work was not yet done, as a bore 0-0 draw away at West Brom was up before our Euro Cup semifinal.
View attachment 59867

Then came our big time EURO Cup semifinal, where we wanted to secure a good home leg result to move on.
But it was not to be, with Markus Rosenburg grabbing a shock goal after just 2 minutes, and Hugo Almeida burying us with a second in the 64th minute. A disappointing result, as it just didn't seem to click on the day for us!
View attachment 59868

From one defeat to another, as we fell 2-0 to Sunderland at home in the Premier League. Not a worry since it was already won for us, and we were playing reserves.
View attachment 59869

Now was the crucial match, traveling to Weserstadion in Germany for our return leg with Werder Bremen. Luka Modric was able to score a great goal in the 20th minute, but despite dominating the possession and laying siege to the goal, we were unable to break their resistance again, falling out of the competition 2-1 on aggregate.
View attachment 59870

A disappointing result in the EURO Cup, but the clinching of the Premier League was more than enough to keep us happy!
The Premier League trophy, a Champions League berth next season and the prospect of the FA Cup final with Chelsea coming up were all rewards for a fine season through all competitions.

With the Premier League wrapped up, all that is left is to collect individual awards, give reserves some league playing time, and win the FA Cup!

Last edited: